Resource icon

Apps ACDynamicERS 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi you are right sorry

I have set the 2 keyboard keys for the MGU-K and it works like a charm!

The app does not save also the Overtake button correct?

I don't know if the systems allows you but, it would be great if we could save more maps. During a race the needs could be different so my idea could be to save for instance 3 maps like Pace / Attack / Recovery and switch it when necessary.

thank you very much for your support and for the apps

btw now you "can do 31".....an app to map the MGU-H :)

Last edited:
Hi met-ita

Just wondering if it is possible to assign a keyboard/wheel button to Start and Stop the app in game.

A feedback:
I have tried to use the app and twice went wrong. First time I don't know what happened after the Qualy, in Race the button start/stop was unavailable I tried to reload the configuration in game several time but nothing. At the end of the race I checked the file txt with the key points and were there.

Second time was my fault I was moving the app, when I left it was under another app and unfortunately I clicked on the start recording ...and I lost all the settings.

I am using the app intensively and losing data for a wrong click is very common. A lock on the recording button could be very useful.

The initial request if it is possible to assign a button to the Start / Stop is due to the fact that using the mouse in race is very complex.
If you need to recharge the battery, the only solution is to pause the app temporarily. To do this you need to move the mouse and then precisely click on the start / stop button. The solution to increase the recharge isn't sufficient when you need energy in a short time.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi met-ita

Just wondering if it is possible to assign a keyboard/wheel button to Start and Stop the app in game.

A feedback:
I have tried to use the app and twice went wrong. First time I don't know what happened after the Qualy, in Race the button start/stop was unavailable I tried to reload the configuration in game several time but nothing. At the end of the race I checked the file txt with the key points and were there.

Second time was my fault I was moving the app, when I left it was under another app and unfortunately I clicked on the start recording ...and I lost all the settings.

I am using the app intensively and losing data for a wrong click is very common. A lock on the recording button could be very useful.

The initial request if it is possible to assign a button to the Start / Stop is due to the fact that using the mouse in race is very complex.
If you need to recharge the battery, the only solution is to pause the app temporarily. To do this you need to move the mouse and then precisely click on the start / stop button. The solution to increase the recharge isn't sufficient when you need energy in a short time.

Thank you
hi, thanks for your feedback. if it happens that it doesn't work could you send me the logs please? For assigning a keyboard key to start or stop it shouldn't be too much trouble, I can try to do something

Yes, if it happens again, I hope not, I will send you the logs.

The issue with incorrect clicking on the Record / Stop Recording / Delete buttons has been solved removing them after taking the track points, yes I'm playing only with two buttons Reload and Start/Stop.

Solved also the Start/Stop using a macro software that allows to move the mouse and click on it in any place on the screen, pressing any key or buttons on the wheel. So I have placed the app and set the macro with Start/Stop button middle/center coordinates. It works well.

I see your app with this layout/functionality
-First row
3 small buttons + 1 Medium button
Rec/ Stop Rec/ Deleted>>Show/Hide

-Second row
3 medium buttons
Hotlap/Race/Charge
it should allows to charge 3 different file config.

-Third row
Start / Stop (button background Green when active /RED when manual)

maybe a dream?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes, if it happens again, I hope not, I will send you the logs.

The issue with incorrect clicking on the Record / Stop Recording / Delete buttons has been solved removing them after taking the track points, yes I'm playing only with two buttons Reload and Start/Stop.

Solved also the Start/Stop using a macro software that allows to move the mouse and click on it in any place on the screen, pressing any key or buttons on the wheel. So I have placed the app and set the macro with Start/Stop button middle/center coordinates. It works well.

I see your app with this layout/functionality
-First row
3 small buttons + 1 Medium button
Rec/ Stop Rec/ Deleted>>Show/Hide

-Second row
3 medium buttons
Hotlap/Race/Charge
it should allows to charge 3 different file config.

-Third row
Start / Stop (button background Green when active /RED when manual)

maybe a dream?

Cheers!
mmm no come on, it's quite feasible, when I have a little more time I can try to modify it.

thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
met-ita updated ACDynamicERS with a new update entry:

ACDynamic ERS v2

New version of ACDynamicERS. In this new version new other feautures have been introduced:

• App interface has been completely redesigned
  • In addition to saving the points of the mgu-delivery, it now also saves the points of the mgu-recovery
  • 3 maps have been created that can be interchanged even while racing without having to stop and reactivate the app
  • Now it is possible to control the start of the recording, the start of the app and the selection of the various maps...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi

I'm experiencing an issue with the app and (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface.
When the ACTI starts (green) it interferes with the map setup.
I have checked in the logs but I could not find any issue.
I tried to change the letters assigned without success.

Do you know what can cause the issue?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi
I've wrote a message also in the ACTI app.
Just a bit more context. Both apps work properly but when the ACTI runs the ERS map selected does not change or change randomly.
Looks like that the ACTI app resets or presses some letters while collecting/saving data.
If I have a setting
0#10#
1#0#
5#0#
and so on
only when the ACTI is green the map in game can be
1#5#
1#0#
0#10#

in addition to change the letters assigned I have also tried to remove the call for the ERS/Recovery in the ACTI .py but no luck.

