AC Modding Questions Thread

Hello everyone

I have a question that fits exactly with this page, because of the dumb It is

I've seen that, at some tracks, AI doesn't stop at Pits, even for fuel, and the cars keep running without fuel (i.e. Suzuka, Fuji, Albert Park...). Recentely I discovered the AI development tool and i was able to improve their lines and speed but i couldn't led them trough boxes.

How can i solve this trouble?

Thank you so much

While at it, might i add another question on the same topic:
PIT SPEED LIMITS! why the hell is it hardcoded to 80kph? My track has a very tight S bend where you can barely fit a car that the AI completely ignore. Any workaround?

Hello everyone

I have a question that fits exactly with this page, because of the dumb It is

I've seen that, at some tracks, AI doesn't stop at Pits, even for fuel, and the cars keep running without fuel (i.e. Suzuka, Fuji, Albert Park...). Recentely I discovered the AI development tool and i was able to improve their lines and speed but i couldn't led them trough boxes.

How can i solve this trouble?

Thank you so much
The track might not have a pitlane.ai file?
Read this post if you need to create one: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/creating-ai-lines.124330/#post-2280782

I am building a track for AC. When I read the descriptions of released tracks I sometimes see comments about they made it multiplayer compatible or something like that.
What things do I have to do to make my track multiplayer compatible?

Just putting together an update for the Bugatti type 32 with a vintage driver but Content Manager seems to ignore the driver texture folder when installing. Got it set up like this, the 'content' folder contains these folders, 'texture' just contains the folders and textures for my driver helmet - paths all seem to be correct:

winrar.png

Is there a way to tell CM to install the texture folder as well? No big deal if not, it still works without the textures, but I know how confusing this can be to people new to the game so I'd like to make it as straightforward as possible.

I'm trying to adjust flames with the flames.ini and flame_presets.ini, yet I don't have a clue what some things do. I'm trying to make the flames shorter, last shorter and decrease the frequency at which they appear. I'd like to know what the different variables in these .ini's mean to get the result I am pleased with. Anyone able to help me out here?

Screenshot_lamborghini_diablo_gt1_stradale_masduclos_28-5-120-1-19-7.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to adjust flames with the flames.ini and flame_presets.ini, yet I don't have a clue what some things do. I'm trying to make the flames shorter, last shorter and decrease the frequency at which they appear. I'd like to know what the different variables in these .ini's mean to get the result I am pleased with. Anyone able to help me out here?

Been ages since I messed with this but I've got this in the HEADER section of the Bugatti flames.ini for brief, smaller flames. I didn't touch flame_presets, just played with these values until I got something reasonable:

BURN_FUEL_MULT=10 ; flame's lifetime: low number = shorter lifetime
FLASH_THRESHOLD=11 ; from 0 to 10, the big flames appear only if the current gas/rpm/other stuff total is > of this threshold. With 11 there are no big flames.

There's a BACKFIRE section in sounds.ini too, I think MAXGAS and TRIGGERGAS affect when flames appear but, as I say, it's been ages so I might be wrong and that just affects the sound.

I'm trying to export stuff from Blender to the ksEditor. Often times it just crashes and the log file doesn't make sense. Sometimes it works (mostly depending on which objects I export; as if FBX/ksEditor doesn't like multi user objects?), but then sometimes my materials (not just textures, the actual materials) get all mixed up.
It happens both on exporting 'only selected objects', and on exporting 'active collection'.

In Blender:
Object A has material 1
Object B has material 2

in ksEditor:
Object A and B have material 2

I'm quite sure I've read about this happening to other people. Any clues?

I'm trying to export stuff from Blender to the ksEditor. Often times it just crashes and the log file doesn't make sense. Sometimes it works (mostly depending on which objects I export; as if FBX/ksEditor doesn't like multi user objects?), but then sometimes my materials (not just textures, the actual materials) get all mixed up.
It happens both on exporting 'only selected objects', and on exporting 'active collection'.

In Blender:
Object A has material 1
Object B has material 2

in ksEditor:
Object A and B have material 2

I'm quite sure I've read about this happening to other people. Any clues?
somehow this issue did not turn up yet with my current project, which was 100% done in Blender 2.8. I've read on the ACM forums that some users fixed weird issues with objects made in older versions by briefly joining them with simple new 2.8 objects, then deleting the new mesh again. No idea what that could change, but it may be worth a try

somehow this issue did not turn up yet with my current project, which was 100% done in Blender 2.8. I've read on the ACM forums that some users fixed weird issues with objects made in older versions by briefly joining them with simple new 2.8 objects, then deleting the new mesh again. No idea what that could change, but it may be worth a try

Just some additional stuff from me; my track project has been done entirely in Blender 2.8x and I still have KSEditor issues with multi-user objects. I've been importing into 2.79 to export the FBX but temporarily joining them and not saving it like Lilski suggests sounds like an easier route.

Not necessarily relevant but another way blender fbx can wind up with wrong materials is if your object has unused material slots. In 2.8 you get it via this dropdown arrow
Hd0XB2d.png

I believe specifically the bug will always move to higher materials on the list (eg. if first slot is unused, second slot's material will use the first)

Not necessarily relevant but another way blender fbx can wind up with wrong materials is if your object has unused material slots. In 2.8 you get it via this dropdown arrow
Hd0XB2d.png

I believe specifically the bug will always move to higher materials on the list (eg. if first slot is unused, second slot's material will use the first)

I was wondering if this was a thing.

Is it possible to auto delete unused materials from a scene, as well?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.