AC Modding Questions Thread

Anything more travel than it'll actually do is fine, yeah. I believe if you exceed that, the wheel just stops at one end of the animation's range while the physics keeps going.

You probably just want to animate with constraints to make things work right. How I did it is the lower arm has rigged animation (rotates +-10 degrees from 0), then the hub is constrained so its lower balljoint is on that arm, and the upper arm is constrained to fit with the rest.

Mesh doesn't matter, things that are animated (which should be empties) should have their axes set up so they match the main direction of rotation. It just makes the animation smoother. (eg. keyframe from 0 0 0 rotation to 45 0 0 will just go linearly the way you'd expect, 0 0 0 to 23 10 70 not so much)

Last edited:
Anything more travel than it'll actually do is fine, yeah. I believe if you exceed that, the wheel just stops at one end of the animation's range while the physics keeps going.

You probably just want to animate with constraints to make things work right. How I did it is the lower arm has rigged animation (rotates +-10 degrees from 0), then the hub is constrained so its lower balljoint is on that arm, and the upper arm is constrained to fit with the rest.

Mesh doesn't matter, things that are animated (which should be empties) should have their axes set up so they match the main direction of rotation. It just makes the animation smoother. (eg. keyframe from 0 0 0 rotation to 45 0 0 will just go linearly the way you'd expect, 0 0 0 to 23 10 70 not so much)

Thanks mate!

Since the post, I think I've got the bulk of the left side animations done; just need to do the steering rack up front and the halfshafts in the rear.

Is there an easy way to replicate the animations to the other side, or do I need to rdo it all manually over there?

Hmm... The animation looks fine in Blender, but in the editor it's a bit borked. The only thing that moves in my front suspension is the steering rod, nothing else does. In the CM showroom, with 'align using data' selected the upright teleports into the middle of the wheel. =/

Is there a more "step by step" guide to this anywhere? I feel like I did some things out of order maybe? It's also a bit difficult to tell what the hierarchy should be; what exactly should be parented to what, etc. I can't make sense of most of the pipeline doc; I feel like some information is either missing or it assumes you have a more intimate knowledge of animating than I do...

Last edited:
Thanks mate!

Since the post, I think I've got the bulk of the left side animations done; just need to do the steering rack up front and the halfshafts in the rear.

Is there an easy way to replicate the animations to the other side, or do I need to rdo it all manually over there?

Hmm... The animation looks fine in Blender, but in the editor it's a bit borked. The only thing that moves in my front suspension is the steering rod, nothing else does. In the CM showroom, with 'align using data' selected the upright teleports into the middle of the wheel. =/

Is there a more "step by step" guide to this anywhere? I feel like I did some things out of order maybe? It's also a bit difficult to tell what the hierarchy should be; what exactly should be parented to what, etc. I can't make sense of most of the pipeline doc; I feel like some information is either missing or it assumes you have a more intimate knowledge of animating than I do...
pff I did this ages ago, I could PM you files from my Audi which used those keyframe animations plus some DIR_ stuff for the steering links. Best hit me up some time this afternoon as I'm at work right now. But yeah you can't just mirror it I think.

I had issues with "borked animation" that went away when I went from Blender 2.8 to 3.+, plus I use Stereo's ksanim exporter plugin which makes testing a whole lot faster.

Good day everyone, I recently swapped to a new GPU and ever since then, I can't generate AO maps. It goes to "preparing to preview" then freezes and crashes. Everything else works like a charm, no artifacts, no issues no nothing.

Switched from a rx580 4gb to a 6600xt 6gb.
Any ideas?

Someone mentioned a similar situation on csp discord with a 6650xt. I had no answer on a suggestion you could still try:

If on >=22.5.2 drivers + navi2, try reverting to 22.5.1 or even sooner, as the latest optional drivers are from a new branch that is causing more issues than usual. You can also try temporarily reverting to the previous feb 22' stable cm, if on current jun 10 pre-release.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned a similar situation on csp discord with a 6650xt. I had no answer on a suggestion you could still try:

If on >=22.5.2 drivers + navi2, try reverting to 22.5.1 or even sooner, as the latest optional drivers are from a new branch that is causing more issues than usual. You can also try temporarily reverting to the previous feb 22' stable cm, if on current jun 10 pre-release.
im on 22.6.1 also could you send me an invite to the csp discord?

fixed today, went back to 22.5.1 and it works okay

I'm at my witt's end with this thing. Does anyone have any info on why the suspension animations just simply don't work?

It all looks perfect in Blender, but the only thing in the suspension that animates is the last one or two items that were given keyframes (sometimes the thing that actually moves changes when I reexport the animation, sometimes it doesn't). Front tires "steer" endlessly, with their steering speed determined by steering lock.

I've exported with Blender's native FBX exported (from 2.83), tried Stereo's .ksanim exported, and tried 'better fbx exporter' and it doesn't work with any of them. The first two act the same, the last one completely borks the positions of everything on export.

Everything is fine in Blender. Animations look fine, and as far as I can tell they're setup correctly. What should I be looking for here?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-24 070044.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-24 070044.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Can anyone help me align the mfd to the wheel display. Cheers.
1658833831363.png

Attachments

• 20220726-123847-miseluk-vrc_formula_alpha_2022_mercedes.jpg
    20220726-123847-miseluk-vrc_formula_alpha_2022_mercedes.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 59
Hi!

I'm getting started on modding and I would like to change the racesuit of my driver. I've managed to change the car texture and the helmet, but the driver's arms are still on the original color.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all

I've got a question; we're working on a mod car and one of our beta testers reported an issue with the automatic shifting. The car goes from first to second perfectly fine, but when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it struggles. It looks as if the game wants to hit 85kmh to shift to third, while the car only hits 75kmh when in 2nd. 3rd to 4th is fine again, and AI seems to be unaffected as well.

RPM values (within ai.ini and drivetrain.ini) seem to be fine (at/under the car's max rpm). Raising the max RPM value in ai.ini did make the game wait longer until trying to shift, but at 6500rpm (of 6500) the car maxes out at said 75kmh. From that point the game keeps trying to shift until the car actually hits 85kmh (by going downhill for example).

Has anyone got an idea what can cause this glitch? Or where to look?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hey guys, I'm trying to do a custom helmet model for the driver model, and it works fine on the driver itself, but in game the helmet is rotated by 90°. How can I solve this? Thanks
The driver
View attachment 595383

ingame
View attachment 595384
make sure to reset transformation of your object
depending on which software you use...
look for "reset xform" if 3dsmax, else i don't know
and/ or rotate the pivot point correctly

Last edited:
Greetings! I had a problem with ksEditor. It crashes after I add brake discs to the car via 3DSimED3. After looking at some of the cars, I noticed that these disks are materials there. However, I don't understand how to do it. Help me, please.
(I'm new to all this and don't know a lot of things)

View attachment 595557

One more last issue, the driver face is not part of the driver. It's up and doen't move

View attachment 595558
Normall the hierarchy is correct,

View attachment 595559
But for some reason it's treated as an object

Does anyone know why?
that's hierarchy
yours does look different than the screenshot below (which i believe is from the PDF guide from kunos ?)

so basically, (not sure why you have 2 "face") but it needs to be under (child of) driver:driver, just like the bottom one
in other words, driver:driver is the parent
1661768008510.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back