Misc ACSPRH | Real Helmets For Assetto Corsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the "what you want" or "that you prefer" part of the readme.txt.

What I want is just realistic 2022 helmets

Can we not just copy paste something and have realistic 2022 helmets?

Why do I need to choose something or prefer something.

The 2022 season F1 does not care what I prefer

I dont want to choose, I just need realistic helmets

Last edited:
I don't understand the "what you want" or "that you prefer" part of the readme.txt.

What I want is just realistic 2022 helmets

Can we not just copy paste something and have realistic 2022 helmets?

Why do I need to choose something or prefer something.

The 2022 season F1 does not care what I prefer

I dont want to choose, I just need realistic helmets
This mod wasn't made just for F1 2022 helmets or any F1 season in particular. Everyone can choose to use whatever textures they want. And no you can't just have a copy paste solution, you need to do some manual installations, that's how it works unfortunately.

I made a MAP for the helmet to shine in specific places. And it works great in the Showroom but I'm not getting the same results in a car?? Any Ideas I've got everything names is there anything missing from the config file maybe? both Files are .DDS

Attachments

• config.PNG
    config.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Showroom.PNG
    Showroom.PNG
    676.2 KB · Views: 88
  • File names.PNG
    File names.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 86
  • IN game.PNG
    IN game.PNG
    543.2 KB · Views: 113
Hi, I have installed this mod. Then I copy helmet_2019.dds and ext_config.ini from Alonso's 2022 helmet to assettocorsa\content\cars\rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s\skins\A522_14_Alonso but I can't see real helmet. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    176 bytes · Views: 40
When I pone assettocorsa\content\cars\1_helmet_viewer_acsprh_bell\rh_bell_helmet_driver_19.kn5 I can see Alonso with his helmet on Showroom, but then in game that's the red helmet ¿?

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1657611004.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1657611004.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 104
Hey, how are we supposed to use the 3D templates? What program are we supposed to use them with? When I open them in GIMP, it just shows me a 2d profile image that I can't move around.

The 3D template is only supported in Photoshop.
Ahh, gotcha. With looking back through the other comments, I found that apparently we need to be in game to see this helmet as CM Showroom doesn't utilize CSP. I'm trying to figure out how to use the Arai helmet for the new RSS Ferrari 333SP, but it keeps redirecting to the default red "rh_arai_helmet_driver_19.kn5" file, unfortunately. Any idea how to get it to use the .dds files I put in the car skin folder?

Also, I've been trying to figure out how to learn how to edit skins, but I'm finding that the UV Mapping just distorts any sort of a line with a bend in it. The first two are my attempts at just using a "straight" approach in the UV Mapping .dds file, and the second two are what happened when I tried rotating the side design in order to make the design appear horizontal when applied to the model. Any idea on how to keep the straight lines from bending? I can't seem to find any sort of a tool or software that does this, and trying to edit it in 2d UV Map form seems like complete chance due to the straight lines bending. I'm using GIMP to do the editing, btw.

Attachments

• 1-input.JPG
    1-input.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1-output.JPG
    1-output.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 2-input.JPG
    2-input.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 41
  • 2-output.JPG
    2-output.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Ahh, gotcha. With looking back through the other comments, I found that apparently we need to be in game to see this helmet as CM Showroom doesn't utilize CSP. I'm trying to figure out how to use the Arai helmet for the new RSS Ferrari 333SP, but it keeps redirecting to the default red "rh_arai_helmet_driver_19.kn5" file, unfortunately. Any idea how to get it to use the .dds files I put in the car skin folder?

Also, I've been trying to figure out how to learn how to edit skins, but I'm finding that the UV Mapping just distorts any sort of a line with a bend in it. The first two are my attempts at just using a "straight" approach in the UV Mapping .dds file, and the second two are what happened when I tried rotating the side design in order to make the design appear horizontal when applied to the model. Any idea on how to keep the straight lines from bending? I can't seem to find any sort of a tool or software that does this, and trying to edit it in 2d UV Map form seems like complete chance due to the straight lines bending. I'm using GIMP to do the editing, btw.

Placing a flat 2D on a curvy 3D model will always result in warping. That's why all maps of the Earth are incorrect, for example.

You need to account for it by drawing curved lines (trial and error), or paint in 3D directly.

If you're only working in 2D, use the wireframe in the template as a guide

Placing a flat 2D on a curvy 3D model will always result in warping. That's why all maps of the Earth are incorrect, for example.

You need to account for it by drawing curved lines (trial and error), or paint in 3D directly.

If you're only working in 2D, use the wireframe in the template as a guide
Ahhh, that's a pain. Lol. Ok, I found out Photoshop was included in my "photography plan" with Adobe, so I went ahead and downloaded photoshop as well so I can do 3D modelling. So, this means I have to do it all over again, but on the 3d model this time? And will it save as a 2d .dds UV Mapping file? Or is a different kind of file needed since I'm not using the 3D modelling feature in PS?

Also, is there a way to turn the 2D UV Mapping files into 3D models in photoshop? Or will I have to use some other program like Blender or something to do that?

Last edited:
Update: I found this video from Marco17_ok and I have a lot more questions that he seemed to skip over.

How does he get that sort of view with the 3 dimensions represented by a reference line? How do I change the angle and intensity of the light? How is he linking the 2D and 3D images together to where when he makes a change on one, it seems to automatically update on the other? Do I need to make .kn5 files or anything for this?

Also, is there a discord of some sort? I saw Marco17 linked his discord in another page, but the link doesn't work anymore. I'm trying to find some good chat channel for skinning help, but the few channels I've tried have just been met with people giving one word answers, apparently just expecting you to understand based on that really vague answer, and just ignoring any posts you make after that if you don't understand. Some place a little more beginner friendly would be incredibly helpful if anyone has any recommendations.

Last edited:
Update: I found this video from Marco17_ok and I have a lot more questions that he seemed to skip over.

How does he get that sort of view with the 3 dimensions represented by a reference line? How do I change the angle and intensity of the light? How is he linking the 2D and 3D images together to where when he makes a change on one, it seems to automatically update on the other?

Also, is there a discord of some sort? I saw Marco17 linked his discord in another page, but the link doesn't work anymore. I'm trying to find some good chat channel for skinning help, but the few channels I've tried have just been met with people giving one word answers, apparently just expecting you to understand based on that really vague answer, and just ignoring any posts you make after that if you don't understand. Some place a little more beginner friendly would be incredibly helpful if anyone has any recommendations.

I haven't watched the video in your link, but if he does anything with 3D skinning in PS then that's more information than I've ever found. I can't really help with any of the finer points of the process of 3D painting.

Personally, I detest 3D skinning. At least with Photoshop, anyways. It's clunky and garbage, the link between 2D and 3D always breaks, and Adobe is discontinuing all 3D features in PS anyways. I only ever work in 2D (especially to make use of vector smart objects), except for the odd logo or something in a 3D template for a car that really needs it, but it's always like pulling teeth imo.

If a mod has a UV layout that basically requires you to skin in 3D because of a poor layout or extreme warping, I just don't bother. My hobby shouldn't be painful to do.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the video in your link, but if he does anything with 3D skinning in PS then that's more information than I've ever found. I can't really help with any of the finer points of the process of 3D painting.

Personally, I detest 3D skinning. At least with Photoshop, anyways. It's clunky and garbage, the link between 2D and 3D always breaks, and Adobe is discontinuing all 3D features in PS anyways. I only ever work in 2D (especially to make use of vector smart objects), except for the odd logo or something in a 3D template for a car that really needs it, but it's always like pulling teeth imo.

If a mod has a UV layout that basically requires you to skin in 3D because of a poor layout or extreme warping, I just don't bother. My hobby shouldn't be painful to do.
So, if I want to model my helmet design, I basically have to find out how to curve all the lines by hand so they all appear straight in the model? Or is there some sort of "line" setting in gimp or something that does it? Cause the idea of drawing a straight line by hand with a mouse is impossible for me, let alone drawing a curved line so it will appear straight in a different format...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes