AC Modding Questions Thread

Not a valid skin folder name so that would cause issues, they need to be all lowercase letters, numbers, and underscores.

I guess INSERT_AFTER is not optional after all also.

Not a valid skin folder name so that would cause issues, they need to be all lowercase letters, numbers, and underscores.

I guess INSERT_AFTER is not optional after all also.
Thanks for helping me work through this. I changed skins folder name and added an INSERT_AFTER. I may not be selecting correct "object"/item as the target of insert after?
In any case, still does nothing, i.e. doesn't hide mesh and doesn't insert .kn5

My ext_config.ini:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT]​
FILE=mclaren_m1b.kn5​
HIDE=ac_m1b_body_1_SUB3​
INSERT=m1b_wing.kn5​
INSERT_AFTER=ac_m1b_body_1​
SKINS=72_jeff_jones​

The .ini file is within cars/ac_legends_m1b/extension

Contents of cars/ac_legends_m1b
m1b-2.jpg

tree structure of the model
m1b-1.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, so I've made good progress on the car (thanks for the help Ryno), but now I have 2 new problems:
- Some of my materials don't show up on ksEditor. I've defined them & named them in Blender, but I'm guessing the issue is in the names themselves. Anyone know where's the problem & what I should avoid?
- Some of my geometry is invisible everywhere: in ksEditor, CM Showroom & ingame (for example, my front splitter is gone). No idea what's wrong here. My windows & diffuser are a bit weird as well (transparent at certain angles), might be related.

Okay, so I've made good progress on the car (thanks for the help Ryno), but now I have 2 new problems:
- Some of my materials don't show up on ksEditor. I've defined them & named them in Blender, but I'm guessing the issue is in the names themselves. Anyone know where's the problem & what I should avoid?
- Some of my geometry is invisible everywhere: in ksEditor, CM Showroom & ingame (for example, my front splitter is gone). No idea what's wrong here. My windows & diffuser are a bit weird as well (transparent at certain angles), might be related.

There's a few reasons some materials might not show up in the editor. Off the top of my head:

- if you're using a version of Blender newer than 2.79, they removed the old binary FBX export and the newer one does not like "multi user data" (objects that are duplicated linked, so they're instances of each other, rather than copies). If you have any of those in your scene, you'll have to make them unique objects
- If you have multiple materials on the same object, make sure that you've properly applied them to the correct faces of the object. The editor will split these into multiple objects automatically. I have seen, though, that sometimes this doesn't work as intended. Best practice would be to have only one material on an object, just to be sure.

For the invisible geometry, it's likely a normals issue. In Blender, you can turn on "face orientation" or "backface culling" to see the direction of the normals. AC does not use double-sided faces, so if your faces have their normals pointing in the wrong direction you will not see the model. The 'face orientation' visualization shows blue for the main side of the face, and red for the back side of the face. Backface culling just acts like AC, with the back side being invisible.

There's a few reasons some materials might not show up in the editor. Off the top of my head:

- if you're using a version of Blender newer than 2.79, they removed the old binary FBX export and the newer one does not like "multi user data" (objects that are duplicated linked, so they're instances of each other, rather than copies). If you have any of those in your scene, you'll have to make them unique objects
- If you have multiple materials on the same object, make sure that you've properly applied them to the correct faces of the object. The editor will split these into multiple objects automatically. I have seen, though, that sometimes this doesn't work as intended. Best practice would be to have only one material on an object, just to be sure.
To add to this, sometimes when an object has unused material slots, ksEditor (or FBX exporter) still wants to use it. So make sure you purge the unused ones if you encounter any problems.

• Deleted member 223075

Hi,

7lsx.jpg

I tried many things with CSP config to remove these numbers on front wheels but nothing work. I also used blank dds but still present. Any ideas to remove/hide them ?

What i tried :

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES =
IS_ACTIVE = 1
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
ACTIVE=1
FILE=xxxx.kn5
HIDE=

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=example
MATERIALS = THE_MATERIAL ; name case matters here!
PROP_...=ksEmissive,0.3 ; higher is brighter

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, I encountered a weird problem I have never seen before.

So I made a skin for the Lexus RC F GT3 mod by Element1999, and I changed the color of the rims to red. I created a .dds file for it. Everything is fine in the showrooms, as you can see:
ARUYLXP2pUlfIDFcT0cT0skiWlM66p6jAzKXWUWWM02SEWB0BNGmjvtmxbl1hXWAyAJ_4ZCWE4Yontn0il9j49M6bolafRqHvmcApaA1uguYLzkkqlbSHTZkE8EruoIcQU_fmwxYdstW-FGg2dMFazVNwrESXQVXH0SvSuAWUWOPKyYCgEL_4ebnQo6qotpfbWwNJ0UggjAke3hyu1ku60iQqXKUfuap5ZKw7wGMpxYm-IZVHR8hG7rUqEToZr_7zQyjMlk7drtlqlTQ7xqdoUILPtebxSoHt9zqFK8ZVl4Drbf-dOl0F7wIzPtLiYmkAk9U9A3wFIqcKtgtXoGTyeTiU1AKWle6j-mZcEsbGtcZJYlV-vFcC3MdWbVbXmEsbZKrxXu_Hbsph9ZRarzk1KoF-c34bKu2y4bDvJfbpCEmPT5UT9KXVH2r_JwjjSGHG1Ky3yYZlNDdtIIAVkTrkD0qHmLiXPjxze38KG-rxNEUHWMZoMNFc_X-TP6QTNZYQlbo8cmud0zkWMCiE-Skm1n6GAkmMrcjrx2pnfIrZZBDmqz3KdqNpe-U-ld_f0BU5bP0nYo7yM2wu4s_QbVwxDSgm8ob3qRbYBS8lfkrWNuW2KW2PNDvpnvCilcAqau5KZM8BO77I1hLfidnERHa--3o2qCvnjLXbjsqImUCvD-KCTZKPDyGSqhA5ZoldAo6ajnfdOgBVs0TJx239gaT_5fGIyWTlAdZ9UH-2lCRhQ182EPwBmTEbufnCoFBWw=w1022-h575-no

But when on the track, it looks black, as it is on default skins:
JscSJX_X5m6dkciXnVKxQ3D9s3rBOc78M2pQZ9xkP0vAi50lcNXb3BcYLj2gg9BBRtcAEKAK4y0-sZyU8VYXZAAva7IruraWvhhOlX6eyhjoRPCDQmMcVwawN6I7PmYmEd8Ez3jLaFD1CVcUBj4fV7Uq5LjbxJPPHVcvNeMwP8ZlawiRWVP1n7uLJhDx6PeOSuKSjz-owjErKbJc8-mJNMofAYy5Xm0y6_UK8L_rv0dZVFAlmNPmaN4QgTCJlkvKH0vIJEt8dxVK1pFLt6Z5fhGmVistoZi-OLCaX8rdTbOKHBYOxlqfTl0DY3a-tDZrk5ViqvumdYuy1ewFKXVnvT8PdR5daGiCdZcAfG_WGpEp5kV4l9f180BihiPrBFmB2TRFUsNbKm8-rrhJtJmt8X_6znPY1zqOB9JH6Pi4cCGtqdcZGyyZKQeM0lS7r-S26-ylc-V8KIN37KoDLvgT8T81zJsaNSSwrEgueTRYuz9zK4YYaTvDevoOKEz9UeX7Wq17szJEbKOOyqhVzE4a56p_mSRKxDte78Iqugn_7w-SwtQnFh2RKV-v25JG5Zl_AetQHx3AeMcwk-ZIa9qFrW_c_N5IXtfe7NnB6NjyxRjMFs7avnHjIQ6loTNKNu2bCXGbYImkqtONGVUXTA8jKtx_Rf8wRukCaV_zU6NZ2NgmcbNYHwYaOBlN0vsYjnJ4sB4gOHWY204NRCb0Z_SbMMNB77w9-hp2V-gipJZB86jraiN73jJNFzgPV7NGHA=w1698-h955-no

Not only the blurred rim, also the standing one.

Can anyone figure out what's wrong?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this post doesn't belong here!

Hey everyone, I encountered a weird problem I have never seen before.

So I made a skin for the Lexus RC F GT3 mod by Element1999, and I changed the color of the rims to red. I created a .dds file for it. Everything is fine in the showrooms, as you can see:
ARUYLXP2pUlfIDFcT0cT0skiWlM66p6jAzKXWUWWM02SEWB0BNGmjvtmxbl1hXWAyAJ_4ZCWE4Yontn0il9j49M6bolafRqHvmcApaA1uguYLzkkqlbSHTZkE8EruoIcQU_fmwxYdstW-FGg2dMFazVNwrESXQVXH0SvSuAWUWOPKyYCgEL_4ebnQo6qotpfbWwNJ0UggjAke3hyu1ku60iQqXKUfuap5ZKw7wGMpxYm-IZVHR8hG7rUqEToZr_7zQyjMlk7drtlqlTQ7xqdoUILPtebxSoHt9zqFK8ZVl4Drbf-dOl0F7wIzPtLiYmkAk9U9A3wFIqcKtgtXoGTyeTiU1AKWle6j-mZcEsbGtcZJYlV-vFcC3MdWbVbXmEsbZKrxXu_Hbsph9ZRarzk1KoF-c34bKu2y4bDvJfbpCEmPT5UT9KXVH2r_JwjjSGHG1Ky3yYZlNDdtIIAVkTrkD0qHmLiXPjxze38KG-rxNEUHWMZoMNFc_X-TP6QTNZYQlbo8cmud0zkWMCiE-Skm1n6GAkmMrcjrx2pnfIrZZBDmqz3KdqNpe-U-ld_f0BU5bP0nYo7yM2wu4s_QbVwxDSgm8ob3qRbYBS8lfkrWNuW2KW2PNDvpnvCilcAqau5KZM8BO77I1hLfidnERHa--3o2qCvnjLXbjsqImUCvD-KCTZKPDyGSqhA5ZoldAo6ajnfdOgBVs0TJx239gaT_5fGIyWTlAdZ9UH-2lCRhQ182EPwBmTEbufnCoFBWw=w1022-h575-no

But when on the track, it looks black, as it is on default skins:
JscSJX_X5m6dkciXnVKxQ3D9s3rBOc78M2pQZ9xkP0vAi50lcNXb3BcYLj2gg9BBRtcAEKAK4y0-sZyU8VYXZAAva7IruraWvhhOlX6eyhjoRPCDQmMcVwawN6I7PmYmEd8Ez3jLaFD1CVcUBj4fV7Uq5LjbxJPPHVcvNeMwP8ZlawiRWVP1n7uLJhDx6PeOSuKSjz-owjErKbJc8-mJNMofAYy5Xm0y6_UK8L_rv0dZVFAlmNPmaN4QgTCJlkvKH0vIJEt8dxVK1pFLt6Z5fhGmVistoZi-OLCaX8rdTbOKHBYOxlqfTl0DY3a-tDZrk5ViqvumdYuy1ewFKXVnvT8PdR5daGiCdZcAfG_WGpEp5kV4l9f180BihiPrBFmB2TRFUsNbKm8-rrhJtJmt8X_6znPY1zqOB9JH6Pi4cCGtqdcZGyyZKQeM0lS7r-S26-ylc-V8KIN37KoDLvgT8T81zJsaNSSwrEgueTRYuz9zK4YYaTvDevoOKEz9UeX7Wq17szJEbKOOyqhVzE4a56p_mSRKxDte78Iqugn_7w-SwtQnFh2RKV-v25JG5Zl_AetQHx3AeMcwk-ZIa9qFrW_c_N5IXtfe7NnB6NjyxRjMFs7avnHjIQ6loTNKNu2bCXGbYImkqtONGVUXTA8jKtx_Rf8wRukCaV_zU6NZ2NgmcbNYHwYaOBlN0vsYjnJ4sB4gOHWY204NRCb0Z_SbMMNB77w9-hp2V-gipJZB86jraiN73jJNFzgPV7NGHA=w1698-h955-no

Not only the blurred rim, also the standing one.

Can anyone figure out what's wrong?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this post doesn't belong here!

Have a look to see if anything is being overwritten by an extensions file. Skin folder, car folder and extension folder could all contain one.

I've got a new problem with my car. In Blender & ksEditor the collider appears with the correct orientation, but it's rotated when I load it into AC. What's going on?
AC's kn5 reader is not entirely consistent, for colliders it skips some of the rotation information. You need to set it up so Blender's axes are the same as AC's (X left, Z forward, Y up) in the mesh coordinates. I think typically the easiest way to do this is set your 3d cursor to 0,0,0 (shift+S 1), rotate the object 90 around x (r x 90), then in edit mode rotate the mesh -90 ( r x 90-)

Hello all ! I'm literally new to AC. Being a Maximum Tune player before, I recently try to convert some of my favourite GTA mod to AC, but why It's only have head with proper position, but it doesn't have a proper hand and body size and position ??

