ACC: Multiplayer Fixes on Route - Online Servers Down

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos confirm multiplayer fixes are on the way, online servers temporarily disabled.

Assetto Corsa Competizione release three brought plenty of new goodies, including a very basic first pass at multiplayer, however it seems like some unintended problems have arisen that has led Kunos Simulazioni to remove server access until the end of the coming weekend.

As can be expected with such a sizable new build, on a game engine brand new to the development team, these sorts of issues can very easily arise and cause more issues than initially expected. What is good news is that Kunos have acknowledged the issues, and appear to be hard at work making the appropriate adjustments to the title as they strive to achieve a more stable and performance friendly build version.

ACC.jpg

You can check out the full statement from Kunos below:

Dear ACC racers, we're looking after you...

We finally released the 0.3 release of our Steam Early Access programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione on schedule, including the Practice Session in Multiplayer mode, which allows us to stress test our systems as a first step of the multiplayer experience we are building.

You can probably imagine how much stability difference there is when moving from a reasonable amount of beta testers to thousands of simultaneous players: nothing unexpected on our side.

Here at KUNOS, developers have been working on the server backend since the night of the release, and we would like to ask for your patience regarding some global server downtime until the end of the weekend, while we will keep tuning the system to give more stability for your Multiplayer racing experience.

Online multiplayer is expected to return to the title from next week, however please be prepared for further delays if the studio believe it necessary in order to get to the bottom of the current issues.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

My opinion on ACC:
It is not a true simulation, no game will ever be able to simulate driving a car, but ACC won't even come close to it. It's a game. Nothing more nothing less. It's made for the mass market so that means it can't be too realistic or people will whine about it being too hard. Also, IMO, the game looks like ****. Way to much reflections everywhere and other overdone stuff.
This is my opinion and if you don't agree then that is fine.

Name one game that isn't made for mass market !

Whiners will always be whiners !

Mass market definitelly is a threat for simulation, even AC is a threat to ACC in a way.

I am not saying that simulation titles shouldn't try to be popular. But there is certainly some truth that reality is challenging and masses might want to "escape" reality, which is very ironical for simulators.

• Deleted member 151827

What's happening exactly that's not working? I've been using my CSW v2.5 with Mclaren rim + CS v3i pedals since release 1 without any issue. I did notice that my brake mapping switch isn't working (worked in previous releases) but I haven't been bothered to check what's wrong.
Hey. When i try to save my settings it goes to a confirm window that will neither let me confirm or cancel. I have to cad out of the game.

Hey. When i try to save my settings it goes to a confirm window that will neither let me confirm or cancel. I have to cad out of the game.

Hmmm not sure why that's happening...but there are some random glitches here and there in the game. Personally, I haven't traditionally saved any control settings since release 2 (the game remembers them for next time, so I haven't had the need to). Maybe head over to assettocorsa.net and make a report if you can't get it resolved...sorry I'm not much more help.

So I discovered two things tonight that I found very interesting (forgive me if someone else shared this already):

1) There's finally a sim that supports the 12 position rotary switches on the Fanatec Mclaren GT3 (at least, in the way they were intended)...and it's ACC! I mapped mine to TC and ABS and they work perfectly...no workarounds or anything! If you go to higher settings that the car doesn't have (example: you go to position 9 and higher but the car only has 8 ABS settings), it turns the TC or ABS off. So...yayy Kunos :thumbsup:...My exact steps (just in case it doesn't work properly for everyone):

1. Set your rotary switch of choice to position 5
  2. Select "Decrease ABS" or "Decrease TC" to assign the control
  3. Move the rotary to positon 4. This should assign position 5 to that function.
  4. Move the rotary now to position 7
  5. Select "Increase ABS" or "Increase TC" to assign the control
  6. Move the rotary to positon 8. This should assign position 7 to that function.
  7. Rinse and repeat for the other rotary switch.

Now, I thought it wasn't supported initially, so I was programming a workaround where I'd just keep it in position 6 and just move it to 7 temporarily and back to 6 to increase ABS (and to 5 and back to decrease ABS)...but the ABS in game kept following the actual positions on my wheel. My method may not be required, but that's how I got it working.

2) There's a way to reduce (not eliminate) that weird ghosting effect that happens next to moving cars when using TAA. Apparently people have used it in PUBG (another UE4 game) to reduce the same effect...apparently it exists in all UE4 games and TAA is the only possible AA in UE4 besides FXAA. Here are the steps:
  1. Enable hidden files in whatever version of windows you're on
  2. Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
  3. Open "engine.ini" (make sure ACC is closed and make a backup of this file before editing)
  4. Insert the following text at the end and save:
    [ConsoleVariables]
    r.TemporalAASamples=8
    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
You could also try r.TemporalAASamples=4 and r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2 instead as they work well too. The ghosting will still be there but almost transparent compared to the standard setting (helps to clean up the virtual mirrors and overall AA quality too IMO). I didn't perceive any great loss/gain in performance (8700K, RTX 2080, 16GB RAM) but your mileage may vary.

• Deleted member 241736

Right, so they spend time and money implementing modding instead of working on the game proper to 'save' it?

:O_o:
think twice, the costumer crowd isn‘t as much as F1. The game alone won‘t be bought because of Blancpain. Kunos must addon something special to make ACC attractive for the orher simmer guys. I suggested moddability

It wasn't that part that was insulting.
The other part was about using cheap wheel in order to make a judgment.
Perhaps it was not clear but i have a T500RS a T300RS and now a small DD wheel and i will not use my T500 to make any judgment or assumption about any game's ffb.
I still can't see insult there.

• Deleted member 151827

Probably obvious but you have typed a profile name for the controller settings before trying to save it right?
I did. I just named it Fanatec. I'm sure the game will come around. I'm a huge fan of this type of racing so i can wait. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.3%