ACC graphics settings help

Can anyone help with the graoic settings for ACC. At 1080p the game looks average but any higher settings I cannot get good framerate. I have a Gtx 1060 and intel i7 2600 CPU @ 3.40ghz. I know its not the fastest rig. I know its ACC is beta but just looking of some advise. Thanks

As mentioned before, ACC needs 6+ threads, so yes, it will easily max out a 4 thread i5.

If you want to see another game that actually needs a lot of threads (regarding that "my PC runs all other games pretty solid"), try Assassin's Creed Origins or Odyssey, those games max out almost any CPU (a lot of the time, at least) as they use around 9 threads and fast ones at that.

It's kinda funny, you know. Gamers have been talking for a while about how games will make use of more threads soon, and when they finally start to, people start realizing they might not have enough CPU power to run such games on their i5's ;)

(Whether or not these games could be further optimized is largely irrelevant, so I'm not really going there.)

Irrelevant if these games could be optimized?
On the contrary, I think it is relevant, for Kunos at least. Because they are loosing a lot of people who did play AC.
if I can play Raceroom, Project Cars 2 or iRacing with really nice details and looks then it means ACC is just a title a lot of people with medium hardware are goin to pass. And yeah, I dont care if optimizations doesnt happen because there are other titles, and other people will probably do the same, pass ACC and play other stuff.
At the moment ACC is for those who have the proper hardware needed, which is too expensive to get just for one simracing title

Irrelevant if these games could be optimized?
On the contrary, I think it is relevant, for Kunos at least. Because they are loosing a lot of people who did play AC.
Yes, it is *largely* irrelevant, because the simple fact is the game is using more threads than your CPU has, and it's been something that's been predicted for a while now and it's happening. You can't possibly know the reason for that is the game is not optimized, you can only guess (and your guess can be right, or it can be very wrong, but it will still remain exactly that, a guess, a fairly uneducated one at that, unless you are a developer of said game). Saying "but I run game X and game Y just fine" is largely irrelevant as well, because...well, because those games aren't ACC. It's a bit like saying "I can drink water just fine, so I should be able to drink liquid nitrogen as well, they're both liquids".

I under stand the frustration, but it’s still in early beta.....:geek:
*Early* beta...a month or so from supposed release following six months of public testing? I sure hope not...

A different perspective on this:
When I do a quick race, starting last 20 AI cars, acc has higher minimum fps than ac the moment I enable my essential hud apps (sidekick, tyres, Realtime).
Both run just slightly above 60 fps for minimum. But whole acc is pretty consistent with this, ac goes up to 90 fps and then drops down on start, fights etc to lower min fps than acc.
So with my I7 2600k @ 4.4 GHz there is basically no difference between the two games the moment I race with a full grid.
The difference is that acc utilizes a lot more of my cpu than ac does.

But yeah, if you got an i5 with a quite high single thread performance and don't do full grid races and barely run hud apps in ac, then acc will be a massive drop in fps for you.
But if you have a cpu like a ryzen 2600, then acc might give you even higher fps on average.

I don't see a problem there. A non-k i5 can't be expected to run well with a 2019 game.
I agree though there should be room for optimization regarding fps when basically alone on track!
And I also wonder what the heck is going on with today's menus. Acc and battlefield 5 both maxing out cpu and gpu in their menus. Don't know what wrong with them lol.

A non-k i5 can't be expected to run well with a 2019 game.
I think the newest 6 core ones can, they're pretty good. I was considering an i5-8400 with my upgrade and even though I'm not disappointed with the Ryzen, I still think it would've been an equal choice regarding gaming, if not better.

And I also wonder what the heck is going on with today's menus. Acc and battlefield 5 both maxing out cpu and gpu in their menus. Don't know what wrong with them lol.
I know, right? Been wondering that myself.

I am running in VR and at first i was amazed how good the performance is in hotstint, every setting on high or epic + 130% upscaling for the Rift.

Then i tested an AI race and everything went to shambles. Having an I7 8700k clocked at 4,9ghz, i can't even get 45fps, not even after 2 or 3 laps and a more spreaded field....in VR it's currently unusuable for AI races

My worry is this at the moment: that I can’t adjust for a level of detail that maxes out the track detail and removes all extra detail (spectators? Apart from for replays, do you really need to see the birds in the sky?)
At least in iRacing everything is set to off except for track details which are always at maximum as that’s where my reference points are most of the time. If I need trees for reference, they are rendered at minimum detail. Basically anything that is not the track itself, in my view it’s jusr eye candy for replay.

