News ACC GT3 Series - Monday Nights

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
gt3.jpg

Our first WCE series was a great success with some incredible racing throughout the field. Now the summer heat is subsiding let’s get back at it! This time we’re throwing in a few visits to tracks outside of Europe and a couple of dedicated wet races to spice things up.

Drivers of all skill levels and experience are welcome - we just ask you read our easy to understand rules and practice beforehand if you aren't familiar with some of the circuits.

This is a casual series where the emphasis is on good clean racing that we can all enjoy.

Timetable
Monday evenings starting at 20:20 GMT / 20:20 UTC / 21:20 CET
Practice: 30 mins | Qualifying: 15mins | Race: 50mins

Details
  • Points on offer from 1st - 12th
  • Short formation lap
  • Mandatory pit stop for full tyre change (fuel optional)
  • No pit window, you decided when to stop
  • Entries limited to 35 to ensure sensible grid sizes - grab your spot now!
  • Best 6 results count at the end of the series so you can miss 2 races and still do well
Rules and event info
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: You don't have to use discord but if you like to chat join on the #Assetto Corsa Competizione voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and synchronize your premium account.

How To Join
The series can be found HERE

*You will need to do this for each individual event*

Server goes live around 20:23 BST on race day for practice.

Any questions please feel free to PM me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I will be planning on posting a "briefing" for each race detailing predicted temperatures and any other notes that might come in handy. Looking forward to some great action again, we had a superb bunch of regular drivers in our last series.

Just to confirm the password to sign up to an event is esports. The server password will be rdclub. I initially had the passwords listed the wrong way round - now corrected. Thanks to Rob for making me aware :D

Last edited:
Monza Briefing
Weather forecast - Sunny
Predicted Race Temperature - Ambient: 24c | Track: 31c
Start type - Short rolling start

Race Director notes
  • Usual club rules apply. The big ones are no chatting during qualifying or the race. Please wait for the last car to cross the line at the end of the race before chatting and if you knock someone off please hand the place back when safe to do so.
  • Take extra care on lap one at the first and second chicanes and leave plenty of space - it's a 50 minute race, don't cause an incident 20 seconds in to it.
  • Turn on your radar - this massively helps to keep good awareness of cars around you.
  • Have a blast and enjoy the race!

My first race with ACC , chosen the 720.
Seems like a good starting point.
I will just have to suck it and see, I am just going to enter online and hope that it all goes well.
Probably will not bother with qualifying and just try and keep out of the way.:roflmao:
It is all the simple but important things like how much fuel, tyre selection, tyre pressures and much more that :O_o:

Last edited:
My first race with ACC , chosen the 720.
Seems like a good starting point.
I will just have to suck it and see, I am just going to enter online and hope that it all goes well.
Probably will not bother with qualifying and just try and keep out of the way.:roflmao:
It is all the simple but important things like how much fuel, tyre selection, tyre pressures and much more that :O_o:
I use this to calculate fuel https://mythiq.net/fuelcalc/
It would be worthwhile doing practice to get an idea of what PSI your tyres are after 5 laps or so and what fuel usage is like. You are aiming for hot pressures of 27.5 - 28PSI.

With the fuel calculation I just put 50minute race time in the calculator then split the fuel level in to two. Start with half fuel and add the rest at the pit stop.

Last edited:
Tough but fun first race of the season, havent been on the sim for a few months.

Qualified in 10th or 11th, ran the same pace all race but moved up the order. Pitted early for tyres and then span on the exit of ascari, no damage initially but then got hit before I could rejoin, sorry for my part in this to whoever hit me.

A trip to the pits and all repaired. Rejoined back down the order in 14th and just focused on my pace until the end.

All good fun, looking forward to the next races now that I have more time to be on ACC each week.

I want to apologize to that lamborghini driver once more whose race I ruined twice. Gave myself an early pitstop on top of 20 seconds of waiting for him that definitely messed up my race and probably cost me P7

There will hopefully come a day where I can do Monza without incidents. Now that I am faster and in the midfield I have to learn how to avoid incidents with slower cars

But on a positive note, I managed P8, which is my all time best finish so I have gotten better at racing it seems.

MONZA.jpg

Round 1 Winner - Andrew Sebastian
Thanks to everyone for making up a great grid of varied cars for the kick off of this GT3 Series. Amazing effort from all involved to make it through the first 2 chicanes on lap 1 without sending another car in to orbit!

I had a blast today, great racing from Andre and Andrew who made sitting in P3 very entertaining until Andre spun out and I was gifted the lead. That didn't last long as Andrew put the grunt of the BMW to good use and got past. We battled for the rest of the race relentlessly, pitting at the same time and looking for any advantage. In the end I just couldn't get the better of Andrew and the BMW tonight, great win fella.

There were a few incidents mentioned - as long as the golden rule of waiting and letting the car you hit off was obeyed and there was no malice then that's ok. The first race of a new series with some new names on the grid is always going to be a "settling in race" as people find their pace and gain awareness of how others drive.

Looking forward to next week, see you then!

Fantastic first race of the series! I qualified in 4th, lost the car in the first lap on the exit of Ascari and ended up in 14th position with 11 seconds of damage. Managed to gain some positions back on the first stint, some in the second stint, and had some great battles with Steve Le Gallez and Ben Plowman. Ended up in 4th again, with a little bit of luck. All in all a really fun race, looking forward to Kyalami :)

If you have any great screenshots to share, feel free to pop them on here. 1024 x 576 works well.

On the radar it showed 4 cars in a row fighting for T1!
1.jpg

Andre leading the field through Della Roggia
2.jpg

Intense battle for 1st with my Mclaren waiting for an opportunity
3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for another great race, guys! I missed that. My race was bittersweet. Got first pole and was able to lead a great deal of the race, what felt amazing. After the pitstop round, Andrew and Chris where really close and while I was trying to keep the lead and get some confortable advantage, had some understeer at the last part of Ascari, touched the gravel, spun and hit the barrier. The pressure was intense and I'm not used to be in front. Went to the pits, 24 seconds of damage to repair and left in 6th place. Managed to get closer to the 5th but another spin kept me in 6th. Got sad to let a possible win or podium slip but was happy to know I improved my race pace and, most important, my Qualy pace.

Thanks Chris for the great pictures! Now I know my car looks fabulous with good graphics

Congrats Andrew, Chris and Magnus for the podium.

I'll be off for vacations next week but should be at Silverstone. See you on track!

It was a great pole lap and your pace was fantastic during the race. A few more performances like that and you'll start to soak up the pressure like a sponge :D

Enjoy your vacation.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea