ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I, first able , thanks you for this app. I juste start to use it, but it looks great.

I have a question regarding tracks version (years) . It doesn't match. I've made session on 2020 track version (Silverstone and Brandhatch , Nurburgring) but app tell me it's 2019 version. IS it normal or my installation has some bug ?
Install with RD link some days ago and UP to date.

Thanks .

I, first able , thanks you for this app. I juste start to use it, but it looks great.

I have a question regarding tracks version (years) . It doesn't match. I've made session on 2020 track version (Silverstone and Brandhatch , Nurburgring) but app tell me it's 2019 version. IS it normal or my installation has some bug ?
Install with RD link some days ago and UP to date.

Thanks .

This is a limitation of the way ACC provides track information - it doesn't differentiate on any of the interfaces. The manual workaround if you want to correctly categorise tracks, can be found here

@Doug Duthie - love the search ability Demo. Too bad it’s tainted by my bad driving skills :confused:

Couple of things - did you see my question here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/post-3328228

The other thing was would it be difficult or perhaps cause performance issues if we could add drivers to our teams straight from the sessions page, rather than the leaderboard? When I race with a group, everyone is already in the session data, whereas the leaderboard I have to recall who was there and then look for them.

@Doug Duthie - love the search ability Demo. Too bad it’s tainted by my bad driving skills :confused:

Couple of things - did you see my question here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/post-3328228

The other thing was would it be difficult or perhaps cause performance issues if we could add drivers to our teams straight from the sessions page, rather than the leaderboard? When I race with a group, everyone is already in the session data, whereas the leaderboard I have to recall who was there and then look for them.

Yes - sorry forgot to reply. Yes, I can add a reset to default button.

I think I have all the required info on the sessions page, so that should be possible too

K4NKO_MLzHIDJPqrjmM6SG1tbMBzlS0_L4Y4EF6o0cY

It looks like the ACC broadcasting port has either been set back to 0 or the file has either been removed or is inaccessible

Can you check the file

C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json

Normally ARC should allow you to set it up on startup if it isn't configured

dcK1YBE.png

If you don't get that dialog, or it is fails to save, edit the file C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json (or create it if it doesn't exist) and populate with the following contents:

JSON:
{
    "updListenerPort": 9000,
    "connectionPassword": "asd",
    "commandPassword": ""
}

Finally, I notice that ARC and ACC data files are on OneDrive. Make sure the folders (C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione and C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\DocumentsACCResults) are marked as "Always keep on this device" otherwise ARC may have trouble accessing the files

It looks like the ACC broadcasting port has either been set back to 0 or the file has either been removed or is inaccessible

Can you check the file

C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json

Normally ARC should allow you to set it up on startup if it isn't configured

dcK1YBE.png

If you don't get that dialog, or it is fails to save, edit the file C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json (or create it if it doesn't exist) and populate with the following contents:

JSON:
{
    "updListenerPort": 9000,
    "connectionPassword": "asd",
    "commandPassword": ""
}

Finally, I notice that ARC and ACC data files are on OneDrive. Make sure the folders (C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione and C:\Users\mrnod\OneDrive\DocumentsACCResults) are marked as "Always keep on this device" otherwise ARC may have trouble accessing the files

Thank you, i have no issues anymore. You are the best :)

To be honest, I'm not really sure - I've never been in a position to test races with driver changes, or very long events.

There might be an issue not recording the first driver(s) if you are not driving first. Historically, it was difficult to tell when races started, so I only started recording after I saw the player had completed the first lap. I might play around at the weekend to see if I can get away without it (so you can "spectate" the first stint).

I'm not entirely sure how the different drivers will be presented. There's a workaround for single player that substitutes the player name for the virtual driver(s) - this might get in the way.

Finally, nothing is written until the end of the race - for a 24 hour race, that will be a significant amount of data - for a field of 50 cars at Silverstone, that will be around 36,000 laps in total to store - probably around 20MB. I'm not sure if this will create problems as I've never tested this scenario before.

However, I've be very keen for you to upload the diagnostics after you complete the race so that I can see how the raw data is presented to allow me to improve this area.

@Doug Duthie First of all, thank you so much to add now the "real" driver of a team to the overview! Really appreciate this enhancement! This helps, although ACC still does have the limitation during the individual race weekend to allow only 3 drivers, independent if the real team does have 4 drivers.

As the next step we will setup the 24h race and send you afterwards the log file. Due to the pandemic restrictions I expect this race to be happen end of Feb first.....

Last edited:
ACC Results Companion V1.10.0 Released (here) (1/3)

Headlines:

New League/Championship page

The leagues pages allows you to categorise sessions in order to filter them on the Sessions page (perhaps for online leagues) or to create a custom

1611392940471.png

Click New to clear the selection and enter details of the league name and description.
1611392973509.png

Click Save once done.

FieldDescription
NameThe name used in the filter drop down
DescriptionA longer description of the league, if required
Type
  • Dynamic - For online leagues. Any race may be added
  • Custom Championship - A championship can be created with pre-defined events
Default Race TypeThe default scoring mechanism to be used for events in the league

Dynamic Leagues
All that is required for a dynamic league is to create the league definition (Dynamic) above.

On the sessions page, any session may be added to any active Dynamic league
1611393103563.png

Sessions may now be filtered by the league they are part of
1611393160850.png

1611393173789.png

ACC Results Companion V1.10.0 Released (2/3)

Custom Championship

A league may be created as a Custom Championship Type.

The events in a custom championship must be defined before a matching session can be added
1611393299838.png

Sessions may be linked, by right clicking a matching session
1611393324303.png

As well as active Dynamic leagues, you can add to active Custom Championships that match the track, session type and duration.

