ACC graphics settings help

Can anyone help with the graoic settings for ACC. At 1080p the game looks average but any higher settings I cannot get good framerate. I have a Gtx 1060 and intel i7 2600 CPU @ 3.40ghz. I know its not the fastest rig. I know its ACC is beta but just looking of some advise. Thanks

Yes. You can switch off the overlays and stuff if you don't need it
Sure, but that doesn't mean Steam is not running. Unless you're running a cracked version of the game, it's still there running in the background, so you might as well use its fps counter if you need it, there's absolutely no reason not to as far as "running 3rd party apps" is concerned.

Surely you don't run every game you play with an annoying FPS counter showing all the time.
I thought you wanted to show the fps counter, so I don't see why you consider it annoying at the same time. And as a matter of fact, yes, I run most of my games with "annoying" fps counter and more.

Sure, but that doesn't mean Steam is not running. Unless you're running a cracked version of the game, it's still there running in the background, so you might as well use its fps counter if you need it, there's absolutely no reason not to as far as "running 3rd party apps" is concerned.

I thought you wanted to show the fps counter, so I don't see why you consider it annoying at the same time. And as a matter of fact, yes, I run most of my games with "annoying" fps counter and more.

What are you pushing this for? I have found the solution I am looking for and that's it, I don't need any more solutions. If the game didn't have it built-in, I would have gone that route, obviously.

Also, just to run a few in-game tests with an FPS counter until I have my graphics settings where I want them makes a solution where I can switch it on and off in-game perfect, much better than having to quit the game to disable it, or even alt-tabbing out.

So tell me what I'm missing here. Why is the Steam FPS counter better in this use case, in your opinion? You seem pretty adamant about it.

@Ho3n3r I am not pushing for anything (don't even understand why would I), neither have I said Steam fps counter is better (please quote if you think I did, or even that I am apparently "pretty adamant about it"). You stated that you do not want to use the Steam fps counter because you don't want to run 3rd party apps you don't need , which surprised me, because that suggested you're not running Steam (which would certainly be quite weird, given that ACC is a Steam game). So I am simply pointing out to you that despite what you seem to think, you are in fact still running it, regardless of whether you have the overlay enabled or not, so logically, you might as well use its universal fps counter that works in every game without the need of looking for native in-game solutions for each.

But I have to say I would think the scenario you've described, as in running a few tests with the FPS counter and then disabling it again makes the Steam counter much more accessible and user friendly, as you simply turn it on or off with one (well, two) clicks at any moment (and certainly without having to restart the game), instead of having to edit some file. But granted, you have to be using the overlay to be able to turn it on or off like this, which you apparently are not.

Last edited:
@Ho3n3r I am not pushing for anything (don't even understand why would I), neither have I said Steam fps counter is better (please quote if you think I did, or even that I am apparently "pretty adamant about it"). You stated that you do not want to use the Steam fps counter because you don't want to run 3rd party apps you don't need , which surprised me, because that suggested you're not running Steam (which would certainly be quite weird, given that ACC is a Steam game). So I am simply pointing out to you that despite what you seem to think, you are in fact still running it, regardless of whether you have the overlay enabled or not, so logically, you might as well use its universal fps counter that works in every game without the need of looking for native in-game solutions for each.

But I have to say I would think the scenario you've described, as in running a few tests with the FPS counter and then disabling it again makes the Steam counter much more accessible and user friendly, as you simply turn it on or off with one (well, two) clicks at any moment (and certainly without having to restart the game), instead of having to edit some file. But granted, you have to be using the overlay to be able to turn it on or off like this, which you apparently are not.
If you feel that strongly about it, please do carry on.

Moving on, thanks to the others who had constructive contributions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back