AI Settings, Just a bit more boring AI info.

OK, good point.

I race these tracks at 120% with the AI on high aggression, so it's the BestAdjust that I'm personally more interested in. Having settled on 1.1 I just set the other two a touch lower. Hadn't thought about that too much tbh.

By all means recommend some values for Mid and Worst I'm happy to edit them into all the tracks.
Just took a quick look at AIW files for default RACE 07 tracks, and Worst = 0.75, Mid = 1.00, and Best = 1.20 seems fairly common. And when the numbers are different, they're often all decreased by roughly the same amount. If memory serves, rFactor tracks often had similar values... perhaps Worst = 0.8.

Probably 0.7, 0.9, and 1.1 would be my suggestions (which is just a moderately informed guess, really :O_o:).

To dial them in fully, you'd need to follow a detailed process, like jgf's process you can find at this link, for example.

Last edited:
Yes higher ai aggression = ai car driving closer to other cars, (and more likely to hit them).
Hi Andreas. I was reading a thread on WP_Cheats where you mentioned moving the waypoints closer to the racing line, or something of that nature to alter the AI speed through a corner. But I can't find that comment again.

I have a track with a fairly high speed section into a tight hairpin. (It's modelled on the Spitz Hairpin at Tilke's Hochenheim)

The AI brake a little bit too early making it easy to outbrake them up the inside, and then are very slow around the apex, with late acceleration out of the corner. Although they lap at a good pace, it's easy to make up 4 or 5 seconds on AI at that hairpin.

I've tried adjusting the racing line in Guitarman's AIW editor.
I've made minor adjustments to the WP_Cheat value
But neither seem to work. So far the only result has been for the AI to roll on exit.

Ultimately the aim is to have them brake about two waypoints later, but a bit harder, then carry a bit more speed through the apex and accelerate sooner on exit.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to achieve this, and/or any guidance on editing / moving the waypoints closer to the racing line?

Many thanks.

Hi Andreas. I was reading a thread on WP_Cheats where you mentioned moving the waypoints closer to the racing line, or something of that nature to alter the AI speed through a corner. But I can't find that comment again.

I have a track with a fairly high speed section into a tight hairpin. (It's modelled on the Spitz Hairpin at Tilke's Hochenheim)

The AI brake a little bit too early making it easy to outbrake them up the inside, and then are very slow around the apex, with late acceleration out of the corner. Although they lap at a good pace, it's easy to make up 4 or 5 seconds on AI at that hairpin.

I've tried adjusting the racing line in Guitarman's AIW editor.
I've made minor adjustments to the WP_Cheat value
But neither seem to work. So far the only result has been for the AI to roll on exit.

Ultimately the aim is to have them brake about two waypoints later, but a bit harder, then carry a bit more speed through the apex and accelerate sooner on exit.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to achieve this, and/or any guidance on editing / moving the waypoints closer to the racing line?

Many thanks.
Can you post a screenshot of the corner in aiw-editor? :)

Attachments

• image_2023-07-21_211734657.png
    image_2023-07-21_211734657.png
    494.1 KB · Views: 39
I'd be curious to know if this issue gets resolved, and if so, how you addressed it. Slow corners like hairpins have often caused challenges for me in AI tweaking -- especially extreme ones such as the Lycee corner on the Pau street circuit, or the infamous Melco hairpin on the Macau street circuit (to use example from RACE 07).

I'd be curious to know if this issue gets resolved, and if so, how you addressed it.
I've reprofiled the entire hairpin, making the radius wider. Haven't test driven it yet but hopefully that ill encourage the AI to carry more speed, and the slightly different exit racing line should stop them rolling.

Reprofiled hairpin.jpg
one of the benefits of fictional tracks, you don't have to be millimeter perfect and have the luxury to make shape / profile adjustments as fixes.

This is an example where it could help to move the waypoints to the racing line. It seems the ai speed is more connected to them than to the racing line for some reason.
BUT: it takes some effort to do, because editing the waypoints position will also move track limits etc. So it can be a good idea to only move every second waypoint first and then recalculate track limits, racing line etc before moving the rest.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.