AI Settings, Just a bit more boring AI info.

Here is the settings list from someone in the past who attempted to make an AI enhancement mod. It's interesting to see how someone else did it. Especially the TYR adjustments. Something I didn't think of before.

RCD:

// Consistency = RaceAbility (based on real series)
Passing=98.0
CorneringAdd=1.000
CorneringMult=1.000
// MinRacingSkill = 0.98 (if = 1)
Composure = 0.01
RaceColdBrainMin=0.99
RaceColdBrainTime=0

HDC:

AIMinPassesPerTick=7
AITorqueStab=(1.05, 1.05, 1.15) // Standard
AITorqueStab=(0.50, 0.50, 0.75) // Single-seat

GDB:

RoadDryGrip = 1.00
AIDryGrip = 1.00
RoadWetGrip = 0.75
AIWetGrip = 0.75
Drafting
{
BaseDropoff=0.20 // higher number -> more drafting effect
LeadingExponent=2.0 // higher number -> lower effect on leader
FollowingExponent=2.0 // higher number -> lower effect on followers
}

AIW:

WorstAdjust= // Based on calibration. Firsts in 100% = better known time.
MidAdjust= // Based on calibration. Firsts in 100% = better known time.
BestAdjust= // Based on calibration. Firsts in 100% = better known time.
QualRatio=(1.0200)
RaceRatio=(1.0500)
slowwhenpushed=0
AIBrakingStiffness=(0.9000, 0.9000, 0.9000)
AIRange=(1.00) // 0.5 for Nordschleife, 0.8 if ref time is superior to 2min, 0.9 if between 2min and 1min30
AISpec=(0.000, 0.000, 0.8500, 0.0700)
AIDraftStickiness=(1.0000)

PLR:

AI Power Calibration="0"
AI to AI Collision Rate="40" (default is 20)
Player Car Equal="0"
Vehicle Specific AI Setups="0"
AI Max Load="31500.00000"

TYR:

*Front Tyres*
AISens=(0.60, 24000.0)
AIGripMult=1.01
AIPeakSlip=0.148
AIWear=0.517e-7

*Rear Tyres*
AISens=(0.60, 24500.0)
AIGripMult=1.12
AIPeakSlip=0.14816
AIWear=0.503e-7

I'm also curious: have you tried these settings? If so, did you notice a substantial difference in the AI behaviour?

I'm also curious: have you tried these settings? If so, did you notice a substantial difference in the AI behaviour?
Yes, That is where I got it. Initially, I was searching for any Ai mods I could use to enhance the game, So I downloaded it and gave it a try. It did make the Ai more competitive, and noticeably right from the start of the race, there was no need for the one lap of not passing to allow the Ai to settle. But I have since learned that we can do better. This mod or group of settings changes relies on high AITorqueStab settings, meaning the Ai is a little bit like freight trains. It was a good learning experience, though. I read through all the changes made and worked out a few good things I could do myself.

That's fantastic. :) Whatever you've learned about the best ways to improve AI behaviour in RACE 07 by tweaking these sorts of parameters, it'd be awesome to share with Andreas and the others working on the Race Remaster effort going on. These are the sorts of changes that should absolutely be a part of that mod over time.

That's fantastic. :) Whatever you've learned about the best ways to improve AI behaviour in RACE 07 by tweaking these sorts of parameters, it'd be awesome to share with Andreas and the others working on the Race Remaster effort going on. These are the sorts of changes that should absolutely be a part of that mod over time.
Cheers, I'm happy you think my efforts could be helpful. I have been keeping an eye on the Remaster thread. For the moment, I'm still slowly working out all the settings that can affect the Ai and writing a rather extensive list with descriptions of what each setting does. Then hopefully, I can come up with a set of meaningful adjustments and share them.

Cool stuff, from old noGrip forum, related to GTR2 :

Attachments

• Talent RCD Files Info.JPG
    Talent RCD Files Info.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 189
Cool stuff, from old noGrip forum, related to GTR2 :
Yes, setups seem to make a big difference. Especially the gearing, you can remove that problem where the Ai is not geared high enough for a track with long straights.
I am not sure about something, though, and I need to test a bit to see how this works.
There are a few settings in the HDC that appear to override the SVM, or maybe it's like a smoothing filter, I'm not sure. Here are the settings I'm considering.

