ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Update: Ran another hotlap session, different car, same unknown car with 0 times.
Seems like a nice idea, but if it doesn't work reliably at V1.6.5 then I'm not sure it will. Must be something fundamental wrong with the session link imo. I've uninstalled, maybe try again some other time.

Update: Ran another hotlap session, different car, same unknown car with 0 times.
Seems like a nice idea, but if it doesn't work reliably at V1.6.5 then I'm not sure it will. Must be something fundamental wrong with the session link imo. I've uninstalled, maybe try again some other time.

Sorry to hear you've given up on it. I am keen to sort out all reliability issues. If you have the patience, can you zip up the folder <My Documents>\ACCResults and send it to me (or rename the zip to something.txt and post here), then I can have a look

Here you go.
If you sort it out I'll give it another shot. The lap timing in ACC isn't very user friendly so your app is potentially very useful. As a dev myself I know how hard it can be to fix gnarly bugs though too.

Attachments

• ACCResults.zip.txt
    60.6 KB · Views: 62
Here you go.
If you sort it out I'll give it another shot. The lap timing in ACC isn't very user friendly so your app is potentially very useful. As a dev myself I know how hard it can be to fix gnarly bugs though too.

It looks like the issue is that the broadcast retry interval is zero, so it never retries a connection. I thought I had defaulted this to 10 (but clearly not :() - Now I understand the broadcast interface a bit better, I might get right of this setting and force it.

Set Broadcast retry time to 10 on the settings page and it should fix it

1594357804213.png

One thing I notice, is the reference in the diagnostics to :

"E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Maps\ACCCarDetails.cs"

Attachments

• Diagnostics_2020-07-15_220406.txt
    692.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Deleted member 1053025

Hi, Doug!
With the 1.5 ACC update and the GT4 DLC, I am having unknown car error when I drive the GT4s. Other data seems to be recorded normaly. ARC is the latest v 1.6.5, happens both in SP and MP sessions.

Also, when clicked on a GT4cars (unknown car) session in ARC, the session takes way longer to load laptimes than usual with GT3s.

I attached 2 diag files.
On a brighter side, your app is one of the reasons that keeps me investing in ACC.
Regards!

Attachments

• Diagnostics_2020-07-16_101223.txt
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • Diagnostics_2020-07-16_101312.txt
    2 MB · Views: 50
Hi, Doug!
With the 1.5 ACC update and the GT4 DLC, I am having unknown car error when I drive the GT4s. Other data seems to be recorded normaly. ARC is the latest v 1.6.5, happens both in SP and MP sessions.

Also, when clicked on a GT4cars (unknown car) session in ARC, the session takes way longer to load laptimes than usual with GT3s.

I attached 2 diag files.
On a brighter side, your app is one of the reasons that keeps me investing in ACC.
Regards!

Doug warn us that It's not yet fully updated for GT4 DLC

Hi, Doug!

I attached 2 diag files.
Regards!

I'm away at the moment, so can't test the DLC at the moment (Kunos didn't release the GT4 car IDs early, so I couldn't prepare the app). I hope to be able to prepare an update this weekend

@TinMan_JB ,
You're diagnostics will help me prepare early. Most things will work. It looks like I've still to sort out the leaderboard and result stats to include the GT4 cars. When I issue the update, the cars from your previous GT4 sessions will be recognised
1594896129248.png

BTW, can you change the Broadcast retry time (setting page) to 10 - it looks like one of your sessions failed to connect.

I'll make this the default going forward

• Deleted member 1053025

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to thin new update.
Regards, Jure

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.6.6

• Full GT4 DLC support
  • Class filters (GT3, GT4 etc) added
  • Minimum broadcast retry time enforced
  • Handle ACC disconnecting from Broadcast UDP, and schedule retry
  • DB writes now serialised in separate task
  • Diagnostics to reconcile laptimes
  • BUGFIX: Laps in wet sessions not enriched with tyre pressures etc
  • BUGFIX: Leaderboards for server results show only one record

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V1.6.6 Released

Headline features:-

Full GT4 Support
GT4 cars now have their Kunos coded added, so should now be recognised. Any session run since Wednesday with GT4 cars should now be updated with the correct car description (replacing "Unknown car")

Filters have been added to several of the screens to limit results by car class (GT3/GT4/Cup/ST) so things like leaderboards and circuit records aren't skewed by cars in a different class.

1595142629098.png

All graphics from he cars are now taken from the game.

Asynchronous database writes
While not a functional change, this is probably worth mentioning as things may appear slightly differently. I use a lightweight database that doesn't support concurrent writes. With the restructuring of the UI, different threads now need to update the database. With this release, DB writes are now handed off to a specific task which can serialise them in a queue to eliminate any attempt to do concurrent writes. The main visual effect will be that some screens may take a second or two to update (without locking up the UI). Other than that, everything should be the same

Known Issues/Omissions
Broadcast connection not successful

While testing and frequently stopping & starting the app, I noticed that somethings the broadcast session will fail, even on retry. I think this is when the broadcast thread doesn't close properly and ties up resources in ACC. I'm not sure if this is just because I was debugging and not closing the app properly, or if it is possible in normal use.

If you get this (frequent red errors in the log retrying the Broadcast connection and never successful at the start of a session), close the app and check in Task Manager if there are any ACCResults.exe processes running. If so kill them.

Following this release, I'll look into this further.

Real recorded for GT4 (and Cup/ST)
Currently, the real life records for comparisons are just for GT3s. I need to research the records for the other classes and add these in a later release

Fuel Usage - based on number of laps
The fuel usage screen has a field which was intended to be the number of laps the stats were based upon (so you can judge the level of confidence in the data). However, due to the nested query, this isn't actually the number of laps anymore as the laps are counted several times. I'll look to resolve this in the future.

Result Stats - class filter
There isn't yet a filter for GT4 in this screen. I'll look to add this at a later date

--------
As always, if you enjoy this app and want to support its development, click the Donate button within the app. Many thanks to those who have already donated.

Happy racing

Hey Doug!

Thanks for the continuous hard work on the app.

I ran into an issue (twice now) and was wondering if it's something on my end or a glitch.

Running the ACC on the background after a full P/Q/R session, I am missing quite a few drivers from the final results. Also seems kind of random.

However, if I pull the files from the "results" folder in the server, everything seems ok without a problem. It happened on both Q and R.

I could upload the files if you'd guide me which ones you'd like for you to take a look at if it's something you could do.

Appreciate it up front!

Hey Doug!

Thanks for the continuous hard work on the app.

I ran into an issue (twice now) and was wondering if it's something on my end or a glitch.

Running the ACC on the background after a full P/Q/R session, I am missing quite a few drivers from the final results. Also seems kind of random.

However, if I pull the files from the "results" folder in the server, everything seems ok without a problem. It happened on both Q and R.

I could upload the files if you'd guide me which ones you'd like for you to take a look at if it's something you could do.

Appreciate it up front!

Hi Rafael,
Can you get me the full diagnostics (right click anywhere in the session area and select Export Diagnostics). Rename the zip created to a file type of txt and then you should be able to post here. Also, can you supply the matching server results
Thanks

Hi Rafael,
Can you get me the full diagnostics (right click anywhere in the session area and select Export Diagnostics). Rename the zip created to a file type of txt and then you should be able to post here. Also, can you supply the matching server results
Thanks

Hi Doug,

I've attached both files. Same session, 1 from my PC and the other from the server.

Attachments

• Diagnostics_2020-07-22_000427.txt
    909.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Diagnostics_2020-07-22_000433.txt
    909.3 KB · Views: 56

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes