Adding 7th gear in mod F1-2019!?

I have the mod RMS F1-2019 and in setups menu only up to 6th gear gear-ratios can be edited - is there a way I could add 7th gear thru editing a certain file or so!? Thx for help! :)

Fixed it myself! For those who don't have it: Get the "UI-Mod GTR2" provided here (thx to those guys who made that) and you will have 7th gear ratios and much more as well. Awesome. Now the only bugs remaining in that mod are that I have cars from other series also in grid and only 17 cars can be used in a race, the full grid CTD - but that can partly be fixed with "Tom's Quick Race" tool which i had presented here before! TTFN TBH

Last edited:
gg ez 8 gear
8gearez.png

No it is a motec tweak to display number 8 instead of seven but for the game 8 is 7, 7 is 6, 6 is 5, 5 is 4, 4 is 3, 3 is 2, 2 is 1 and THERE IS NO 1ST GEAR as it jumps from N to 2 directly : the displayed gear 2 is the first gear in fact.

No it is a motec tweak to display number 8 instead of seven but for the game 8 is 7, 7 is 6, 6 is 5, 5 is 4, 4 is 3, 3 is 2, 2 is 1 and THERE IS NO 1ST GEAR as it jumps from N to 2 directly : the displayed gear 2 is the first gear in fact.
Yeah jojo30 did that with his f1 2021 mod 7th gear displaying as 8th.

Gtr2 dont allow 8 gears period.

Indeed the gears are set in GTR2.EXE and as you can see with hex editor there are only 7 gears max in GTR2.
The only way to get 8 gears would be a hack via CrewChief plugin if @The Iron Wolf has got some free time but he is busy at the moment with his own projects.

Attachments

• gearing.jpg
    gearing.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 98
Indeed the gears are set in GTR2.EXE and as you can see with hex editor there are only 7 gears max in GTR2.
The only way to get 8 gears would be a hack via CrewChief plugin if @The Iron Wolf has got some free time but he is busy at the moment with his own projects.
I'll just say that given how many things GTR2 is missing to simulate most modern F1 (ERS, KERS, Hybrid etc), missing 8th gear is the least of our problems. As engine is missing many features, I would rather invest energy in making older F1 more accurate, and there are ways CC plugin allows that already: flat spots, dirt pickup, stationary friction and better shifting emulation for pre 1989 cars. Beta also allows for richer motec.

As 8th gear was introduced in 2014, I would rather focus energy on pre 2014 cars (how about joining forces and polishing F1 2013 mod and adjusting it to fully use all the plugin features? That would be much shorter route to the most accurate simulation). If all goes well, the first thing I'll do to enhance modern F1 is DRS rules, and then maybe try to visualize flat spots. In other words, 8th gear is years away on my list, sorry.

Last edited:
I'll just say that given how many things GTR2 is missing to simulate most modern F1 (ERS, KERS, Hybrid etc), missing 8th gear is the least of our problems. As engine is missing many features, I would rather invest energy in making older F1 more accurate, and there are ways CC plugin allows that already: flat spots, dirt pickup, stationary friction and better shifting emulation for pre 1989 cars. Beta also allows for richer motec.

As 8th gear was introduced in 2014, I would rather focus energy on pre 2014 cars (how about joining forces and polishing F1 2013 mod and adjusting it to fully use all the plugin features? That would be much shorter route to the most accurate simulation). If all goes well, the first thing I'll do to enhance modern F1 is DRS rules, and then maybe try to visualize flat spots. In other words, 8th gear is years away on my list, sorry.
Could you make something that allows faster pit stops? Like in rfactor 1.

That would change lot of things for gtr2.

I agree focus on pre 8th gear cars is the best option.
Such many great championships around that would need some polishing.

Could you make something that allows faster pit stops? Like in rfactor 1.

That would change lot of things for gtr2.

I agree focus on pre 8th gear cars is the best option.
Such many great championships around that would need some polishing.
Good idea, noted, but please for the future - I do not take requests, help is welcome though, and feature like that will require a TON of testing. Are you willing to test it?

One of the biggest problems for F1 is that game does not have formation/standing... been thinking maybe one compromise would be to glue rolling and standing, in a sense that if Formation/Standing is selected, but by the time cars reach grid, game silently restarts session in standing, kinda teleport into starting postions... But Crew Chief will comment it all as "formation standing", and so will the onscreen text, so might be a good compromise... We'll see.

Last edited:
Good idea, noted but please for the future - I do not take requests, help is welcome though, and feature like that will require a TON of testing.

One of the biggest problems for F1 is that game does not have formation/standing... been thinking maybe one compromise would be to glue rolling and standing, in a sense that if Formation/Standing is selected, but by the time cars reach grid, game silently restarts session in standing, kinda teleport into starting postions... But Crew Chief will comment it all as "formation standing", so might be a good compromise... We'll see.
I have played around with fuel flow (higher) but it seems to me its hardwired, also and this is a strange one, some cars/mods allow to have

In the hdc file (pitstop section)
To have a smaller amount of fuel the first stop (smaller maximum allowed fuel) and 2nd stop even smaller.
Or the first stop very very small maximum.

But other mods/cars dont it gets stuck on quali fuel load and doing some weird things.

This was my work around to have pitstops in a race and also not having all the cars pit on the same lap or 2

Last edited:
This KERS tweak is enabled for many years in all HQ cars : go in garage and set negative values for handbrake to activate it. Then on track press accelerator+handbrake to feel boost : note that I limit boost at +15% only to not destroy brakes after 1 lap (as this is the case in the f1 mod) and because it is more realistic value. Besides I set more boost in trofeo nitro edizione mod because it is a fun mod :)

Last edited:
This KERS tweak is enabled for many years in all HQ cars : go in garage and set negative values for handbrake to activate it. Then on track press accelerator+handbrake to feel boost : note that I limit boost at +15% only to not destroy brakes after 1 lap (as this is the case in the f1 mod) and because it is more realistic value. Besides I set more boost in trofeo nitro edizione mod because it is a fun mod :)
Still i dont use it its too fake for me.

Its unlimited use makes its not suitable for gtr2 in my eyes

Ai dont use it them selfs so its really only human drivers

Last edited:
I agree, that's why It is not activated by default and I limited to small boost effect to not pass all cars on straight lines :D

@The Iron Wolf Is working to add real drs to gtr2 via his CrewChief plugin so it will be more realistic and interesting.

Last edited:
I agree, that's why It is not activated by default and I limited to small boost effect to not pass all cars on straight lines :D

@The Iron Wolf Is working to add real drs to gtr2 via his CrewChief plugin so it will be more realistic and interesting.
But please friends, don't expect magic. At least initially, AI won't use DRS. Also, wing will not move visually. But in a long run who knows, I never thought things plugin already does today would be achievable, but they were (I also had huge help from a few folks, it wasn't alone effort).

One more thing this stuff will require mod and track changes, so it won't be a simple text edit or something, it will require matching content.

Last edited:
One more thing this stuff will require mod and track changes, so it won't be a simple text edit or something, it will require matching content
Thats no problem for me, all my gtr2 downloads( i mean i download it)
I allways change every detail i could find.

I got 20 different gtr2's on my pc
1 for f1, 1 for gt3, 1 for indy/champcar etc. I dont leave any thing stock

So if you need any help just pm me.
And i can see what i can do

I have been editting games way back from microsoft flightsim 98.
With tons of external software/patches etc and did alot of Ai work for bf 1942 desert combat mod

Only i never used hex editor on gtr2
(Probably not come to mind but all other games i have used it allot)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back