What am I missing?... or what is wrong in my mod ??

Steps that I already done before :

1. I use Zmodeler 2 to re-edit my GTA SA mod, then I tried to re-rig it in Mixamo
2. I edit it again with 3DS max and export it to FBX, then export it to OBJ with Blender, and I edit that model again in Zmodeler 2
3. I use paid version of Content Manager to extract the 2016_Driver file to FBX format
4. Then I try to match the hand and foot and head position until it fit for AC with 3DS Max (I use some GTA SA Rigging trick, but without editing any envelopes), but I keep the AC 2016_Driver gloves (because I'm too lazy to edit the hand) and export that matched model to FBX
5. Then I open the FBx again in blender, and export it to FBX, and open that exported FBX to KsEditor and also edit the material in KsEditor, and export it to KN5 format
6. Finally it works, but with some weird bug

The Screenshots in GTA SA (this is the mod that I tried to convert into AC, I make the face with some AI tools, but for the hair I got it from some MMD mods, and I use Detroit Become Human 3D model for the body) :
Zj36pAh.jpg

TITBBl5.jpg

The Screenshots in AC (ingame), it looks screwed up btw :
gDa3GPo.png

3JBazPI.png

jtXtuwy.png

Also, is there a good tutorial on how I can make my own AC driver mod or edit the defaults ? Because I want to make a female driver in AC, but unfortunately I can't find any tutorial to make that :'(

Thanks,
Sean Oliveira

You save a lot of hassle by not trying to reuse anything of the AC driver. If you export your own skinned mesh and your own animations that go with it, they'll generally work together. If you have a working skinned mesh then you're already 95% of the way there. But if you want something that can be slotted in with existing animations you're in for a time cause the way bones work in whatever program generated them is different from how Blender wants it. AC doesn't care either way but the whole tree structure where each bone's end is connected to the next one's head is just not enough information. You'll need to twist & rotate every bone manually until it stops doing stupid stuff ingame, there's no template to copy.

Last edited:
How does one make a car RainFX compatible? As in, make the drops accumulate on the windscreen, as well as making the wiper work?

Specifically, I'm talking about this Ferrari 330 P4 (assetto - db com/car/ferrari_330p4), unfortunately no idea who was the original creator.

How does one make a car RainFX compatible? As in, make the drops accumulate on the windscreen, as well as making the wiper work?

Specifically, I'm talking about this Ferrari 330 P4 (assetto - db com/car/ferrari_330p4), unfortunately no idea who was the original creator.
on well made cars no extra setup is needed, CSP recognises what meshes uses the windshield shader and puts rain on those. Badly made mods often don't follow the SDK and use different shaders. You can replace those via CSP config, but I have no idea how.

Same with the wipers, if the car has wiper animation, the wiper will work correctly during rain.

AC's kn5 reader is not entirely consistent, for colliders it skips some of the rotation information. You need to set it up so Blender's axes are the same as AC's (X left, Z forward, Y up) in the mesh coordinates. I think typically the easiest way to do this is set your 3d cursor to 0,0,0 (shift+S 1), rotate the object 90 around x (r x 90), then in edit mode rotate the mesh -90 ( r x 90-)
I haven't been able to get the colliders to cooperate, but I have noticed a potential problem area. I export my models twice (once from Blender as an fbx in order to open it with 3DSMax y re-export it with the correct fbx settings). Could that be causing problems?

I haven't been able to get the colliders to cooperate, but I have noticed a potential problem area. I export my models twice (once from Blender as an fbx in order to open it with 3DSMax y re-export it with the correct fbx settings). Could that be causing problems?

Why do you bother with exporting it again? You can go direct from Blender to the KSEditor.

on well made cars no extra setup is needed, CSP recognises what meshes uses the windshield shader and puts rain on those. Badly made mods often don't follow the SDK and use different shaders. You can replace those via CSP config, but I have no idea how.

Same with the wipers, if the car has wiper animation, the wiper will work correctly during rain.
Thanks. I've seen a few ext_config files doing pretty much that, just have to figure out what to replace with what.

Hi everyone:

Totally new to the modding world.

I want to put headlights from one car to another that has no lights (70's prototype). I think is the easier approach to do it?

So how to do it? I have 3dsimed, kunos editor and lately starting to poke with Blender. I was able to put
some raw and primitive lights to the car in 3dsimed, but had many graphical problems in game.

Any help please? :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea