ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Doug, so if i try to install the software it tells me an older version is already installed. ive gone through the app download history and can by trying to install them find out ones that say a newer version is installed or and older one. the version that it thinks is installed is 1.5.17, when i try to reinstall that version it tells me "the configuration data for this product is corrupt"

Yes....Windows stores installation information in the registry and occasionally does get corrupt As far as I can tell, the main key used to determine if an app is installed is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\. It looks like the ID for 1.5.17 is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\F2FF782BEC3401146A4AF4D57101BD65. Check if this key is in the registry and what it contains.

1602172715040.png

If you find this key in the registry, export it (as a backup) and delete it. Open Add/Remove Programs to see if ACC Results Companion has gone.

If you can find the key, look through all the keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products (this will be laborious if you have lots of apps installed though). Look for any partially complete keys (they should all have roughly the same tags)

If that does not sort it you might need to try to fix the registry. Microsoft has a basic tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...the-windows-registry-checker-tool-scanreg-exe) to clean up the registry. There's also a number of 3rd party tools out there that might be a bit more thorough

Doug, sorry to belabour this but regarding hosted server race results, you mentioned copying files from the server. Two questions come to mind:

1. Would I merely be copying the results.json file? Is nothing more needed? If that’s the file, what do I do to import it into ARC? Start arc and make sure the file is in the server folder as specified in your program? ARC would not know it’s looking at a local file and not the actual remote server? In this case does ACC even need to be running?

2. If I’m participating in the race, ARC would be getting information directly on my own computer. Does that mean that above is superfluous as it would gather all the data from my own live session?

Last edited:
Doug, sorry to belabour this but regarding hosted server race results, you mentioned copying files from the server. Two questions come to mind:

1. Would I merely be copying the results.json file? Is nothing more needed? If that’s the file, what do I do to import it into ARC? Start arc and make sure the file is in the server folder as specified in your program? ARC would not know it’s looking at a local file and not the actual remote server? In this case does ACC even need to be running?

2. If I’m participating in the race, ARC would be getting information directly on my own computer. Does that mean that above is superfluous as it would gather all the data from my own live session?

1. Copying the results json file is enough. There are two modes that new files are detected

1602188855723.png

If Scan Server Results on startup is selected, every file in the server results folder is scanned to see if it has already been processed. Any files that hasn't been processed will then be loaded. If there are a large number of files this can take a while, so ideally this would only be done one time and then switched off.

When ARC is running, it monitors file change events on the server results folder - any new/changed file will automatically be processed.

2. Yes, if you are participating in the race that you are going to get the server results for, then the session would be recorded twice so it would be superfluous. There are slight differences though
  • Server results provide gives penalties and takes applies post race penalties, which may affect positions
    • Penalties still aren't reported for client side provided from UDP interface
  • UDP sessions can report on accidents, track condition, tyre selection/condition, damage and fuel (for player car), nationality, positions gained/lost and lap type (regular, in lap, out lap),
    • Server results have no information for this
  • There are some reported differences
    • There appears to be a difference in tolerance on reporting invalid laps. UDP will report a lap as invalid if you stray beyond track limits. I'm told server results are a bit more lenient - perhaps only when you get a warning
    • Server results report the theoretical gap (estimated time to get to to where car ahead currently is). For UDP, I report the real gap (the time difference between cars crossing the line)
I must remember to put all this in the help file.

Note..you can always delete duplicate sessions after they are recorded

Wow what a superbly detailed reply! Thank you very much.

I tried the copy server results file approach and it worked perfectly.

I noticed that for the first time since starting to use your tool, I had penalties appear in the little skull (?) column - so the differences you remarked on are evident. This is terrificly handy!

Would it be worthwhile to combine the two information streams ( server and player) in ARC in some manner, as that would give an incredibly rich overview of a race? I suppose it would require some sanity check as to how to deal with one, the other or both files being present. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Wow what a superbly detailed reply! Thank you very much.

I tried the copy server results file approach and it worked perfectly.

I noticed that for the first time since starting to use your tool, I had penalties appear in the little skull (?) column - so the differences you remarked on are evident. This is terrificly handy!

Would it be worthwhile to combine the two information streams ( server and player) in ARC in some manner, as that would give an incredibly rich overview of a race? I suppose it would require some sanity check as to how to deal with one, the other or both files being present. Just an idea.

That is something I've considered to get the best of both worlds. The main issue is reliably matching server and local results (without being a big drain on resources). I've got a few ideas how I might approach this though, so it might be something for a future release

Great addon !

Would love to see two things:

* minimize in the systray as simhub
* manage multiple profiles

On the last one I think I am not the only in this kind of case: I play with my son and I have no way to compare our results.

Great addon !

Would love to see two things:

* minimize in the systray as simhub
* manage multiple profiles

On the last one I think I am not the only in this kind of case: I play with my son and I have no way to compare our results.
In reverse order:-
  • Probably not what you are after, but you could do this with different Windows users - ARC would set up each user with a separate database. However, if you use the same Windows users, then separate ARC profiles will be coming along in the not too distant future
  • ARC does go the the tray at the moment. You can start with Windows
1602869974922.png

it creates an icon in the tray and you can decide if the UI is visible or not

1602870013797.png

@Doug Duthie love the software! Was wondering if it is somehow possible to share the leaderboard statistics online. Would be nice to have an easy way for users to compare lap times on our practice server (like ptracker for AC). Mighty have been asked before but couldn't find it.

ACC Results Companion 1.7.3 Released

The update can either be directly downloaded from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download, or the next time to start ACC Results Companion it will automatically detect a new version (to install, press the Install Latest Update button on the top right of the form.

This is a small update but is paving the way for a few things I'm planning in 1.8 and will help me check how things are working before I release.

ECU Modes Updated
The list of modes with stats is now as follows
  • Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (V12)
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3
  • Audi R8 EVO
  • Audi R8 LMS GT3
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015)
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018)
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Honda NSX GT3
  • Honda NSX GT3 EVO
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO
  • Lexus RC F GT3 (new)
  • McLaren 650S GT3 (new)
  • McLaren 720S GT3
  • Mercedes AMG GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018)
  • Porsche 991 GT3 (new)
Only 2 to go now.

Also, ECU modes 9/10 have been corrected for both Porsches

Wind Speed/Direction
Basically, because I'm an idiot! I couldn't work out why I couldn't get consistent top speeds (sometimes with a 30 Km/h variance) recorded and sometimes my breaking points were massively different. After spending far too much time checking my pedals and looking for software conflicts, someone pointed out that I was probably running with dynamic weather and the wind was messing with my testing.

Anyway, there is now an average wind speed/direction for both lap and session. Direction is points of the compass - I'm not convinced I'm getting recording the data for this yet, but the main focus is to get the speed. I'll do some testing on direction when I get time.

Finally, after just over a year (!), the Reiter finally gets spelt correctly. Maybe that's a reflection of how often it is driven

Last edited:
I think something is going wrong with 1.7.3. Circuits tab display only result for few cars. Example Misano where only 11 GT3 cars are displayed where it was 22 previously.
No error spotted in logs during the first launch after update.

edit : GT4 results seems to be the same than previously.
seems only GT3 results are impacted and for all tracks.

edit2: reverted to 1.7.2 and everything is back. FYI, I didn't revert user database, only uninstall and reinstall ACR.
Obviously I will also revert database user now because I don't think 1.7.2 will work well with 1.7.3 database.

Last edited:
I think something is going wrong with 1.7.3. Circuits tab display only result for few cars. Example Misano where only 11 GT3 cars are displayed where it was 22 previously.
No error spotted in logs during the first launch after update.

edit : GT4 results seems to be the same than previously.
seems only GT3 results are impacted and for all tracks.

edit2: reverted to 1.7.2 and everything is back. FYI, I didn't revert user database, only uninstall and reinstall ACR.
Obviously I will also revert database user now because I don't think 1.7.2 will work well with 1.7.3 database.

Sorry - my mistake. It is excluding older records (where a particular field wasn't populated) for a new sub-query I've added. There's no data lost, but i'll push an update in the morning and the older records will be visible

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%