Adding 7th gear in mod F1-2019!?

I have the mod RMS F1-2019 and in setups menu only up to 6th gear gear-ratios can be edited - is there a way I could add 7th gear thru editing a certain file or so!? Thx for help! :)

Yep - totally agree with you. I prefer offline (plugin is almost useless in online actually, it is all about offline) and love GTR2 AI, Championships, working Safety Car phase, rain, no ghosting etc. I am hoping a solid replacement to emerge, but I cannot see it yet. And indeed, some content looks very good, sometimes I can't believe it is GTR2.

Last edited:
Yeah same here,
I miss the talent files in games like ac or acc. The rfactor 1 talent file is in my eyes a simple version of the gtr2 ones. If there would be a plugin for ac to use talent files it would be my number one plugin

If rfactor 1 would have the same folder system and i mean allow to change it (it do a little bit but not in the same way gtr2 allows it.)
And uses the same talent files i would ditch gtr2 and go all in on rf1 but it dont thats why i go for gtr2 even with that rfactor 1 have faster pitstops etc.

I dont like the ffb in rf1 also even with real feel plugin

I like your effort with the crewchief plugin/tool to give gtr2 some options other games have, i really do. Only for me most options i allready have in some shape or form (except tyre dirt/pickup flatspot and whipers and voice control)

Do i really miss those options in my non gtr2 probably but i dont know because i cant try it.

But this would make me thinking,
The gtr2 wx patch (weather patch for race day) is a simple DOS injector/hex edit. If you want to use it you have to start gtr2 with that patch every time so if you make a short cut of it and delete the original shortcut its just as fast.

So maybe you and i could make a simulair patch that can turn on some of the features of your crewchief.. yes it would not be as easy like with your crew chief but hey why dont non steam users could enjoy some of the same features like flatspot or some other things

Last edited:
I am planning to make a video about some things you can do with gtr2 and how it works and what it do to the game and how it would give a other feeling to the game
For offline use

Only i have tried this in the past but the video was over 1 hours long (too long in my eyes) before i notice it.

So maybe i need to do it in parts

Indeed the gears are set in GTR2.EXE and as you can see with hex editor there are only 7 gears max in GTR2.
The only way to get 8 gears would be a hack via CrewChief plugin if @The Iron Wolf has got some free time but he is busy at the moment with his own projects.
how do you get these text in hex editor i have the same but for some reason i only get binary text < example i dont see 7th gear text

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.