AC Modding Questions Thread

I've added a lot of trees to my track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mountain-route.19311/
Before I release it I wanted to improve the performance, following this guide:
https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/setting-up-trees.162/#post-5088
The guide says that the trees MUST be exported as single objects from the 3D Editor. I use RTB and the objects are automatically exported as groups. Here is a screenshot of how it looks like after the RTB export:
2020-05-05 14_50_09-Window.png

When I apply the naming convention to the groups I get really wierd results in the ksEditor(only one entry in BLOCKTRANSFROM and the textures are all over the place). My question is, if it's still possible to seperate the trees and apply the naming convention and if yes, how can I do it? Would be nice if anyone could help me with this, or got some other tips, how to improve the performance of a RTB track.

Last edited:
I have a question about rim blur; I have the rim set up like this:

1588756679627.png

Where the txDiffuse is the AO map and txDetail is the colour of the rim (4x4 pixel image)
For the blur, there's a txDiffuse and a txDetail, can I put the blur on the txDiffuse AO map and use the same (4x4 pixel) colour of the rim in txDetail?

If that works it would be cool as it could save some Mb in textures (on my AX mod pretty much every car has a different car colour, 50 cars = 50 extra at least)

If that works it would be cool as it could save some Mb in textures (on my AX mod pretty much every car has a different car colour, 50 cars = 50 extra at least)

It works for paint and rims, I'm 100% certain as I use it all the time. the problem is that I don't know if the blur texture takes a blurred AO and then applies the colour to it later.

I have a question about rim blur; I have the rim set up like this:

View attachment 369913

Where the txDiffuse is the AO map and txDetail is the colour of the rim (4x4 pixel image)
For the blur, there's a txDiffuse and a txDetail, can I put the blur on the txDiffuse AO map and use the same (4x4 pixel) colour of the rim in txDetail?
I don't quite understand your question. Could you screenshot both material settings?
Here's how I have it on my Lotus. Just a very simple shader for the blur
1.jpg
2.jpg

I don't quite understand your question. Could you screenshot both material settings?
Here's how I have it on my Lotus. Just a very simple shader for the blur
View attachment 370064View attachment 370065

Well, I have an AO map (just white and black with an alpha layer) and a diffuse map with the colour in it. Can I use the combination of these for the rim blur, that's my question. Else I'll have to put the colour in the rim blur too, making colourable rims a bit harder. Of course that's not a huge problem, but it would be nice to have colourable rims (with rim blur).

Well, I have an AO map (just white and black with an alpha layer) and a diffuse map with the colour in it. Can I use the combination of these for the rim blur, that's my question. Else I'll have to put the colour in the rim blur too, making colourable rims a bit harder. Of course that's not a huge problem, but it would be nice to have colourable rims (with rim blur).
I don't think you can, as you need to use the alpha layer to make it blurry transparent

I didn't use a detail texture on my rims at all. And I combined blur and non.blur into on UV map
krb_felge.jpg

I don't think you can, as you need to use the alpha layer to make it blurry transparent

I didn't use a detail texture on my rims at all. And I combined blur and non.blur into on UV map
View attachment 370080

I believe there are some shaders that use the alpha of the normal map for transparency. Might be an option here?

Just to be sure, additional sound sources do not work for racetracks, right?
For example adding a source for a speaker or ocean waves...
Actually, since the later versions of the shader patch, we have the ability to create soundbanks for tracks and create sound sources, either by specifying a XYZ location or biding them to empties/dummies. See the Road America config entries I created and the soundbank and GUID for examples.

Also have a read here: https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/additional-track-sound-with-csp.2058/

Actually, since the later versions of the shader patch, we have the ability to create soundbanks for tracks and create sound sources, either by specifying a XYZ location or biding them to empties/dummies. See the Road America config entries I created and the soundbank and GUID for examples.

Also have a read here: https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/additional-track-sound-with-csp.2058/

Yeah thanks! Saw it the other day, hope that works because the track i'm working on really needs at least 5 different sounds.

Something like this:
View attachment 370086

Thats just for the actual blurred spokes - the blurred rim just uses an identical shader/textures/settings as the non-blur rim.

For completeness, here is the rim shader settings I used for that particular example:
View attachment 370088

Thanks for sharing, i've been struggling with the blur for the poast few days too :)

isn't the texture folder on a car supposed to be like on a track
to replace a texture if i place it there using the same name.dds, preventing editing the kn5 ?

1589118887266.png

Working on a model I have had ready for conversion into AC, but can't get the mapping done correctly. As I have never done this properly I was wondering if someone could help me. I manually put all seams in place, used pelt maps to get a nice mapping, but the elements are not proportional to eachother. The map of the side, of the doors are all squished together for instance, where the map of the boot is all streched out. Is there a way to get the proportions correct?

1589149530077.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea