AC Modding Questions Thread

Ok one last thing to fix, How can I make the SUSP_LF and WHEEL_LF look lik the 3D model?

1662543982842.png

It should look like this, and I have reset the transform of the component inside SUSP_LF and WHEEL_LF so that they are all at coordinate 0.0.0

1662544055739.png

But in game there's a gap between them and I don't know why

1662544090137.png

In suspensions.ini there's a
[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]
WHEEL_LF=0.01 ;Left front graphical offset of the wheel positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement
SUSP_LF=0.01 ;Left front graphical offset of the suspension positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement
WHEEL_RF=-0.01 ; Right front as above
SUSP_RF=-0.01 ; Right front as above
WHEEL_LR=-0.005 ; Left rear as above
SUSP_LR=-0.005 ; Left rear as above
WHEEL_RR=0.005 ; Right rear as above
SUSP_RR=0.005 ; Right rear as above

maybe that helps.

[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]
WHEEL_LF=0.01 ;Left front graphical offset of the wheel positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement
SUSP_LF=0.01 ;Left front graphical offset of the suspension positioning in the x axis (width). + is left - is right movement

maybe that helps.
Thanks, I already found it since, but since we're dealing with that do you know how to change the tyre radius in the ini so that the tyre doesn't go below the ground? I tried editing it but I don't see any difference in showroom when I use align with data

[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]

maybe that helps.
One warning remark on this, the CM showroom interprets these incorrectly, if you have different values in WHEEL_LF and SUSP_LF the showroom will not look the same as the game. (iirc the brake caliper moves with WHEEL offset in the showroom, SUSP in the game)

One warning remark on this, the CM showroom interprets these incorrectly, if you have different values in WHEEL_LF and SUSP_LF the showroom will not look the same as the game. (iirc the brake caliper moves with WHEEL offset in the showroom, SUSP in the game)
Thanks for the warning. At least it didn't give me much problem and I was able to do it.

Side note, do you know which point only move up and down in space for the susp_LF?

I wanted to put my DIR_ at the origin of SUSP_LF thinking that when the wheel rotate left and right it won't make the origin move left and right, but despite that when I turn my wheel left, the suspension move along.

How can i set my DIR_ point so that it only follows the tyre up and down?

The SUSP_LF moves according to the suspension geometry, so it depends what suspensions.ini says. Normally for DWB it's best to just have the model and the geometry be identical.

One quick question: I just want to create an Assetto Corsa app with python, but I need a couple of libraries which are not included in the assetto corsa python native version. I need numpy and pandas. Could anyone tell me please how I can add these libraries to my app and make it work? When i create apps without external libraries app works fine, but as soon as I import numpy, app does not appear in the screen, it crashes internally because python does not have numpy installed. The issue is that python is a dll inside assetto corsa so i do not know where nd how to add the library.

Please I need help, I have search a lot in different forums websites and still do not know how to do it.

Thank you in advance!!

I use blender to translate a pmx model into a fbx one ,but when I put it in kseditor ,the editor crashed ,I wonder why it happened and how to solve it.

Hi! So quick question.

I am currently developing a few Formula Student cone tracks for private use within the team. One of the things I'd like to have is the ability to detect when the car has gone over the edge of the track, even if it is just 1 tyre, and invalidate laps accordingly.

I know on online servers this is something you can change with a setting, and select how many tyres can be off the track before the lap is invalidated. Offline however, you are able to go off the circuit with 2 tyres by default and there doesn't seem to be any way to change this value in settings.

My question is, what file inside the game contains this information? Is it an accessible value? Can I add a file to the "data" folder of the track which overlaps the default value (similar to the surfaces.ini, that allows you to override the values of the 4 default surfaces)

Any help is appreciated, I don't want to have to open an online server any time we carry out any sort of session

Hi! So quick question.

I am currently developing a few Formula Student cone tracks for private use within the team. One of the things I'd like to have is the ability to detect when the car has gone over the edge of the track, even if it is just 1 tyre, and invalidate laps accordingly.

I know on online servers this is something you can change with a setting, and select how many tyres can be off the track before the lap is invalidated. Offline however, you are able to go off the circuit with 2 tyres by default and there doesn't seem to be any way to change this value in settings.

My question is, what file inside the game contains this information? Is it an accessible value? Can I add a file to the "data" folder of the track which overlaps the default value (similar to the surfaces.ini, that allows you to override the values of the 4 default surfaces)

Any help is appreciated, I don't want to have to open an online server any time we carry out any sort of session
Also read the linked source of reason of making the app:

Last edited:
Hey so I wanted to do something funny and try to add 2 cockpit dash which would display sponsors dynamically (for the mclaren)

So far I know how to add the LCD object, the empty which would put the location of the sponsor on the dash, but I'm not sure how I would go for it to actually display a sponsor png.

Can anyone tell me how to load a png on a dash like it is a speed meter or gear meter ? Thanks

Hello,
maybe I didn't understand CSP well, but this happens to me:
I create 2 simple meshes, one rear and one front which will be the lights that will flash in PIT, I assign the "ksPerPixelReflection" shader and a chromatic texture to it.
The links are separate, one is called eg. Light_PIT_Front and the other Light_PIT_Back.
in light.ini I create the 2 scripts to activate them.
now when I enter the pits the rear light reflects on the ground and against the surrounding objects, while the front light turns on, but it has no reflection on the ground and anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
Can someone help me?

Have a question about 3DSim and KSeditor. I have a track that's inside a stadium, and that has several lights in it. When I put my track through KSeditor in multiple FBX's, and spit out 1 KN5, in game, my stadium and the ground are invisible, and my track and lights are visible and working.
However, If I take those same FBX files and put them through KSEDITOR and create a single KN5 for each FBX, then use 3Dsim to combine those KN5's into a single KN5, then everything is visible EXCEPT my lights and no lights work.
At a loss as to what to try next at this point. Any recommendations?

You should be doing 1 fbx to 1 kn5 with kseditor, as many times as needed, then use the track layout.ini to tell it to load all of them (only requirement the game has is the 1st one must be named the same as the track folder). don't use 3dsimed at any point.

Last edited:
You should be doing 1 fbx to 1 kn5 with kseditor, as many times as needed, then use the track layout.ini to tell it to load all of them (only requirement the game has is the 1st one must be named the same as the track folder). don't use 3dsimed at any point.
That would be perfect . Where can I learn how to correctly format the layout.ini? I've never created one before

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 86 30.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 61 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 36 12.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%