ACC and VR

Will Assetto Corsa Competizione support VR from its very first day? Didn't see no one mention.

I hope so, otherwise it'll be a huge step back to it's antecessor and it's competition.

AC sold over a half million copies; your poll had about a hundred replies. Totally scientific. LOL

And wheels sold are only 1% of controllers, but i do believe no one here plays with controller.
In that million of products sold, im sure there are lots of simracers.

If you do participate in online races here or in any other community, you would know that half of the frequent simracers use VR.

Apparently half, since somebody said it on the internet so it must be true.

Anyways, hopefully having a track map floating in the air in front of you, along with a half dozen other apps, will be fully implemented on day one of EA so that you guys won't have to cry and complain about your immersion level being too low.

Apparently half, since somebody said it on the internet so it must be true.

Anyways, hopefully having a track map floating in the air in front of you, along with a half dozen other apps, will be fully implemented on day one of EA so that you guys won't have to cry and complain about your immersion level being too low.

So you claim to know only 1% have VR, can't provide the proof, then go on the attack with another monotonous bore of a comment....your reputation exceeds you sir, good bye.

It would be a shame if they spend time working on something to be ready day one for the one percent instead of working on something that everybody will use, but good for the elite if true.

AC sold over a half million copies; your poll had about a hundred replies. Totally scientific. LOL

1% of 500,000 is 5,000 sales and at about £40 per game could be around £200,000. That's nothing to be sniffed at.
Then there will be the increase in sales created by those (like me) who wont buy a racing game that 'isnt' in VR.
And it would also result in a larger player database, further ensuring the life of the game.
Not implementing VR or not having a small group of people working on it would be a BIG mistake revenue wise.

Last edited:
1% of 500,000 is 5,000 sales and at about £40 per game could be around £200,000. That's nothing to be sniffed at.
Then there will be the increase in sales created by those (like me) who wont buy a racing game that 'isnt' in VR.
And it would also result in a larger player database, further ensuring the life of the game.
Not implementing VR or not having a small group of people working on it would be a BIG mistake revenue wise.
99% of 500,000 is 495,000 sales and at about £40 per game could be around £19,800,000. That's nothing to be sniffed at.
Then there will be the increase in sales created by those (like me) who wont buy a racing game where developers spent time on VR instead of improving the rest of the game.
Implementing VR or having a small group of people working on it would be a BIG mistake revenue wise.

Nobody in the 'know' or associated with simracing....which Kunos Simulazioni certainly is...would release a new simulator without VR today.
I'm sure if they were simply doing the work on some type of a contract basis, they suggest that.
Integration of VR does not exclude anyone so why wouldn't they. Think about it.
Not everything has to be written down fellas.

I see the armchair financial experts are out in force, lets just agree Kunos are MILLIONAIRES and laughing at us whilst they swim in their private pools floating about on inflatable Ferraris and sipping endless Irish Coffees.

Brace yourselves haters...VR Is Coming!

99% of 500,000 is 495,000 sales and at about £40 per game could be around £19,800,000. That's nothing to be sniffed at.
Then there will be the increase in sales created by those (like me) who wont buy a racing game where developers spent time on VR instead of improving the rest of the game.
Implementing VR or having a small group of people working on it would be a BIG mistake revenue wise.

Then that's a shame, you are missing out on some great racing games, like Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Pcars2, Dirt Rally, RaceRoom, rFactor to name but a few. These are all games where the developers have spent time on VR instead of improving the rest of the game and I would highly recommend you try at least one of them, you may like it.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

If you play and enjoy AC, are you really going to skip ACC if it doesn't support VR on release?
Seriosly?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back