AIEvenSuspension=0.10

Averages out spring and damper rates to improve stability (0.0 - 1.0)
The use of this variable would increase the disparity between AI and player physics

AISpringRate=0.9

Spring rate adjustment for AI physics is used to soften or stiffen the suspension for AI vehicles. Decrease this to soften spring rates to keep the AI stable. 1 is equivalent to the setup file or default setup.

AIDamperSlow=0.9

Contribution of average slow damper into simple AI damper. This simplifies dampers when used for AI.

AIDamperFast=0.5

Contribution of average fast damper into simple AI damper.

AIDownforceZArm=0.15

Hard-coded center-of-pressure offset from vehicle CG.

AIDownforceBias=0.8

Bias between setup and hard-coded downforce value (Range: 0-1). 0 is most realistic, 1 is least realistic. A value of 0 will ensure the AI does not have more downforce than the player? This can be useful to improve AI stability though, especially if they have problems at high speeds.

That's great info. Yes, going to try that .. But the thing is.. , not going by changing single digits or fiddling with numbers in files... Instead, giving AI your best Setup-file in the proper location in the game. Using this, ( your's . svm file you've created), as their new fall-back / default setting ..
If this is possible, well it's a new way of thinking and solve some of the problems ..
Unfortunatly, trying this, will be only for this car on this track-specific ...

I think you can have a general SVM file. Just name it the car's name, and place it in the folder for that car. If you look in the folders for the vehicles you have, I think you will find some already done.

No general default .. I think it's not possible. STCC / WTCC Example : Honda and Chevys versus BMWs.. You forgot... front-wheeled cars need a completely different Setup. No ?

And yes, some car-Setups is included by modders, you're right.
Have you looked at any current good Top Speed mods ?

AI was slow on fast tracks so some people made them go faster. Perhaps with disastrous result .. ,
by changing some digits in files. Trying to find one for you.. flicking through 10 pages of RD Search in Resoures.. there is more...
For Asetto C : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/faster-ai-for-all-tracks.14758/
Checking in AndreasRSC great stuff .. and on my disc. Stand by..

( edit : no, seems not to be a separate mod. It's incorporated in a track- conversion, so no general thing... only settings / adjustment done, for a specific track.. what about FinalGearRatio= ?? )

Last edited:
AI was slow on fast tracks so some people made them go faster. Perhaps with disastrous result .. ,
by changing some digits in files. Trying to find one for you.. flicking through 10 pages of RD Search in Resoures.. there is more...
For Asetto C : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/faster-ai-for-all-tracks.14758/

( edit : no, seems not to be a separate mod. It's incorporated in a track- conversion, so no general thing... only settings / adjustment done, for a specific track.. what about FinalGearRatio= ?? )
Ok, yep, I think I know what you mean. Yes, you can play with the final gear ratio, but things get a bit complicated. Raising it slightly, so you don't hit the rev limiter is easy enough, and you can apply the same logic to the SVM file for the AI.
The difficulty I have had was when I decided that the 1993 F1 mod, which uses the F3000 car, was good but not fast enough. The 1993 cars have about 300 more horsepower and rev a lot higher. So I downloaded a small App called Toms Engine Shop, then I added more lines into the ENG file so the engine would rev to 14000 rpm and plotted a new power curve in Toms engine shop. So far, so good. Then I realized that my gearing was now totally up the wack, And It's not easy to get right. So anyway, I have been working on that in the hopes that I can make the F1 1993 mod more realistic.
I'm guessing that the engine power curve in the ENG file will give you the "more speed" you're looking for. Give Toms Engine Shop a try.

Last edited:

I found a mod like that for race 07, I just didnt' try it yet because at the moment I'm not that good so I still have fun with slow AI.
Anyways I think I found it in the tt.servegame forum so maybe take a look there since I don't think I'm allowed to post it here and it may be helpful to take a look.
If you have trouble finding it then just write me your email address here and I can send it privately.

Yeah, in the last couple days is impossible to log in, maybe during the week is less crowded and you can log in. Anyways if you're interested just send me a private message :)

Hey guys, I think that for me the biggest AI problem is the difference in laptimes beyween quali and race, I always race with the base setup so that I don't have any advantage over them but when I qualify 10th I can still win the race. Have you got any ideas about what would be a better ratio to use in the track files?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%