Adjusted FoV down from default 54 to 25 using calculator and now I can't see corners right

Hey everyone,

I've read and heard how a more realistic FoV can help you make drive better so tonight, I finally looked into it properly, measured the distance from my eyes to my single 24" monitor (26 inches) and bam, the calculator told me 25.4

So I went into my view settings and adjusted it from the default 54° to 25° and ran some laps. As you can imagine, everything is zoomed up now and while I can see the benefits of everything seemingly moving slower, making it easier to be consistent with braking points, cornering is just so much harder now with such a narrow field of view.

I'm going to try to stick it out for a little while and see how it works out but is there any way of making life easier? Thanks

P1
I'm running the column on the left side so I can see most of the dash with the mirror in the middle.
As you can see the mirror is to big and low, blocking a lot of the road because it's bubbled out in the middle of the screen.
I think it's just the car. The track looks normal.
The car is going straight down the road but I have to look under the mirror to see.
So I guess I'm trying to move point of view from center to the left for left hand drive car.

Last edited:
okay so, the mirror is correctly positioned from what I can see in the Mclaren P1.

You have to open your view option widget (the helmet icon) and press the right or left arrow to move left or right. Or, press reset on that same menu. Or, make sure you are in cockpit view and not some other camera view. Find the key binding to cycle the cameras in the game main menus.

I did all that but can't figure out how to straighten the cockpit view so the mirror isn't bigger the the rest of the dash.
I need to also move point of view so I'm looking straight down the road from the left side of the screen.
No matter where I move the arrows, point of view stays in the middle of the screen.

It would seem you are not in cockpit camera..

Did you try:

F1 : cycle car cameras
F2 : random cameras
F3 : track cameras
F5 : pivot camera around the car
F6 : cycle on-board cameras

• Deleted member 963434

i have same fov i have 21:9 monitor 34 inch , sittin like 70-80 cm from it. i use same 25 fov, i tell yo, yo must just learn tracks an remember every corner an yo will do it. theres no point stretchin fov to have more peripheral vision i tell yo.
yo have then same sense of speed as in real life (well in real life yo must imagine yo lookin throu screen and ignore peripheral vision, like just look at road signs or road markers an yo see at speed 100, even 160 kph it all movin so slow)
but thats not important that yo have better sense of speed, but most important is cars front wheels just sittin correct to yo steerin wheel, they surround yo steering wheel so no matter how camera angles or sometin yo set yo always know yo have like 5-10 cm left of yo steerin wheel yo got left wheel an, like 7-12 cm of yo right steering wheel border yo have right wheel, so yo can hit apex better, yo know better when cars front wheels are. yo just must to remember tracks. also i saw yo turn less cause yo see how immediately car turns on screen. so yo drive more precise. as i tried to stretchen fov to 54 setting i saw i turn wheel like 90 degree an i dont see car turnin, also my both front wheels was in the middle of steerin wheelm thats not like in real life, i checked by driving onto white lanes at speedway yo have both left an right wheel exactly when yo steerin wheel ends on both sides.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back