General AC Night

Is it included in the newest version?
Yes! Not sure it includes all cars, check out the folder extension\config\cars

If some car is missing yellow lights or a F1 car has lights, copy a file from a similar car and rename it to the cars folder name you are fixing, copy it back and you are set.

Worked on previous version to...I fixed a lot of cars now they come with the patch:redface:

Thanks to x4fab!

Yes! Not sure it includes all cars, check out the folder extension\config\cars

If some car is missing yellow lights or a F1 car has lights, copy a file from a similar car and rename it to the cars folder name you are fixing, copy it back and you are set.

Worked on previous version to...I fixed a lot of cars now they come with the patch:redface:

Thanks to x4fab!
Many thanks mate :thumbsup: I'll try it out :)

Edit: Tested it and not a single car use yellow headlights :unsure:

Last edited:
Is it included in the newest version?
Yes v1.21 preview11 , you need to create a specific ini file (name of the car folder) for the car which must use a different color. You can change everything for a specific car or only a parameter. For now, you need to copy this file in both "extension\config\cars\mods" directories (game path and jsgme path) as the dll will read both of them.

First of all, make sure you’re NOT trying to modify stuff in assettocorsa\MODS\Shaders Lights Patch! It won’t have any affect on the patch, unless you re-enable it, but why would you do that.

I'm trying to figure out how to make all the cars to have more "light power" but I can't. The only way I found is to make a file for a desired car, as some of you pointed out

Many thanks mate :thumbsup: I'll try it out :)

Edit: Tested it and not a single car use yellow headlights :unsure:
Sorry did not see your edit until now. I realized I explained it wrong.

I have all of my edited files in the cars folder, like this....
folder.jpg

I use this numbers for colors for the ks_corvette_c7r (selected part) Change the last digit (25) if you want more or less light.
ks_corvette_cr7r.jpg

Looks like this in game....
In_game.jpg

Thanks to Joshkerr for explaining it to me.

Last edited:
I have not tried to edit it myself but check out "lighting_fx.ini" in the extension\config folder.

Now it works. I followed the instructions in the .txt and copied lighting_fx.ini to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension but it seems don't work.
Now I edited the .ini in the AC folder and with BRIGHTNESS_MULTIPLIER=3 or 4 there is enough light to drive.

Secondly, if you’re going to modify any files, I recommend you to copy them in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension,
and modify them there. This way, your changes won’t be lost during next patch update.

The way it works is all about fallbacks — for each parameter, patch checks first INI-file in Documents, and then the one
in assettocorsa\extension\config folder. So, for example, you can copy lighting_fx.ini in Documents, open it, cut out
everything apart from BRIGHTNESS_MULTIPLIER and set BRIGHTNESS_MULTIPLIER to 3 or something, and it won’t be lost during
update, but if I’ll tweak some other parameters, you’ll get other values tweaked as well.

The one about @Jakal wrote this at the AC forum:
"Actually that issue is already fixed in the latest version only availible on the Discord. I don't recommend that version though. It crashes a lot, randomly stops working and all that good stuff. Just letting you know that the next official version is going to have a fix for that."
?

That's me ;)

No, the problems have mostly been fixed. Right now the latest build on Discord is pretty stable, but don't take that for granted with the Discord builds. Sometimes they get updated multiple times per day because of bugs being found. Everyone is welcome to try the builds out and report any bugs or crashes though.

That's me ;)

No, the problems have mostly been fixed. Right now the latest build on Discord is pretty stable, but don't take that for granted with the Discord builds. Sometimes they get updated multiple times per day because of bugs being found. Everyone is welcome to try the builds out and report any bugs or crashes though.
Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back