ACC VR - The definitive VR Performance Guide

Hi,

I have been polishing ACC for VR, made a guide to help others out.
This guide is mostly for Valve Index, Vive and other SteamVR headsets, not tested with Oculus. However, if you find good results with any Oculus headset, let me know so we can update the guide.

Guide on Web

In this guide i will explain in detail how to get the most out of Assetto Corsa Competizione in terms of VR Performance

This guide is up to date with 1.8, as i am not 100% happy with the VR performance introduced in 1.8.

There will probably be updates to this guide after some long-term testing, since i am not perfectly satisfied with the performance yet. However, this guide should be a good pointer or baseline for anyone looking to improve their performance in VR significantly.

Last Update: 2022-11-17

Sections:

Last edited:
The guide is now updated for 1.8!

Although it's not perfect, it's very close to the performance i got in 1.7.

Let me know how it works for you and if i can help out with anything.

Do you mean OpenVR_FSR? Try removing it, if nothing works verify the game on Steam.

Sounds like you are doing something wrong though, never had that happen to me.

This guide is incredible. I've some experience in config my VR in variuous sims, but I never reached a good result as applying this setting.

I have a 2080+Oculus Rifts S, I think a quite common config for oculus users: I just set:
- the engine.ini as reported
- DLSS on quality and 100% sharpness
- VR Pixel Density: 150%

Thank you.

Last edited:
This guide is incredible. I've some experience in config my VR in variuous sims, but I never reached a good result as applying this setting.

I have a 2080+Oculus Rifts S, I think a quite common config for oculus users: I just set:
- the engine.ini as reported
- DLSS on quality and 100% sharpness
- VR Pixel Density: 150%

Thank you.
I'm happy you like it, let me know if you need any additional help.

so i've tried the guide, it makes the game run better. i've chosen to have 100% field of view. for the most part i stay @80 fps with some dips, when it gets too low ASW kicks in. i guess i have to blaim acc for being a blurry mess, looking in the distance it's real ugly..

thank you for sharing these good infos. here's my specs :

r7 3700x | 3060ti | 16gb Ram | Oculus Rift S

Hi,
Not VR user but just would like to know if there is advantage to disable game rendering as explained in this guide (Rendering section):

"This will disable the game rendering in both VR and on the PC screen (this will enable you to free up additional performance for VR)"

I notice more Fps with the setting "spectatorScreenMode": 0 ; quality seems the same, would you tell me a little bit more about that.

Thanks.

Hi,
Not VR user but just would like to know if there is advantage to disable game rendering as explained in this guide (Rendering section):

"This will disable the game rendering in both VR and on the PC screen (this will enable you to free up additional performance for VR)"

I notice more Fps with the setting "spectatorScreenMode": 0 ; quality seems the same, would you tell me a little bit more about that.

Thanks.
Hi,

No, that settings only applies for VR users, it disables the game rendering both on the screen and in the VR headset at the same time. It would not make any difference to normal pancake users.

Hi Guys, I have dropped frames every 10-20 seconds but only 75-80 % gpu and never 100% cpu. I have amd 5900X and rtx 3090, i am on 60 hz on my HP Reverb G2.
I dont know how to get rid of these dropped frames, it is very annoying for the immersion. Someone of you have any hints? i tried out lots of settings in ACC and in nvidia panel, nothing helps.
It even happes without opponents, only staying on street, moving head from left to right and back, and then, after some seconds, frame drop... nothing new to render, no new objects... i dont know why...
Some hints, why this dropped frames happen? is the fps-tool to slow to show the 100% gpu or are there some other reasons?
In old AC i dont have any dropped frames with even way higher resolution at stable 90 hz.

Last edited:
Im using AMD 6800XT, cant get a 3090 at the moment :(
I try to stay around 80% during "normal" race conditions, to have a little headroom for situations with more cars in tight corners/ headmovement wich produces always heavyer GPU load (like Spa before entering start straight).
I also set a minimum frequenzy for GPU near max in driver to avoid downclocking under less GPU load. Seems for me that this fast changes/ downclocks of the GPU produces more framespikes and also framedrops.

Hi hi, first, thank you! this has improved the fps by a lot. But with my G2 I’m getting an odd problem where the 2 rendered screens on each eye doesn’t overlap smoothly. So the center has double non overlapping image while the edges are fine. I ran AC1 and can confirm it’s only ACC having this issue. Do you have any tips on which setting may have caused this? Thanks!

Although I couldn’t really see, motion wise, I could tell the game was running much sharper and smoother than before.

5800x / 3070 / 16gb 3600hz

Last edited:
Hi hi, first, thank you! this has improved the fps by a lot. But with my G2 I’m getting an odd problem where the 2 rendered screens on each eye doesn’t overlap smoothly. So the center has double non overlapping image while the edges are fine. I ran AC1 and can confirm it’s only ACC having this issue. Do you have any tips on which setting may have caused this? Thanks!

Although I couldn’t really see, motion wise, I could tell the game was running much sharper and smoother than before.

5800x / 3070 / 16gb 3600hz
Skip the step in SteamVR where you decrease FOV, G2 has a bug with that feature. Only works for Vive and Index as far as i know right now.

Hello guys, why does ACC looks blurry and wash out over the distance compared to just AC with CSP? I can drive for hours on AC but my eyes get tired after minutes of ACC driving

Hello guys, why does ACC looks blurry and wash out over the distance compared to just AC with CSP? I can drive for hours on AC but my eyes get tired after minutes of ACC driving
Basically because it runs the game rendering well below the resolution of the headset and it makes the entire image soft which damages far objects with fewer pixels more than it does closer ones. But deeper under that is why hasn't Kunos really improved VR and its performance and look and the answer to that came in Aris's stream today where he blamed VR and its need for high resolution and users being unwilling to tweak things themselves. So you definitely guarantee while he is about its not getting fixed and at this point it definitely wont be. Alas the game just doesn't run if you put that resolution up. For the same resources ACC looks substantially worse than every other racing sim.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.7%