Alfa Romeo Name Retuns to Formula One in 2019

How the hell they can call Alfa Romeo a Sauber with a Ferrari engine is beyond me.
They should design and build the car in Milan, then call it Alfa Romeo.

How the hell they can call Alfa Romeo a Sauber with a Ferrari engine is beyond me.
They should design and build the car in Milan, then call it Alfa Romeo.

I do agree in principal
Lamborghini was owned by Audi, which is run by Volkswagen but lol

About drivers

My answer is always simple if you want to find the worlds best driver you need more then control tyres.

In my opinion to keep pace with Formula E they will need the most efficient engine
designed in co-operation with all F1 engine manufactures which would drastically
reduce cost

Make constructors mean something again and leave it all down to chassis and driver

Of course they will never agree, even if they did they got to be able to travel as close as IndyCar first which is the only way you create more passing not with artificial bull
Ridiculous they are ultimate machine but can't handle a bit of dirty air

Anyway my point is if F1 was like this many more drivers would have a shot at title

Last edited:
I have to laugh at how people are taking this. It's a bit of news and there isn't anything done in racing that doesn't have a marketing thought to it.. No big deal but hopefully if they go red it isn't like the Ferrari and if they go white that it isn't like the Williams. Which btw, may have a colour change soon? Maybe? Possibly?

The Alfa Romeo brand has far more right to be in 'EffWun' than RBR and STR.
Alfa Romeo, a history in motor racing that dates back 90+ years and a manufacturer of sporty road cars.
Red Bull Racing, maker of fizzy drinks loaded with Caffeine and Sugar, leading the charge toward increased Diabetes and Dental disease.
:confused:

totally agree with you, fabian. but it also brings back fond memories of very ugly and too heavy formula one cars, lol:
Giacomelli_1979_France_01_BC.jpg
what is that car?

Alfa Tipo 179 V12.
It looks like Brambilla driving, they started the year with Tipo 177B and rolled this one out around 3 months IIRC.

Last edited:
I do agree in principal
Lamborghini was owned by Audi, which is run by Volkswagen but lol

About drivers

My answer is always simple if you want to find the worlds best driver you need more then control tyres.

In my opinion to keep pace with Formula E they will need the most efficient engine
designed in co-operation with all F1 engine manufactures which would drastically
reduce cost

Make constructors mean something again and leave it all down to chassis and driver

Of course they will never agree, even if they did they got to be able to travel as close as IndyCar first which is the only way you create more passing not with artificial bull
Ridiculous they are ultimate machine but can't handle a bit of dirty air

Anyway my point is if F1 was like this many more drivers would have a shot at title
A bit of dirty air? You know a F1 displaces about the same amount of air as a transporttruck?
So you are basically driving in a vacuum behind another car.
At high speeds a F1 car generates so much downforce it could drive upside down.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back