I'm happy with your ERS app with no issue or albeit with some hiccup I like how it works in game.

The good thing about the other app that it can save the file with the Motec program that I started learning.

Have a nice weekend

Last edited:
Hi
I've wrote a message also in the ACTI app.
Just a bit more context. Both apps work properly but when the ACTI runs the ERS map selected does not change or change randomly.
Looks like that the ACTI app resets or presses some letters while collecting/saving data.
If I have a setting
0#10#
1#0#
5#0#
and so on
only when the ACTI is green the map in game can be
1#5#
1#0#
0#10#

in addition to change the letters assigned I have also tried to remove the call for the ERS/Recovery in the ACTI .py but no luck.

I'm happy with your ERS app with no issue or albeit with some hiccup I like how it works in game.

The good thing about the other app that it can save the file with the Motec program that I started learning.

Have a nice weekend
Hi, there is nothing strange in the logs?

Hi, there is nothing strange in the logs?
Hi sorry I could not check before.

I have both log/py_log (with and without the ACTI app) and and I don't see major differences but I'm not an expert. What can I check?
Can I sent the file in PM?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

What would be awesome, and din't found anything doing this yet, is making use of multi position switches on wheels to set some car Modes.
Ex: on fanatec formula v2.5 wheel, when settings encoders to pulse, assetto corsa see each position as a button.
So we could store 12 car settings, and set mps position to automatically change to these stored settings.
ex:
Pos1 : brake bias 55, engine brake 5, mguk delivery 50%, recovery 60%, mguh mode low
Pos2 : ... etc

We could then store some different settings / position for:
Outlap
Hotlap
Race pace
Race attack
etc

Do you think such an app would be possible ? reading a few codes, yours included, seems so, but would involve lot of work I guess.

Hi,

What would be awesome, and din't found anything doing this yet, is making use of multi position switches on wheels to set some car Modes.
Ex: on fanatec formula v2.5 wheel, when settings encoders to pulse, assetto corsa see each position as a button.
So we could store 12 car settings, and set mps position to automatically change to these stored settings.
ex:
Pos1 : brake bias 55, engine brake 5, mguk delivery 50%, recovery 60%, mguh mode low
Pos2 : ... etc

We could then store some different settings / position for:
Outlap
Hotlap
Race pace
Race attack
etc

Do you think such an app would be possible ? reading a few codes, yours included, seems so, but would involve lot of work I guess.
To be doable I think it is doable. My problem is that I don't have the hardware to then test the app. If by chance you want to give me a fanatec, I'll give you the address :p

Ahah nice try!
We can meet on discord or anywhere if you want me to get button codes or such initial data, then beta test it. I'm also python dev so I can deep into the code, but dunno AC enough code wise to do it alone. This would be just so amazing to have dude! A lot of drivers have at least one encoder on their wheel, so a "click to assign" per mode could do it. Also anyone one could map it to any button, one button for one mode, not only for encoders. Encoders are just several logic buttons on one physical one. For example in ac settings / controls when I change encoder pos it is different button numbers that light up on the right. So we could also map three stored settings to three different physical buttons in the exact same manner.

Last edited:
Ahah nice try!
We can meet on discord or anywhere if you want me to get button codes or such initial data, then beta test it. I'm also python dev so I can deep into the code, but dunno AC enough code wise to do it alone. This would be just so amazing to have dude! A lot of drivers have at least one encoder on their wheel, so a "click to assign" per mode could do it. Also anyone one could map it to any button, one button for one mode, not only for encoders. Encoders are just several logic buttons on one physical one. For example in ac settings / controls when I change encoder pos it is different button numbers that light up on the right. So we could also map three stored settings to three different physical buttons in the exact same manner.
Thinking about it now one encoder is mapped as 2 buttons. It activates one when every shot turning in one direction. The other is activated with each click by turning in the opposite direction.

Perhaps the most annoying thing to figure out would be how to read the state of the buttons. Usually pygame is used with python but I don't know how to use it and connect it automatically to the steering wheel.

One thing I came up with now would be to bind 2 keys to the keyboard with some applications (I think a user had already done something like this for this app), so it shouldn't overcomplicate the app. However sooner or later when I find some time I already had in mind to do a major rewrite of the app, perhaps merging this with ACDynamicBias

I saw simhub allow button mapping to virtual key stroke, even sequence of them. But you can't set absolute value then, just increment or decrement x times.

I also saw in your code that you make a loop to in/decrement value and read set value until it is the same.

I dunno if python can access what button is pressed in ac but in controls changing the encoder pos is exactly like pressing a button when encoder is set to pulse. For example, putting enc to pos 1 press button 34 on the right ui. Switch to pos2 and button 35 appear pressed once, etc for each pos. I can make a gif of that if you want.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back