AC Modding Questions Thread

I don't think I've been rigorous enough with the code / exports and the values don't match up exactly, but now that I know to swap Y and Z it'll help. Thanks!

Ayyy, once more, it's me. I searched and haven't found a good solution to my problem.
1585404147140.png

It's in heavy WIP, obviously. What would you recommend me to do to fix the shader issue there ? The exterior part of the headlight reflection ignore the rest of the car. (There is some plastic behind the glass, it's really reflecting through some meshes there.)

Also I managed to get a somehow right feeling on the antenna wobbly bit, there is still a problem I can't get my head around but I'll probably create a thread dedicated to wobbly bits.

Thanks in advance. :)

Ayyy, once more, it's me. I searched and haven't found a good solution to my problem.
View attachment 358224
It's in heavy WIP, obviously. What would you recommend me to do to fix the shader issue there ? The exterior part of the headlight reflection ignore the rest of the car. (There is some plastic behind the glass, it's really reflecting through some meshes there.)

Also I managed to get a somehow right feeling on the antenna wobbly bit, there is still a problem I can't get my head around but I'll probably create a thread dedicated to wobbly bits.

Thanks in advance. :)
for the light shader
well it's always been the case, the reflection showing outside even tho you are inside a car.
Now with shader patch, you could find some solutions in the extension options
but i can't tell you more cause i don't know much!
Just that Ilja added an environment reflection of the whole car, for example on the Caterham he added that, which works well on the chrome headlight showing the car :)

as for the shaking part check here, look for " Shaking Parts while driving "

for the light shader
well it's always been the case, the reflection showing outside even tho you are inside a car.
Now with shader patch, you could find some solutions in the extension options
but i can't tell you more cause i don't know much!
Just that Ilja added an environment reflection of the whole car, for example on the Caterham he added that, which works well on the chrome headlight showing the car :)

as for the shaking part check here, look for " Shaking Parts while driving "

The C15 already has a shaking exhaust thanks to this exact post, the Wobbly Bit that I'm talking about is a _real_ jiggle bone feature present in the CSP and there is next to zero information on it, I'll probably post a video of it soon enough. Thank you :)

Hey all I'm having a weird skin problem,

I'm using Content Manager to generate and save the AO Map for glass, body parts, etc, but it is saving them as blank files. Opening them in photoshop is just a transparent layer to the set resolution I chose.

This wasn't a problem before my PC died and a built a new one, fresh install, etc. So I'm hoping that I just am missing something?

Should note that I'm trying to save the files as dds.

Here is where I got the dds plugin for photoshop: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter

EDIT/ Okay well that issue aside, I can just save as a png and then use that to save as dds. Now to figure out how this updated dds plugin works as it's much different from the version I remember.

Last edited:
Hi all!
Complete noobie in the world of creating mods.
I am a member of a Formula Student team, and during this quarantine my goal is to create a mod of our car for Assetto Corsa. The physics are done, and now it´s time to create the 3D model.
We obviously have the CAD of the car in Solidworks... Has anyone exported a car model from Solid to Assetto? And what is the process? I can´t find any info online but I know other teams have done this with relative ease.
Best regards!

Hi all!
Complete noobie in the world of creating mods.
I am a member of a Formula Student team, and during this quarantine my goal is to create a mod of our car for Assetto Corsa. The physics are done, and now it´s time to create the 3D model.
We obviously have the CAD of the car in Solidworks... Has anyone exported a car model from Solid to Assetto? And what is the process? I can´t find any info online but I know other teams have done this with relative ease.
Best regards!
you can't easily straight convert from CAD to polygon model, as it will mostly result in polygon models with ridiculous poly numbers (>1 million) that are impossible to UV map and use economicaly ingame. But it depends on the CAD tool you used.
I had some good results with exporting from CATIA in wrl format, which imported into Blender resulted in a mix of plane and spline files which could be joined and had reasonable poly numbers
1.jpg

(old project that never went anywhere. the selected mesh was straight from CATIA)

2.jpg

(this tho was a nightmare and pretty much impossible to work with. From a commissioned project. Never found out which tool it was exported from)

Your best bet would be importing it in some way to 3DSMax or Blender, and then use that imported model to make a new clean poly model of, by just using the imported one as a template

Hello everyone, new to assetto corsa. I've looked and looked and looked, but I am looking for a KERS or nitrous feature.

Is there a simple piece of code I can add under "advanced tuning" in the Car Tuner program to give this feature to a car?

you can't easily straight convert from CAD to polygon model, as it will mostly result in polygon models with ridiculous poly numbers (>1 million) that are impossible to UV map and use economicaly ingame. But it depends on the CAD tool you used.
I had some good results with exporting from CATIA in wrl format, which imported into Blender resulted in a mix of plane and spline files which could be joined and had reasonable poly numbersView attachment 359974
(old project that never went anywhere. the selected mesh was straight from CATIA)

View attachment 359976
(this tho was a nightmare and pretty much impossible to work with. From a commissioned project. Never found out which tool it was exported from)

Your best bet would be importing it in some way to 3DSMax or Blender, and then use that imported model to make a new clean poly model of, by just using the imported one as a template

I may get lucky as the 3D models we use for CFD aero simulations have far less polygons than the CAD and those can be imported into Blender. Nevertheless, I will probably do what you said regarding using the model as a template rather than the final result

Anyone know if there's a way to stop driver's heads disappearing when using Shader Patch, it seems to be a bug or a glitch in Shader Patch as it doesn't happen in standard AC but I wondered if anyone's found a workaround.

You can see it on the second corner in this video below but it's also present on the grid, not sure if it's LOD-related or just distance related but beyond a certain point everyone gets decapitated:

Anyone know if there's a way to stop driver's heads disappearing when using Shader Patch, it seems to be a bug or a glitch in Shader Patch as it doesn't happen in standard AC but I wondered if anyone's found a workaround.
I believe it's the "lod distance multiplier" that has the bug, turn that section off or set to 100%.

I believe it's the "lod distance multiplier" that has the bug, turn that section off or set to 100%.

Is that under 'Graphic Adjustments'? Tried playing with that, disabling options, moving the slider between the lowest, 100%, and the highest, and then turning the whole section off completely but no joy.

Then please try to disable "limit some thing if there are a lot of cars" on the General page, and "Custom LODs impl" if it stil fails. On the Graphics Adjustments page, untick any "Force..." on LOD settings too, while leaving it at 100%.

Then please try to disable "limit some thing if there are a lot of cars" on the General page, and "Custom LODs impl" if it stil fails. On the Graphics Adjustments page, untick any "Force..." on LOD settings too, while leaving it at 100%.

I hoped that might do it but still no joy. I even tried disabling everything but the patch itself and still half the grid is headless.

The strangest thing is that it'll only happen when a certain amount of cars are on screen. After the 40s mark, you'll see the the heads go amiss only until the last cars start to disappear into the corner (maybe only 20 helmets for the last cars will render?), hence my suggestion about the "limit some things'" option which unfortunately didn't work.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 547 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 345 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 364 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 184 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 26.9%
Back