The session will now be included in the championship and the points and standings updated
1611393344652.png

Note that different race types may have different scoring methods, with sub-types again having further refinements (eg Spa 24 Hrs within the Endurance championship adds points for leaders at 1/4 and 1/2 distance etc)

Session Columns
ColumnDescription
CompleteTicked if the event is linked to a session
#Number of the event. Events can be dragged and dropped to re-order
Race #(Optional) race number. If you have more than one race as part of a race weekend
TrackTrack name (and year)
DurationDuration in hours and minutes
SessionSession type
OnlineWhether single player, multiplayer or server results
PositionFinal position (for races)
Date completedTimestamp of race
Race TypePoints scoring applied to the race
Race sub typePoints scoring applied to the race
PointsPoints awarded to the player
Start positionStarting position (if known). This is taken from the start of the race (not qualifying). there are some circumstances where the start position is not known, in which case it is taken from the end of the first lap. Some race types may give the pole start points
Position (1/4 distance)Position at roughly 1/4 distance. Some race types give the leader points
Position (1/2 distance)Position at roughly 1/4 distance. Some race types give the leader points

Standing Columns
ColumnDescription
DriverName of driver. It will be colour coded with their category (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum)
PositionPosition in league/championship. This will be colour coded according to their cup category (assuming they race in the same category for all races)
PointsTotal points in the league
#P1 - #P10Number of times finished in position 1 - 10
x PositionAverage finishing position
# RacesNumber of races completed

Filters
The final standings may be filtered on Car Class, Cup Category and Driver Category, with the positions adjusted accordingly

ACC Results Companion V1.10.0 Released (3/3)

Leaderboard Driver Filter
The driver search lets you quick find another driver

1611393605088.png

Just start typing in any part of the name and it will filter as it goes (retaining whatever other filters you have in place)

For example supposing I want to find times from Jacky Harris (partly because he's a frequent poster here and partly because starting to type in his surname bring up a long of results so illustrates this quite nicely.

I type in "ha"
1611393913158.png

A lot of results, but not what i'm looking for. Continue to type "harr" and we have what be are looking for

1611394081013.png

Note, the positions are retained. Here I have no filters. If you have a filter, it will retain the rank in that filter
1611394254749.png

Rebuild result statistics button
If you find the result statistics are incomplete, the Rebuild button should generate them all
1611394346451.png

Updated Help
The help has been updated with some of these new features. To access the help, press F1

I'll be adding to the help over the next releases

Finally, thanks to all those who have donated recently. Your support is greatly appreciated

Happy racing

That league tab is fantastic!

Our league is small and fairly casual but not having to manually record our event history is really a delightful feature to have. Thank you!

Last edited:
Doug, in the league tab, top panel, the “Complete” checkbox is ticked - is there a way to untick that or is that just an informational UI thing?

Complete means that a session is linked to a league or championship event.

To remove it/clear it:
  • If it is a Dynamic league, right click and delete event, which will completely remove the event
  • If a Custom Championship, right click and Unlink Session - the session will be disconnected from the league event and complete checkbox will be cleared

Importing session for other user

I've been asked this question elsewhere, so I thought it best to put up here in case it is useful to others:

"I missed recording a session with ARC, but a friend had recorded the session. Is there a way to import it into my ARC"

Firstly, get your friend to Export Session Backup
nOOKahr.png

This will create a backup zip file to <Documents>\ACCResults\Export - it will look something like Backup_377D6A4AAB7D97B32C5BDD65F59757BA.zip

Get them to send this to you

Place in your <Documents>\ACCResults\ folder. Unzip the file. If using something like 7-zip, use Extract Here and it will put files in the correct folders. Some other zip programs, put the contents in their own folder. Basically the contents are

- Backup
|-Config
|-Results

These should go in the corresponding folders in <Documents>\ACCResults\

Now, on the backups page, press the Refresh button and you should see the session you are interested in

LJmV27c.png

It will have the track, session type and date of the race, but will have your friend's car. Right click and select replay

On the sessions page, the session will be visible. The car will be listed as Unknown. The Player Car view will be empty (it doesn't know who the player is) but All Cars and Final Standings will be populated
uickLzl.png

Now, you need to tell ARC which car you were in. Right click and select Fix Session
b71w6mE.png

Suppose I was Axel Phowley (the insanely fast driver in that race). Pick your race number (147 in this case)
uzZdUe6.png

Press ok, and the session should be updated
ZyoMQfN.png

ACC Results Companion V1.10.0 Released (4/3 !)

I forgot something crucial:

SP Race Results Enriched
Up until now, SP races have been the odd one out it that they have only taken information from the results file and from shared memory. This was in order to support resumed races, which wouldn't be possible just using broadcast.

Now with 1.10.0, ARC records SP Races from both file and Broadcast. At the end of the race, these sessions are matched, the session derived from file is enriched with broadcast information and the broadcast session is removed. Extra information will be

- start position
- Position changes (overall and by lap)
- Ambient temperature
- Lap type (in/out/regular)
- Driver category
- Cup category
- Driver Nationality

A side effect is that you will briefly see 2 sessions at the end of the race until they are matched.

If a race is completed in many sessions (ie you run the race for a period, save then come back later and resume the race) you will end up with
  • One session recorded the entire race - only the last period will be enriched with broadcast info, the first period(s) will just have the basic information
  • For the first incomplete period(s), you will just have the incomplete broadcast sessions
Unfortunately, this is a compromise I need to have as there is no reliable way of matching earlier sessions

Known issues
  • Brake bias not yet enriched

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play