ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Doug,
very small bug in Settings UI. Tooltip on max CPU value is wrong. It's the one from broadcast retry.
ACC_tooltipbug.jpg

Hi, I really like the app, but there is major issue: it is not able to capture the last lap time you do when the session is already over.
I have been watching it for a while, as I often do my PB at the very end. The session time is already over and it just waits for the last drivers to finish their lap. This time never shows up in the statistics.
I run SimHub in parallel and the lap is recorded there.

The tooltips in the overlays section are also wrong:
WrongTooltips.png

Hi, I really like the app, but there is major issue: it is not able to capture the last lap time you do when the session is already over.
I have been watching it for a while, as I often do my PB at the very end. The session time is already over and it just waits for the last drivers to finish their lap. This time never shows up in the statistics.
I run SimHub in parallel and the lap is recorded there.

The tooltips in the overlays section are also wrong:
View attachment 534437
Can you give me a bit more detail about the issue. Where is the time not showing? Is it not showing on the Sessions, Circuits, Leaderboards or the Car/Track History pages, or on results summary dialog?

Or do you mean that you put in a lap after the chequered flag (when ACC says press escape or whatever to finish)? If you mean this, then this is probably something that won't be changing. It is tricky enough trying to determine when a new session starts or one finishes and the end of session is one such cue. I'm attempting to save a valid session record (where laps after the chequered flag would be discounted anyway).

Thanks for spotting the incorrect tooltips. They will be fixed in the next release.

Can you give me a bit more detail about the issue. Where is the time not showing? Is it not showing on the Sessions, Circuits, Leaderboards or the Car/Track History pages, or on results summary dialog?

Or do you mean that you put in a lap after the chequered flag (when ACC says press escape or whatever to finish)? If you mean this, then this is probably something that won't be changing. It is tricky enough trying to determine when a new session starts or one finishes and the end of session is one such cue. I'm attempting to save a valid session record (where laps after the chequered flag would be discounted anyway).

Thanks for spotting the incorrect tooltips. They will be fixed in the next release.
The lap time is not displayed in the session.
If a session lasts 30 minutes and you cross the start-finish line at 29 minutes and start another lap, the session will continue until you complete the lap or invalidate it before. This last lap is always missing for me.

The sceenshot shows the ACC Results Companion on the left and SimHub from the same session on the right. The green arrows show the matching lap times from the beginning to the end of the session. I don't know why SimHub starts counting at lap #2.
At the bottom, there is another time in SimHub (#29), which I achieved when the official session duration was over, but I had started the lap before it ended. This lap time is missing on the left.
LastLapMissing.png

The lap time is not displayed in the session.
If a session lasts 30 minutes and you cross the start-finish line at 29 minutes and start another lap, the session will continue until you complete the lap or invalidate it before. This last lap is always missing for me.

The sceenshot shows the ACC Results Companion on the left and SimHub from the same session on the right. The green arrows show the matching lap times from the beginning to the end of the session. I don't know why SimHub starts counting at lap #2.
At the bottom, there is another time in SimHub (#29), which I achieved when the official session duration was over, but I had started the lap before it ended. This lap time is missing on the left.
View attachment 534795
I can't reproduce this at the moment. Can you export the diagnostics (instructions here) and I'll see what is going on. Also, can you point me at which races had the problem

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.14.1

• Widget appearance shows all selected widgets rather than a test widget
  • Optimal time added to lap times widget
  • Race lap 1 no longer eligible for best lap (an attempt is made to adjust for ACC random offset, and this is not reliable)
  • Damage widget added
  • Only allow one instance of widget appearance dialog
  • All tooltips now wrap rather than being one long line
  • ARC CPU now reported to 1 decimal place
  • BUGFIX: CPU widget not initialised correctly until appearance...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion 1.14.1 Released
Another quick updates with a few bug fixes (described here). Also some changes with the widgets
Damage Overlay
This is only really to save a couple of button clicks on the MFD and some metal arithmetic. If selected, this widget is normally hidden but will become visible when any contact or accident is made, or damage is incurred.
1642955367642.png

The damage is split into aero (body) damage and suspension damage, This displays the repair time for each type of damage. Note for suspension, the maximum damage is 2 minutes (30 seconds per corner)
The Contacts counts the number of times damage occurs and counts collisions both with other cars and with barriers. Accidents is a count of the contacts with other cars in multiplayer only. Note, there is not necessarily a direct correlation between accidents and contacts. A single contact incurring damage may be with multiple cars for count as multiple accidents. In addition, it is possible to have a collision with another car that incurs no damage. Therefore this may be counted as an accident, but not as a contact.

Laps Overlay
1642955709973.png

Optimal lap is now included. This is the fastest potential lap based on the individual fastest sectors. If faster that the overall session best, this is displayed in the fastest colour (here purple)

In addition, it is clear that the estimated adjustment for race lap 1 (ACC added a large random time to sector 1) isn't reliable, so this will never be considered for best/optimal lap

Appearance Dialog
The test widget from the appearance dialog is no more. Instead. all selected widgets will be displayed in test mode. Change the appearance and move them around as desired. For the damage widget, you should definitely position it first from this dialog, as it is normally hidden (you don't want it popping up in an unwanted place)

Last edited:
Morning! I’ve returned to ACC after some time away and run an online race every Tuesday. Was hoping results companion would help capture the results for me but it doesn’t seem to update the main page or recognise any online/server led races - is that a known limitation or am I doing something wrong?

