Adding 7th gear in mod F1-2019!?

I have the mod RMS F1-2019 and in setups menu only up to 6th gear gear-ratios can be edited - is there a way I could add 7th gear thru editing a certain file or so!? Thx for help! :)

Thats no problem for me, all my gtr2 downloads( i mean i download it)
I allways change every detail i could find.

I got 20 different gtr2's on my pc
1 for f1, 1 for gt3, 1 for indy/champcar etc. I dont leave any thing stock

So if you need any help just pm me.
And i can see what i can do

I have been editting games way back from microsoft flightsim 98.
With tons of external software/patches etc and did alot of Ai work for bf 1942 desert combat mod

Only i never used hex editor on gtr2
(Probably not come to mind but all other games i have used it allot)
If you want to help, you could start getting very well familiar with the plugin, how it works, what it does. It is at thecrewchief.org. Testing can be big help here.

Caveat: plugin works only with Steam GTR2.exe.

I have no idea. Game is extremely cheap though, don't SimBin deserve thanks? You can also refund if plugin does not work for you (plugin is as is, no support).
Well i paid 4 times the highest price for gtr2 so i have sponsor them a lot back then so i have paid my respect to them 4 times

Btw was there stuff removed on the steam edition?

Why cant your mod/tool work with the non steam version?

Last edited:
Why cant your mod/tool work with the non steam version?
It does not make sense technically. Steam GTR2.exe is newer binary, there are quite a bit of changes in it. I fixed most bugs it introduced compared to CD in the plugin, but I can bet with high confidence it also fixed a lot of things compared to CD, people just aren't aware because majority is using CD version. Lastly, supporting 2 binaries is a lot of work and again, makes no sense to spend time on.

XD/TrackMap won't work with Steam one but SimHub can replace both and being out of process, you should get slightly better FPS that way.

Last edited:
GTR2.exe is newer binary
Whats the advantage of the new binary in compair to the cd one

I dont mean every detail but a little quick general overview would help.

Weather patch i have from a other guy, xd i love and helped me a lot to fix ai running out of fuel.

My pc i cant get my gpu and cpu any higher then 35 to 45 degrees.
4gb patch dont solve every issue with bigger mb's used i have 32 gb and have gtr2 crashing on higher then 77 cars only the gt3 assetto corsa convertion let gtr2 crash with less cars .. on my pc so if the new binary could solve one or 2 issues i have i will take a look at the steam version.

But i dont like steam in a way that it allways checks files when starting up i have steam changed my assetto corsa many times automaticly

And thats the thing i hate the most.
Lot of work in it and steam just mess things up again.

Whats the advantage of the new binary in compair to the cd one

I dont mean every detail but a little quick general overview would help.

Weather patch i have from a other guy, xd i love and helped me a lot to fix ai running out of fuel.

My pc i cant get my gpu and cpu any higher then 35 to 45 degrees.
4gb patch dont solve every issue with bigger mb's used i have 32 gb and have gtr2 crashing on higher then 77 cars only the gt3 assetto corsa convertion let gtr2 crash with less cars .. on my pc so if the new binary could solve one or 2 issues i have i will take a look at the steam version.

But i dont like steam in a way that it allways checks files when starting up i have steam changed my assetto corsa many times automaticly

And thats the thing i hate the most.
Lot of work in it and steam just mess things up again.
You do not need Steam to run GTR2 (I hate steam and all stores ads and forced updates as well). You just get the game, copy it out, and forget about steam. But make sure plugin works if that's your reason for buying game - it is as is, I simply share what I use myself, for free, but I am not a company or something - I provide no support, the only support you get is the manual. It does not work for some people. Don't mean to be unfriendly, just want to be upfront and clear on what to expect with this plugin.

And, no. The biggest problem with GTR2 is that it is 32 bit and you will run out of RAM on big grids, and Plugin cannot solve that. I might find ways to reduce RAM usage (always looking for ways to do so), but it will always be the biggest problem of GTR2, damn 32bits :( The best way to address those crashes is via content to not use LOD0 meshes (and avoid multi LODs per car). 77 car grid is very good though.

Last edited:
Don't mean to be unfriendly, just want to be upfront and clear on what to expect with this plugin.
Dont need to be defensive, its not critism, i really like to know what advantage there is with the "new" gtr2 exe of steam.

The weather issue on race day i have in the form of gt2 wx patch(it does the same thing)

The whiper thing is cool i would give it a 8 plus.

The audio spotter thing a 10 plus.
I have a sound package of jimmy johnson 's crew chief (nr2003)
That would be great with crew chief
On ovals/nascar style racing

But what i really hate/dislike not only in gtr2 but also in assetto corsa (the first thing i turn off) the traffic warning system... that makes racing fake.. and totally unreal in my eyes but what other people think i have respect for, But i really dont like it.

Things i am chasing in/for gtr2

1.faster pitstops not the 2 sec ones like now days but 8 to 12 seconds pitstops like in indycar but also in former f1, no engine cut before refueling.

2. When like in champcar red and black side wall tyres are changed between them you visual could see the black or red sidewall tyres.
If crew chief can do that 10+++++
But i could not find it in the manual or i just overlooked it?

3. Ai could change between hard and soft tyres during race

So pitstop 1 hard tyres and full fuel
2nd soft tyres with less fuel.

The fuel thing i found a work around for but not every car/mod can use the work around propperly as far as i have tried it on many mods and cars.

But what i really hate/dislike not only in gtr2 but also in assetto corsa (the first thing i turn off) the traffic warning system... that makes racing fake.. and totally unreal in my eyes but what other people think i have respect for, But i really dont like it.
I am with you on this - I only use spotter on ovals. In road courses it is not realistc. In fact, CC app has "Realistic Mode" and one of the things it does is it only enables spotter on ovals. And I also run no UI/HUDs at all for the same reason - my nr1 goal is realism and motorsport immersion.

Most of the plugin features focused around that. Add things that GTR2 is missing due to its age. You get flat spots IRL. After travelling off track you lose grip. You can't downshift on sequential cars with no lift/blip aids without lifting - plugin adds all that etc.

Last edited:
i really like to know what advantage there is with the "new" gtr2 exe of steam.
There are no benefits for users that I know of, but for me as plugin author it makes no sense to work on CD version due to some internal differences.

You did not overlook thing about sidewalls thing it is not supported. Honestly, ovals will be low priority because unfortunately there are no oval rules in GTR2 (I wish we could do stock cars in GTR2 but it's a lot missing), so at least for now rF2 and iRacing are better choices here. Also, overall graphical changes it is not a focus of this plugin.

Last edited:
(I wish we could do stock cars in GTR2 but it's a lot missing)
There is a stock car rule option in one of the files.
I believe the hdc one
But to me it seems that simbim means with "stock" cars there vanilla cars and not the modded ones

But some cars/mods i cant start the race with other fuel load then used during quali but other car/mods do allow for different fuel load

Also i notice this only applied on human drivers ai can in both cases start with other fuel load like full tank but during quali used 25 litres but at the same time when i was using 25 litres in quali i have to start the race with 25 litres even when i press full fuel load in garage menu or even load up a race setup after quali

Last edited:
For me gtr2 is the sim to go for offline racing even with the errors or faults how every you want to call them.

Online gtr2 is no more the sim to go, yes there are people still doing it but the general people would go for ac or acc ams rfactor 2 or 1 etc.

So gtr2 is in my eyes the perfect platform to mess around with.
Dont care if it would cause missmatch or being not perfect.

There are lot of options i can think off that would make gtr2 even better then it has bin or could out class most newly released games or sims by a long shot.

Yes graphic wise it would allways be in compair to newly released games a lochness monster but hey it aint mindcraft.

Apart from the graphics and some features that are missing but could be editted in the game its still the number one sim for offline for me.

Even with rfactor 1 having some features i would like to have in gtr2
Or otherway around

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes