Resource icon

Apps AC_TrackCycle 2.8.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,

AC_TrackCycle.exe and AC_TrackCycle_Console.exe should not be run at the same time, they are independent from each other (one has an user interface and the other one is just a command line tool without user interface, but in the end they both do the same).

If you decide to use the one with user interface then you need to press the "start" button at the bottom of the window in order to start the server.

In both cases, do not start acServer.exe manually, TrackCycle takes care of that and it won't work if the server is already running.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Thomas,

It was possible to connect, but I think something happened after the last update, I can start the server via console, in the main window I see the server start messages. The server is created and I can find it inside the game, however the list of connected players does not appear and neither the map of the lane, do you have any idea what it's like?

You say: "I can start the server via console." Well, don't do it. Just start AC_TrackCycle.exe and use the start button, don't start any other exe.

regarding maps please read this

if you mean AC_TrackCycle update 2.7.4, no, that can't be the reason.
Just tested with AC v1.14.2 works fine here.

If you can't get it to work send me your configs and log and I can take a look.

Hey Thomas !!!!

OK, this is exactly what I did, I opened the Track Cycle console and pressed the start button. I checked all the settings again. My server is running with the Win Server 2008 R2 Enterprise operating system, do you believe this might be the problem ??? Would you have any way to contact us ??? Skype or something so I could show you the configuration screen of my server so you can help me solve this problem ??? I think my English is also better spoken than written.

How do I configure it with practice races? I would like to have them timed but it says you can only do it by lap.

2 options:
  • in the tracks= list always put 0 for the lap count and specify the race time as usual
  • if you want different race times for each track then you would need to use the template cycle i.e. within the cfg folder you create new folders containing server_cfg.ini and/or entrylist.ini. Then you specify the names of these folders semicolon separated in the template_cycle key in the exe.config e.g. <add key="template_cycle" value="spa_gt3;nurburgring_street_mix"/> In this case you should not have the tracks= section in the main cfg/server_cfg.ini as this would take priority over the template cycle.

I think it has been tried, but Kevin saw the GUI and immediately said he doesn't support things like that. Of course I explained that there is a command line version and everything can be configured in files, but he either didn't read it or just thought the demand is not high enough to justify trying it out. So your best bet is just ask him again, and again, and again. Now that it runs on Linux there really isn't any reason why it shouldn't work.

Hi, I just recently started playing around with hosting a dedicated server. I managed to get your plugin working along with MinoRating.

Big thanks to all the work you've done!!! :)

FYI, you have a mistake in your documentation:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac_trackcycle.6917/
Under the Configuration section it states:
Track Cycle (optional):
- put this section in your server_cfg.ini
[TRACK_CYCLE]
TRACKS=spa,5;ks_nordschleife,endurance,2;mugello,6;nurburgring,6;silverstone,6;imola,6

syntax is like this <trackname>,<lapcount>;<trackname>,<lapcount>,<layout>;<trackname>,<lapcount>

However, as I discovered by analyzing the error in the log file and experimentation, the syntax actually is:
syntax is like this <trackname>,<lapcount>;<trackname>,<layout>,<lapcount>;<trackname>,<lapcount>

And while reading this thread from start to finish just now, I noticed someone else was probably affected by this mistake :):
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ac_trackcycle.109505/page-9#post-2416135

Anyway, I look forward to doing more experimentation with hosting, so I'll probably have more questions soon... But I think I better read through the thread at least one more time.

Thanks again!!!

Hi, I just recently started playing around with hosting a dedicated server. I managed to get your plugin working along with MinoRating.

Big thanks to all the work you've done!!! :)

FYI, you have a mistake in your documentation:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac_trackcycle.6917/
Under the Configuration section it states:
Track Cycle (optional):
- put this section in your server_cfg.ini
[TRACK_CYCLE]
TRACKS=spa,5;ks_nordschleife,endurance,2;mugello,6;nurburgring,6;silverstone,6;imola,6

syntax is like this <trackname>,<lapcount>;<trackname>,<lapcount>,<layout>;<trackname>,<lapcount>

However, as I discovered by analyzing the error in the log file and experimentation, the syntax actually is:
syntax is like this <trackname>,<lapcount>;<trackname>,<layout>,<lapcount>;<trackname>,<lapcount>

And while reading this thread from start to finish just now, I noticed someone else was probably affected by this mistake :):
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ac_trackcycle.109505/page-9#post-2416135

Anyway, I look forward to doing more experimentation with hosting, so I'll probably have more questions soon... But I think I better read through the thread at least one more time.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks, of course you are right!!! I corrected it.
Luckily I got the example right ;) so I hope it didn't prevent too many people from getting it work.

Thomas
Thanks for this really handy tool
i use this on my drift server with a cfg file and entry list for each track without any problems. The trouble i'm having a lil trouble with my second server im setting up and its not a huge problem just somn i cant get my head around.

The second server im setting up is a race server and i was hopeing to get s/ptracker working alongside it , i can start AC track cycle and it runs and i can start stracker manuly its fine but what i was trying to do is get AC track cycle to run as an additional .exe. for some reason i cant use the stracker.exe so i tried using the start-stracker.cmd and it boots fine by its self after track cycle is started but when track cycle reboots the server it just upens another cmd window leaving the old one running.

Is there somn im missing here, is there a way to use the stracker.exe instead or a way to kill the last .cmd window?

any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Muffkins

Last edited:
It seems that if a cmd window is used to start another process it doesn't get killed. What I could to for a future version is that you can specify parameters for the additional exes, so you don't need a cmd.

Others have reported that it is not necessary to restart stracker when the track cycles, so you just need to to start it once manually.

Thomas

thanks for getting back to me. i had also spoke to Neys about this and he says the same that stracker doesn't need to be rebooted with trackcycle it can stay running the whole time.
Cheerz muffkins

Last edited:
thomas

sorry to bother you further but i just have another question or two

im running multiple servers , well trying to haha, i have the standard assetto corsa cfg folder with one set of server_cgf.ini and entrey_list.ini in it and then multiple folders for map change server_cfg.ini and entry list drift_xxxx for one server R1_xxxx and R2_xxx folders for the other servers .

when i launch one track_cycle .exe it runs fine no errors but when launching the second exe and hitting start it gives me an error about not beeing able to run more than one at a time. i have diffrent ports assigned for each server i plan to run via the cfg.ini's in the second folders withing the asseetto/cfg folder. my goal is to get three servers running with the console version of the exe for each server and im planing on using stracker on the last two race servers.

i can get the last two race servers up using the console.exe but when trying to use stracker(my method) launch the first race server then stracker tehn the second server stracker comes up pause and i yet to overcome this

Thanks again for your time

the pointing of the cfg folder does not apper to work either, i tried making a cfg1 2 and 3 folder for each server and pointing track cycle towards it but it claims to find no files and is still looking for just the cfg folder instead of the cfg1 i'm pointing it to

i seem to have sorted the port issue, it appears that i had two instances pointing to the same r1_mugello cfg folder instead of the r2_mugello one i had made, didnt have the isue with the console version as i had already configured it b4 haha.

so many cofig files, never doone so much editing in my life tryin to get one drift server and two race servers all with trackcycle and just the race ones with stracker also :)

thanks again for this fine plugin you have made
cheerz muffkins

Hi Thomas,

First of...I really like your application, I've been using it for quite a while now!

I'm wondering if it's possible to run de 'additional exes' minimized? (I run my server on a PC that also displays other stuff, the Minorating cmd always comes up on top when the server cycles)

I tried something like this, but that didn't work:

<add key="additional_exes" value="start /min C:\AC\minorating\MinoRatingPlugin.exe"/>

Thnx in advance!

Hi Tony,

unfortunately that won't work.
I've attached a small change that should start the additional exes minimized, you could give that a try.
Remove the .txt file extension (forum only allows certain file extensions) and replace the AC_ServerStarter.dll in the trackcycle directory.

Cheers,
Tom

Attachments

• AC_ServerStarter.dll.txt
    7 KB · Views: 108
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for trying to provide a solution so fast!!

However, I get the following error:

'Could not load file or assembly 'AC_ServerStarter, version=2.7.4.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.'

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.