I am running in VR and at first i was amazed how good the performance is in hotstint, every setting on high or epic + 130% upscaling for the Rift.
Then i tested an AI race and everything went to shambles. Having an I7 8700k clocked at 4,9ghz, i can't even get 45fps, not even after 2 or 3 laps and a more spreaded field....in VR it's currently unusuable for AI races

Go deactivate Multithreading in your BIOS you should be fine;)

Every one seems to be talking about 1 or 2 cores
of use in AC or ACC.
My i5 with no background events running
( as far as my limited experience can tell ) ( task manager ) . Uses all 4 cores equally ( msi afterburner )
AC 80 to 90% , ACC 90 to 100% quite often
Railing out at 100% for a noticeable period of time.
on all 4 cores. ( 80 to 90 FPS ).
Can someone enlighten me on why this is so.
No other background events running except obviously
Msi afterburner.:)

Every one seems to be talking about 1 or 2 cores
of use in AC or ACC.
My i5 with no background events running
( as far as my limited experience can tell ) ( task manager ) . Uses all 4 cores equally ( msi afterburner )
AC 80 to 90% , ACC 90 to 100% quite often
Railing out at 100% for a noticeable period of time.
on all 4 cores. ( 80 to 90 FPS ).
Can someone enlighten me on why this is so.
No other background events running except obviously
Msi afterburner.:)
Although the games only run on 2 threads, the windows' own core shuffling increases the possible load quite a lot.
80-90% in ac seems to be quite high for overall load. Acc runs on 2-3 threads so at 4 cores it's using the cpu to full extend. Not really "Maxing out" though.
I have 8 threads and it's only at 50-65%. So 6 cores/threads for the cpu is plenty enough for the Sims. 4 are fine for everything but pcars 2 and acc.

I do apologise, I assume:rolleyes: that everyone remembers all my passed posts;)
AC with 23 AI and + me of course.:)

I had assumed, I have missed the obvious and things were, unknown to me
running in the background....

Just a warning, I tweaked this game to buggery, adjusting cpu loads, gpu oc, added reshade, locked framerate limit etc, etc trying to get perfromance / gfx to optimum, eventually i did so well that the game wouldn't even run with 2 ai without becoming a jittery mess and i couldn't for the life of me remember which bit i had changed had caused it lol. I eventually reset everything, uninstalled reshade , nvidia inspecter, nvidia drivers etc, reinstalled the drivers and started fresh and basic, and all is good again,16 ai and smooth gameplay. Sometimes in my experience you fan go too far, now i just plan to wait until Kunos has got it all finished :)

This game is getting worse with each update lol.

In 0.4,the last time I played it,the sim looked spectacular,res scaling on 140 percent,no stutters,perfect.
0.61 is absolutely shithouse,res scaler does not seem to be working,stutters and shimmers galore and horrible ffb.

The ffb has always been average in this sim though.

I uninstalled my game and removed the documents folder,I did everything to ensure a good simming experience but that didn't do anything.

Needs a massive Senna type update for the full release to redeem itself ,right now sitting at the back of the grid.

This game is getting worse with each update lol.

In 0.4,the last time I played it,the sim looked spectacular,res scaling on 140 percent,no stutters,perfect.
0.61 is absolutely shithouse,res scaler does not seem to be working,stutters and shimmers galore and horrible ffb.

The ffb has always been average in this sim though.

I uninstalled my game and removed the documents folder,I did everything to ensure a good simming experience but that didn't do anything.

Needs a massive Senna type update for the full release to redeem itself ,right now sitting at the back of the grid.
What PC (cpu/gpu do you have)?

I FIXED IT!

I forgot to delete my AC 2 folder in documents,I did delete the ACC folder but not the fore mentioned one,doh.

Also got the ffb working better with a few adjustments.

Limited the frame rate to 62 because my monitor refreshes just over 60hz when using a refresh tester.

Much nicer now,getting a stable 62 fps after a few tweaks to the graphic settings,no stutters.

MY FAULT,sorry Kunos!

It was deleting that AC 2 folder in documents.

Much happier with the sim.

You can see why developers are going the way of console though,they have one system to adjust too not a thousand different permutations like pcs which is better for stability.

But I have ACC sorted now and enjoying it ,just use some patience smasha lmao.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back