Misc ACSPRH | Real Helmets For Assetto Corsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I want to model my helmet design, I basically have to find out how to curve all the lines by hand so they all appear straight in the model? Or is there some sort of "line" setting in gimp or something that does it? Cause the idea of drawing a straight line by hand with a mouse is impossible for me, let alone drawing a curved line so it will appear straight in a different format...

I don't know GIMP's toolset, but I'd assume there's some sort of Pen Tool. Pretty much everything should be drawn with that (unless it's a basic shape, in which vector shape tools can be used).

Nothing should be "drawn" by hand, unless you want that sort of look. The Pen Tool (or whatever analogous tool GIMP has) is what you use to create vector shapes. Vector shapes are key because you can continuously edit them with no loss of quality; whether that be to change the design or to tweak alignment across the UV layout. It also means you can change the colour really easily without having to deal with anti-aliasing screwing things up. This is especially important when it comes to creating alpha channels or the MAP texture for tweaking the surface finish of various elements of your design (which is also the reason I try to use vector smart objects for all logos, too).

I took a quick skim of the early part of the video you linked, and the author uses the pen tool to create the shapes.

Last edited:
I don't know GIMP's toolset, but I'd assume there's some sort of Pen Tool. Pretty much everything should be drawn with that (unless it's a basic shape, in which vector shape tools can be used).

Nothing should be "drawn" by hand, unless you want that sort of look. The Pen Tool (or whatever analogous tool GIMP has) is what you use to create vector shapes. Vector shapes are key because you can continuously edit them with no loss of quality; whether that be to change the design or to tweak alignment across the UV layout. It also means you can change the colour really easily without having to deal with anti-aliasing screwing things up. This is especially important when it comes to creating alpha channels or the MAP texture for tweaking the surface finish of various elements of your design (which is also the reason I try to use vector smart objects for all logos, too).

I took a quick skim of the early part of the video you linked, and the author uses the pen tool to create the shapes.
I'll give this another shot in photoshop tomorrow. I've been messing with this file for all of today so far, and the entirety of yesterday.

Nice helmet mod :)
) would like to remove the transparent parts of the helmet, like in the front and also maby on the top.
What script would I use for this in config.ini file?

thanks in advace

Hi,
If I want to remove the transparent details on the Bell and Arai helmets models what code should I use in config.ini?
Guess it is possible. Would like a 'clean' helmet so to speak.
Thanx in advance and for a great helmet mod!

Hi,
If I want to remove the transparent details on the Bell and Arai helmets models what code should I use in config.ini?
Guess it is possible. Would like a 'clean' helmet so to speak.
Thanx in advance and for a great helmet mod!
You can't hide parts of the helmets with the config.ini file, that only hide them in first person view.

It had to happen at some point. More details soon... (hopefully :D)
acsprh_teaser.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back