AC Modding Questions Thread

Hi!

I just came across for the 1st time with a weird track bug.
I haven't seen these anywhere else and I have no ideawhat could be causing this "square of light". Is it CSP related or the track?
Screenshot_madformulateam_mftc3_ohw_shng_27-7-121-12-51-36.jpg

Hi guys, i wanted to ask if there is possibility to have metallic paint somehow when you are creating skin for some car (in my case RSS Formula Hybrid 2021). Does anyone know how to do it if its even possible? thanks

Hello guys. I'm having trouble adding DRS animation for my mod.
I tried to figure out myself with ks SF15T and P1 GTR's file, but I couldn't quite understand them atm.
I animated the dummy for the testing like this.
frame=0 normal state, frame=20 DRS ON

frameeee.jpg

And I edited the inis like following.

// drs.ini
[WING_2]
EFFECT=0.0

// wing_animations.ini
[HEADER]
VERSION=2

[ANIMATION_0]
WING=2
FILE=car_wing.ksanim
MIN=0
MAX=20
INVERTED=0
SPEED=4

The DRS is working as I could see in aerodynamics app but the animation looks inverted.
Like DRS ON is frame 0
and DRS OFF is frame 20

I tried to change INVERTED to "1" but in this case. the wing didn't move at all.

How can I properly animate this?

Wing animations are using AOA degrees, an animation tied to 0 to 20 is gonna play the first frame when the wing's at 0 degrees, the last frame when it's at 20 degrees. DRS reduces the angle of the wing, so it plays the animation backwards when it activates and forwards when it turns off. So you just set up the animation so frame 0 is what the wing looks like at 0 degrees, frame 20 what it looks like at 20 degrees, and it should work.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

do anyone know if the newest Patreon CSP preview build (1.76?) has normaly working exhaust flames (new flames) again ?

I am on 1.73 now, because it was the last version without buggy exhaust flames.
And while i love the new flames i can`t no more drive without em´:confused:

I would like to become patreon because i like to see the rain function finally, but i just can`t give up the flames :D

Hi guys,

do anyone know if the newest Patreon CSP preview build (1.76?) has normaly working exhaust flames (new flames) again ?

I am on 1.73 now, because it was the last version without buggy exhaust flames.
And while i love the new flames i can`t no more drive without em´:confused:

I would like to become patreon because i like to see the rain function finally, but i just can`t give up the flames :D
better luck asking on their discord channel

That is indeed set to False, I've now also tried the standard Monza asphalt material, I figured something was wrong with my own DDS export from GIMP, but that hasn't changed a thing. I even copied all the material settings 1:1 over but it still looks half transparent.

EDIT: Just changed the material to KSPerPixelMultiMap and it instantly worked! No idea why the PerPixel looks half transparent though. I suspect it has something to do with masks but I have no clue how or why just yet.

Last edited:
That is indeed set to False, I've now also tried the standard Monza asphalt material, I figured something was wrong with my own DDS export from GIMP, but that hasn't changed a thing. I even copied all the material settings 1:1 over but it still looks half transparent.

EDIT: Just changed the material to KSPerPixelMultiMap and it instantly worked! No idea why the PerPixel looks half transparent though. I suspect it has something to do with masks but I have no clue how or why just yet.
try with ksPerPixelAT (and keep blendmode as opaque)
there's some things between AT or not AT.
Clever people will be able to explain why. For me, i test both, and sometimes one work better, even for opaque materials :D

ksPerPixel for some reason incorrectly shows transparency in the editor but not in game, must be a cached version of the shader or something.

ksPerPixel for some reason incorrectly shows transparency in the editor but not in game, must be a cached version of the shader or something.
That is interesting to know, I hadn't actually successfully exported to the game at that point though.

AFter my little tumble with KSEditor and the first drive on my track(whoo!) I have run into another minor issue. I am following a lot of LilSki's tutorials, tips tricks and hints. Now I am trying to create more detailed sections in corners, and I've got one tricky hairpin that needs a little extra love. It's also where my center curve started and where the array with the track sections ends. Once I applied the Array I closed up the final face. Unfortunately when I try and subdivide the track there it fails and just creates a bizarre face stretching to the other side.

I merged potential double vertices so not sure where this comes from.

issue1.jpg

issue2.jpg

When you have arrayed objects conforming to a curve, you have to remember that the actual mesh, without the curve modifier, is essentially a straight line. The first and last segments aren't next to eachother. If you want to merge them together you have to collapse (apply) the modifiers. I wouldn't do that until much later, though.

I can't remember Lilski's exact method for generating the mesh itself, so I'm not sure the best way to increase the mesh resolution in your case; I use a different method to make my track surface so my workflow is different.

When you have arrayed objects conforming to a curve, you have to remember that the actual mesh, without the curve modifier, is essentially a straight line. The first and last segments aren't next to eachother. If you want to merge them together you have to collapse (apply) the modifiers. I wouldn't do that until much later, though.

Yes I have applied the Array modifier. Not quite sure he talks about closing it up though. I've tried a much higher resolution mesh to start off with but that's not quite right looking either, still very much trying different methods now. I'll post a screenshot of what it looks like then if I go with smaller segments.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.