ACC Build 3 Released: Adds Multiplayer, Paul Ricard and BMW

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build is now live!

Adding a new car in the form of the BMW M6 GT3, a new laserscanned version of the Paul Ricard circuit and a first pass at multiplayer functionality, this is indeed a big day for the team over at Kunos Simulazioni as they move into the third stage of Early Access with Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As well as the new content added to the core title, today also brings a rather significant sized change log of fixes and amendments to the game. Well worth a read to understand some of the level of commitment being undertaken by Kunos at this early stage of development for ACC, the full update notes can be seen below:

• New BMW M6 GT3
  • New Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
  • Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
  • New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
  • Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
  • Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
  • Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
  • Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
  • Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
  • Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
  • Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
  • Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
  • Fixed values on setup screen
  • Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
  • Improved start assist
  • Improved TC logic
  • TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
  • Improved pitlane limiter function.
  • Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
  • Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
  • Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
  • Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
  • Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
  • Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
  • Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
  • Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
  • Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
  • Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
  • pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
  • removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
  • Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
  • textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
  • minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
  • Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
  • New audio device selector in audio options
  • Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
  • Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
  • Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
  • Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
  • Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
  • Events poliphony optimization
  • Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
  • Minor audio fixes
  • Performance optimizations in the game thread
  • Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
  • Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
  • Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

With ACC now having reached the third update release, the title has bumped up in price accordingly. Any new adopters of the game will now have to pay a still very reasonable £29.99, and can pick the title up from the Steam platform for PC systems. Kunos have not yet revealed if the game will be moving to console in future, with more news on that subject expected when development matures heading into 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Release 3 Update.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I don't really understand. That link is to a post in their forums, by someone who signs as a Kunos employee. In their official forums. Do you really think some random person would impersonate a Kunos employee in their official forums with a fake message? If you really think that, I don't really know what more to say.

I can't see any hints that this messsage is from a KS employee:

upload_2018-11-18_11-16-10.png

There is this signature on the bottom:

Davide Brivio
Marketing & Business Development Manager
KUNOS Simulazioni srl

Though this is the first time I noticed it, never heard of the guy before.
But let's assume that is genuine, it is still VERY vague (and proposing to change to a UW monitor wasn't very helpful either).

There are many Kunos employees we have never heard about. And of course it is vague, if they don't know if it's possible or not, what can you expect them to say?

Honestly, for me this answer from a Rookie rated person (who posted 8 messages in the forums) is a little bit bewildering. I'm wondering about the authenticity of this message. If the original message is really from Kunos, why don't they post it theirselfs in their forums?

EDIT: wrong post quoted originally
Try to post with a fake signature of Kunos stuff employee in their official forum and see what happens with you account. Or any company's forum for that matter ;)

ok, guys, a little bit late but,...

i had some problems with the multiplayer before the hotfixes. but now, not. i can enter a server without problem. i think hte problem could be my internet.i´m still have adsl. i dont know where i can see my lag/pin to compare with one i usually have in ac. someone can help me.

about the ffb, i think it was perfect :redface: in the first release. in the second release change a little, but still have the same sensation. when i passed from ACC to AC i always ended thinking "WTF, AC is my main sim, and know i don´t like the ffb" but with the third release i lost this. more o less find similar to AC, and don´t like as in the past. i started to change the damper of the ffb, and more o less find the same feeling as at the start. and i start to change the ffb of all the games, adding some damper or filter (as in AC) to find the same feel. i understand the ACC ffb, like it and start to find it in the other games. when i setup the ffb off the games, i always take the damer filter off. but know i see that may be i was wrong.

otherwise, i like ACC and may be leave all other when RD start to make races with it. i think i could not sign up for the champ, but yes for all the club races.

The AI is the best of all simulators by far, even on free tracks.

You can set every aspect of the AI in addition to the excellent tyre model that helps each race to be a new challenge, never the same.

Those options are not in all the simulators, for example Race Room whose AI system is totally unnatural.

Cote Dazur good for you, I am reaching 1000 hours of joys but I promise to reach you, excellent simulator.

ACC is on the way to making history too.

Funny how one man garbage is an other man treasure, of all the SIM I have AC AI is my favorite.
I have spent most of my 4000 hours in AC driving with the AI. You must be an online guy.
I didn't say its garbage ;) Its just worse than RF2 and AMS AI imo.
Main problem is AI often crashing and dive bombing in corners into me. As if somehow they are not always aware of player vehicle or can not cope with door to door racing. They are not able to adjust racing line in those situations as well as other sims.
As I am playing on laptop with limited FOV this is big issue for me.

The AI is the best of all simulators by far, even on free tracks.

You can set every aspect of the AI in addition to the excellent tyre model that helps each race to be a new challenge, never the same.

Those options are not in all the simulators, for example Race Room whose AI system is totally unnatural.

What extra settings you can add to AC's AI that other sims don't have? Just curious, not trying to start a Sim A vs. Sim B derail.

The only option I could think of in AC is the variance of AI skill (can't remember the exact name), but I believe all the sims have this built-in to the AI based on the overall AI difficulty you set. For example: If P1's qualifying time is 1:41, P2 to P20 will have times are increasingly slower as you go towards the back of the grid. AI skill level and AI agression are things that are all adjustable in rF1, AMS, rF2 and I believe pCARS2. I'm pretty sure I saw an aggression slider in Raceroom as well but I could be wrong.

Besides, as long as the AI shows some signs of being aware of your presence, I don't mind the dive-bombing and bumping; what perfect do we live in where human players don't attempt to dive-bomb or do silly maneuvers IRL/online? If anything, crazy AI prepares you for crazy people IRL :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back