ACC and VR

Will Assetto Corsa Competizione support VR from its very first day? Didn't see no one mention.

I hope so, otherwise it'll be a huge step back to it's antecessor and it's competition.

For me, the question is whether it will really be designed for VR, or just implement it as an afterthought. From the E3 videos the mirrors still look like static cameras, which is bad enough on a monitor but pretty much undriveable with VR. As probably the worst thing about AC's graphics, I would have thought that would have been addressed early on ACC's development. On the other hand, it does appear that they've added pit-to-car radio so hopefully it will be possible to drive with zero overlay graphics.

Hi guys, I know the specs are not out yet but do you think that a GTX1070ti and 16gb ram will be enough to enjoy ACC in VR?
It better be!

For me, the question is whether it will really be designed for VR, or just implement it as an afterthought. From the E3 videos the mirrors still look like static cameras, which is bad enough on a monitor but pretty much undriveable with VR. .
I really don't see how the static mirrors make it undriveable. You'd want to tell the car companies that are currently replacing the centre mirror with displays. Proper mirrors would be nice but its not a deal breaker for me.

I really don't see how the static mirrors make it undriveable. You'd want to tell the car companies that are currently replacing the centre mirror with displays. Proper mirrors would be nice but its not a deal breaker for me.

Well, perhaps not undriveable - you can drive, just don't look in the mirrors unless your really want to kill the immersion. Especially not the rear-view in a GT car, when you should be seeing a bunch of rollcage, rear wing, etc. In AC I actually make a point of driving cars that have rear-facing cameras IRL for this reason, because at least I know those are supposed to look fake.

Fundamentally it doesn't seem like it would be hard to have the mirror's "cameras" move as a function of the driver's head position, instead of being totally static - the mathematics for that are easy. To get the parts of one's own car probably would require using the lower LOD interior and adjusting the clipping plane for those cameras on the fly too, but again that doesn't seem like it should be too challenging.

I'm not asking for any mind-blowing new tech here, just for ACC to at least match Iracing in the graphics department ;).

Let's not forget that any movement in the mirror to coincide with the head movement should be minimal, it's not like in your road car where you can move all over the place to see different angles in the mirrors, in a race car your head has very limited movement due to the Hans device and seat/head supports.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be in game, I'd very much welcome dynamic mirrors, but for me I can drive in VR with static mirrors just fine and they certainly don't kill the immersion.

Will VR be supported on day one of v1.0 release? Most likely.
Will VR be supported on day one of Early Access? Probably not.
I hope you are not right, but I will not be upset if EA access is not compatible with VR on day one. All I wish for is to be able to play it in VR, even if nothing is optimized for it yet. It is not an elitist thing, it is just that for the last 2 years I have enjoyed VR and now driving on a screen does not do it for me any more.
You to, probably, one day will wear the goggles and enjoy being a few step closer to feeling like you are racing a car more then playing a game, which is the goal after all. Once you have been in the car in VR, the FFB feels better, the cockpit interior make sense, the apex make sense, everything is enhance.
We might only be 1% of the player base, we might be more, I would love to have that data, just to know, even it is to confirm we are a small minority, but the numbers are growing every day, literally, and what we have is too good not be loud about it.
Kunos as more important things to tackle than perfect VR on EA day one for sure and they have spoiled us in the past with a fantastic VR experience in AC, we love them to death for that. We are just hoping it is going to be there on EA and that the few missing goodies available on other SIM we had hoped for in AC will make it to ACC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back