Morning! I’ve returned to ACC after some time away and run an online race every Tuesday. Was hoping results companion would help capture the results for me but it doesn’t seem to update the main page or recognise any online/server led races - is that a known limitation or am I doing something wrong?
Hi,
Just to check a few basics first. Have you set up the ACC broadcasting file? ARC attempts to do this for you if it isn't already set up in which case you get a dialog like this
1643130172697.png

If this doesn't allow you to save, or it keeps popping up, then there is likely permissions errors with the ACC config folder (I've seen this where the folder is on OneDrive but doesn't have the "Always download" setting.) In this case you'll need to create the broadcasting.json file in <Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione\config. It should look like this:

JSON:
{
  "updListenerPort": 9000,
  "connectionPassword": "asd",
  "commandPassword": ""
}

Then you should be good to go. Note, you can only record races you are participating in with the ACC client. At the moment, you can't record sessions you are spectating (although I'm working on something for this). If you just wanted to record races from your server (that you aren't always participating in) you could get ARC to monitor the ACC Server folder. If you press F1 within ARC, that will bring up the help file. Go to Settings->Folders->ACC Server Results and that should tell you how to do it.

If any of the above doesn't resolve this for you and you are still having problems, you can export diagnostics (instructions here) and I'll have a look to see if there are any problems

Hi Doug,
With the latest version (1.14.1) , very often a hotstint session appears twice in sessions result. One session is complete, the other showing only one lap, the last one. This evening, three out of four sessions comes with this extra session record.
Version 1.14.0 was ok (and didn't see it since a long time).
Could you check on your side if it happens ?

Hi Doug,
With the latest version (1.14.1) , very often a hotstint session appears twice in sessions result. One session is complete, the other showing only one lap, the last one. This evening, three out of four sessions comes with this extra session record.
Version 1.14.0 was ok (and didn't see it since a long time).
Could you check on your side if it happens ?
I've got an idea why that might be. I'm trying to support spectator sessions but I have to use an alternate method to detect and save sessions. This has probably caused some regression.

Can I ask you to export the diagnostics. This should help me to identify how to address this
Thanks

I've got an idea why that might be. I'm trying to support spectator sessions but I have to use an alternate method to detect and save sessions. This has probably caused some regression.

Can I ask you to export the diagnostics. This should help me to identify how to address this
Thanks
Diagnostic uploaded. FYI, I have deleted the 'extra' session but I think you will be able to get the content in backup json file.
UserId : oCuxtgetJEcGQss2enx3UhAXQKsyU95UI7BN8oZPOQU

edit: no sorry, seasonEntity json files are not in the diagnostic file.
If you need a complete 'double' session, tell me and I will redo it as soon as issue comes back.

Last edited:
If it could help you, I have a workflow that is generating the double session record.
After a first hotstint, I quit ACC and see correctly recorded session in ACC manager. But the footer still display the following "Hotstint PostSession RaceMode'
Then I restart ACC and do another hotstint then quit again.
Second hotstint is correctly recorded but from the previous hotstint, a new record is in the list, containing last lap of first hotstint. And footer still display "Hotstint PostSession RaceMode"

Last edited:
If it could help you, I have a workflow that is generating the double session record.
After a first hotstint, I quit ACC and see correctly recorded session in ACC manager. But the footer still display the following "Hotstint PostSession RaceMode'
Then I restart ACC and do another hotstint then quit again.
Second hotstint is correctly recorded but from the previous hotstint, a new record is in the list, containing last lap of first hotstint. And footer still display "Hotstint PostSession RaceMode"
Thanks for the information - that looks like it will help me to reproduce.

Just to explain what I can see so far. Your hotstint is saved when you finish. If you are not currently in a session according to shared memory, then ARC will still poll ACC on broadcast as you might have joined a multidriver race where you aren't the first driver. It looks like some residual information might be being picked up. I'll have to see if it is intermittent (in which case it is probably a timing issue and not everything has been cleaned up) or it can be reliably reproduced, in which case I just need to make sure everything is cleaned down properly.

I'll see if I can get some testing done at the weekend

Thanks for the information - that looks like it will help me to reproduce.

Just to explain what I can see so far. Your hotstint is saved when you finish. If you are not currently in a session according to shared memory, then ARC will still poll ACC on broadcast as you might have joined a multidriver race where you aren't the first driver. It looks like some residual information might be being picked up. I'll have to see if it is intermittent (in which case it is probably a timing issue and not everything has been cleaned up) or it can be reliably reproduced, in which case I just need to make sure everything is cleaned down properly.

I'll see if I can get some testing done at the weekend
@unpierrot - I think I found it. For hotstints particularly, when a connection is made to UDP, ACC will spit out the last lap, despite that session being over. I've just got to do some testing on a fix before releasing

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.