Alright when was that again.....?

I don't Understand this exceeding track limits rule. If you chop a turn on the inside line like Seb at Montreal then you are taking a shorter line and cutting track distance. But drifting wide like they where all doing on the final turn is making the track wider. And going the long way round, A car hooked up will do this to some extent. The racing line just pushes you out there. Not that any one got a penalty for putting 2 tires over curb. Make a rule and enforce it every event, Or where is the consistency (Watch Senna movie for that Ron Dennis quote)

By going wide you are able to carry more speed through the corner and also higher speed out of it. Thus make it faster.
No one will ever be penalized for putting 2 tires over the curb. However, if no you leave the track with all 4 wheels (white lines are track limits). Then that is illegal (per the rules).

However, the Federation of Incompetent Amateurs are not able to enforce their own rules, and to further prove how amateur they are, they are not even able to enforce their race,- and corner specific rules for Austria.

Actually has nothing to do with aero. In the rules the steering system must only be used to actually steer the car, Redbull argues DAS is part of the steering, thus illegal. Merc argues its part of the suspension, thus legal. Both are in part correct and both incorrect, depending on how you see it. In order to know the truth, we'd need to see the schematics of the system, but only Merc and FIA will ever see that. I have my theory on how it works (fairly simple), but nothing to back it up.
One thing is for sure, it works. Its dead simple car physics and I'm actually surprised noone thought of it before. It does however take some clever engineering to pull off, so hats off to the ever impressive 'germa-neering'.

Isn’t it the other way around in that Redbull wanted it banned based on their premise that it forms a part of the suspension which is illegal
Mercedes said that it was a part of the steering and therefore legal. Redbull then asked for clarification as the driver should be able to steer with the DAS mechanism?

A grey area no matter the result as it does affect the steering primarily. I’m not 100% sure how toe affects the suspension geometry part from the fact that it is generally considered a setup tool in the suspension and not the wheel itself?

I voted for Albon for a great move around the outside of Hamilton and I support Red Bull more than Mercedes even though they had issues. It takes balls and high integrity to overtake in the way that Albon does. To hear respected commentators like Brundle blaming him immediately is disappointing. Probably Lewis bias due to media.

I think Perez was doing well before the penalty, and Leclerc and Norris obviously had great races. Norris had a good drive. His moves are down the inside and hit other cars, which takes balls but less integrity.

1. Albon
2. Norris
3. Leclerc
4. Bottas
5. Sainz

Mercedes took their initial design to the FIA some time ago - probably now 2 years ago. The FIA engineers set some requirements that the FIA thought would be impossible to achieve. Mercedes achieved it.
Tyres need toe out for cornering and no toe on straights. Fixed systems are a compromise. The Mercedes system allows more toe out for cornering and no toe on straights, reducing scrub, so wear and temps.
Bonus is to use lots of toe on straights to heat up tyres.

Oppression has and still does exist for black people...

But a 'black' person who from the age of 8 had all the best gear thrown at them through karting, into F3 and then eventually into F1 at the age of 22....who has spent an entire career in the best teams with the best gear.......
They can't really say they were oppressed can they?
Yet Lewis does.....he says and i quote "i have been oppressed my whole career for being black"

Ermmmm, if that is your version of oppression buddy...i want it...

I feel for the guy, but I can't help but think that his performance on Sunday really does vindicate Ferrari's decision. I think a Leclerc/Sainz pairing will bring them more success than Vettel ever could and has.

Hey everyone,

There have been plenty of articles doing the rounds about how Renault could be making an announcement as soon as tomorrow on their 2021 driver who will partner Esteban Ocon at the French team.

They all seem to point towards Renault signing a driver who has been on their books before. There were rumours that Abiteboul had even told some senior mechanics that they had worked with the guy already over the Austrian GP weekend.

So looking back over drivers Renault have had work for them in race and development roles, who do you think they will announce? Would love to know in the comments also, who you believe they should sign, irrespective of the articles we've seen in recent days.

By personal system of elimination:
- Sirotkin and Kubica don't bring enough to approve lack of speed
- Alonso shouldn't come back, he is fast but I am not a fan of Lauda/Schumacher comeback types
- Hulk shouldn't even talk to them after what they did to him
- Prefer Magnussen 51-49% compared to Grosjean and don't wish good things to Renault so went for Grosjean :roflmao:

Now, realistically: Alonso, his whole career is Renault .

- Prefer Magnussen 51-49% compared to Grosjean and don't wish good things to Renault so went for Grosjean :roflmao:

Made me smile :roflmao::roflmao:

I think your logic is sound. Hulkenberg shouldn't talk to them, but if it's his only shot at a drive I could see him going for it.

I can't tell who they'll go for actually and I'm normally pretty spot on with calling it! It's exciting...

1594120872325.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea