Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12

Cars Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I used that wheelbase because that's what was provided with the car.

Those measurements can be off a lot on some old cars, or just change from alignment, so I left it assuming its some kind of measurement by whoever touched the car earlier. I dunno why the hell it has so many decimals if it didn't come from a pointcloud.

I know this is used as a figure of speech but can you please clarify your meaning here so Interpol can close all the new files they have created on everybody who clicked on this page innocently looking for a simulated race car. :O_o:
Yes, you have clarified yourself. It is a figure of speech... following the love of cars that Itallians have and relating the personality and style of the car to a woman. Keeping with the introduction style of the car... Its quite clear.

Last edited:
Apologies. Not trying to clarify or police your words at all friend. The meaning is perfectly clear as you say whereas mine was evidently not. I just thought it was funny that your words *also* carried this wildly different meaning you obviously didn't register.

Update is nice, cheers!
Making the wheel bigger might help with visibility of the dials, not sure how it'll affect the driver animation, he's already pretty cramped on the right.
i noticed the driver reaches for the shifter quite early, should be easy to adjust. also the animation for where he goes for the shifter is quite off
312 sounds seem a decent fit to me

Thanks for this great mod.
Autodelta and Carlo Chiti had a big role in the Alfa Romeo legacy, creating touring and sport car like the GTA, GTAm, and the cars derived from the Tipo 33 like this monster.

Probably the prettiest LMP car before LMP that has ever been made. Its a joy to drive although DAMN those brakes were bad back then.

Other than changing the Stradale 33 sounds for the Ferrari F1 sounds, what other changes could been made to this car? I think its perfect otherwise.

It drives good, but has too much downforce. 600 kg at 275 km/h is not realistic for an early '70s car, at that speed 300 kg should be fine. If you fix it I'm ready to give you 5 stars, because apart from that, the mod is fantastic

Lovely mod, such a blast on vintage circuits! A real speed monster :)
A couple of questions:

Whats the reason for this bullet point under known issues?
- please disable "gyro" FFB in CSP "FFB Tweaks"

The stock setup is very understeery, and I find I have to mess with arbs, ride heights/springs and just about any setting in the setup menu to get the car to turn. Were these cars really setup with such a big understeer safety margin in real life?

No, you are saying that the level of downforce is inaccurate. He is asking you what your evidence is for these claims.

Do you have real-world data for early 70s cars? Or just a hunch?

In appreciation for this mod I'd like to share this photo that I had saved on my harddrive for some time now:

Octane-Magazin-15_Alfa-Tipo-DSC_4770-edited.jpg

The three Alfa works drivers of the time, Nanni Galli, Arturo Merzario (who saved Niki Lauda from death his Nürburgring crash) and Derek Bell.

No, you are saying that the level of downforce is inaccurate. He is asking you what your evidence is for these claims.

Do you have real-world data for early 70s cars? Or just a hunch?
Again, if you use the aero app you'll see that, for example, both Ferrari 312T and Lotus 72D (I know they are different cars, it's just to give an example) create half the downforce of the Alfa Romeo 33tt. And this seems strange to me. I also found this http://www.mulsannescorner.com/data.html a sort of "aerodynamics database" which also provides the sources from which the data is taken. If you look at some closed wheel protoype from the 1970s, you'll see that they can't generate the downforce of this mod. For instance a 1977 Porsche 936 produces 332 kg at 290 km/h.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back