AC Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys

I'm working on a car at the moment, and I've ran into a bit of an issue I have trouble solving.

What I'm noticing is that the FFB is off, there seems to be little input in corners (yet there is some) and in a straightline the steeringwheel is oscillating quite a bit. Has anyone got an idea in which area I should look to get this solved?

My thoughts have been around suspension, geometry and stuff like that, but so far I haven't had any luck. I thought maybe someone here has dealt with this issue before. Thanks a lot in advance!

I've not managed to fix my collider's orientation. I've tried everything: changing the axis in Blender, in 3ds Max, rotating the model in Blender... Nothing works! Can someone help me, please?

Edit: My brother the software engineer/genius solved it in 5 seconds: I never applied rotations. The collider works as intended now.

Last edited:
Recently started learning to mod some cars using 3dsmax for personal use. Everything goes fine from 3dsmax to kseditor but when I import the car into AC the window textures are messed up in game. Transparency and texture shows fine in showroom but in game it becomes opaque with messed up texture. Any idea what's causing this and how to go about fixing it?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-01 161525.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-01 161525.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 53
Hi guys

I'm working on a car at the moment, and I've ran into a bit of an issue I have trouble solving.

What I'm noticing is that the FFB is off, there seems to be little input in corners (yet there is some) and in a straightline the steeringwheel is oscillating quite a bit. Has anyone got an idea in which area I should look to get this solved?

My thoughts have been around suspension, geometry and stuff like that, but so far I haven't had any luck. I thought maybe someone here has dealt with this issue before. Thanks a lot in advance!
Ok, I can think on 2 possible solutions that worked for me:

If your car features a front Strut style suspension, you need the STRUT_TYRE value to match the WBTYRE_BOTTOM value (Kunos cars do this). I remember it was undriveable and the FFB was all over the place.

If this is not your case, I had a weird issue which was caused by the electronics.ini file. Having this file completely empty caused a really annoying oscillation on straights, even though the car didn't use any kind of electronic aids. I looked at one of the classic F1 cars, and noticed there was ABS and TC text, but simply disabled (so something like this:
[ABS]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.12
CURVE=
PRESENT=0
ACTIVE=0
RATE_HZ=240

[TRACTION_CONTROL]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.10
CURVE=
PRESENT=0
ACTIVE=0
RATE_HZ=120
MIN_SPEED_KMH=40)

Hope any of these 2 answers solves your issues :)

Last edited:
Hi all again.
Having a interesting situation here.

So making my latest FS car, I've notive an issue with the camber values. I have defined the static camber in 0 in the suspension.ini for testing purposes. However, when I load a session, the car status reveal the camber is in 0.7º, which is not what I'm looking for as you can imagine. Do you know what parameter can I use to tweak this? (I've played with Rod length and other values and it has some effect, but then I ruin other suspension parameters). This is an issue I haven't encountered with previous cars

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
The reason your camber doesn't match the static value in suspensions.ini is likely that your "zero design height" as Stefano called it isn't matching with your static height in game. The first step for solving that is to load the Telemetry dev app on the Suspension Travel page & load the car on a known flat track. (I use the skidpad or Stereo's test track, both available at RD for download.)

In the app, give the car time to settle and then note the travel on each axle - let's say 120 and 95mm F/R for an example. Step two is to take those numbers into suspensions.ini and set ROD_LENGTH accordingly - 0.120 front and 0.095 rear.

Now when you load into the game your static alignment should line up with your files, give or take a wee margin for error.

As for steering feel, the first things to check are caster and mechanical trail. Caster is easy (it's in the suspensions dev app) but trail is not. You can see it in CM's showroom, though, check 'suspensions' on the car tab and you'll get some geometry specs along with the graphic display.

Last edited:
aphidgod
thanks, helpful. I have a follow-up question (maybe a stupid question), let's say I set everything up on a test track, for example, I made the camber I needed +0.30 in front, and -1.0 in the back. loading into the Spa Kunos to ride, I have almost the same cambers, but loaded into the LAC Phoenix77 for example, I already have +0.65 in front, and -0.65 in the back. the question is, do I need to adjust the camber (bringing them to the desired +0.30 in front, and -1.0 in the rear), or these wrong cambers (+0.65 in front, and -0.65 in the rear) because the car is standing unevenly, on a slope, and insist do not need anything?

Yeah, that's why I suggested loading into a known-flat track for testing/setup purposes. The geometry of the suspension generates toe and camber changes as it articulates, so if you're on an uneven or sloped surface & have some static articulation, your numbers will change accordingly. All you're seeing at LAC is the effect of the car sitting on a slope.

The reason your camber doesn't match the static value in suspensions.ini is likely that your "zero design height" as Stefano called it isn't matching with your static height in game. The first step for solving that is to load the Telemetry dev app on the Suspension Travel page & load the car on a known flat track. (I use the skidpad or Stereo's test track, both available at RD for download.)

In the app, give the car time to settle and then note the travel on each axle - let's say 120 and 95mm F/R for an example. Step two is to take those numbers into suspensions.ini and set ROD_LENGTH accordingly - 0.120 front and 0.095 rear.

Now when you load into the game your static alignment should line up with your files, give or take a wee margin for error.

As for steering feel, the first things to check are caster and mechanical trail. Caster is easy (it's in the suspensions dev app) but trail is not. You can see it in CM's showroom, though, check 'suspensions' on the car tab and you'll get some geometry specs along with the graphic display.
Thank you so much for the detailed explaination! I had been trying to figure it out for hours with no success. I'm still 0.3º and 0.2º off, so I'll keep looking at it to see if I can make it match at last, but definitely a big jump. Is there anything else I can look for in order to align the remaining 0,2º or is this the margin we were talking of?

Last edited:
Doublecheck that your allowable range in setup.ini isn't constraining things. No matter what you put in the other files, the limits in setup.ini will override it if you're out of range.

Hi all, again :rolleyes:

Having plenty of issues with the driver animation.
So the wheel on the car I'm working on is at a 10º angle with respect of the perpendicular plane. However, the steering animation is still not aligned with the wheel, as it follows a fully vertical plane

I've tried a few methods and none with success:

-Import the driver_base.fbx and put him in the car (as the Kunos pipeline states. The animation is not aligned with the wheel angle)
-Load the car on the DriverRig.max and move the driver onto the car (whenever I move one of the Bips and load the animations, the bips reset and move all the driver)
-Load the car on the DriverRig.max and move the car so the main bip remains in position (same issue as before)

I suppose the key is using the driver rig, but I can't figure out what part of the driver model should remain "fixed" so when I load the animation is played, nothing gets reset.
Or maybe the driver_base.fbx works and I simply have to rotate a pivot or something like that.
Any help is appreciated, I can provide videos if needed :thumbsup:

Edit: Forgot to push the Auto key when editing the driver position. Nice one me. All working fine now

Last edited:
Ok, final question.

There's an issue that always bugs me about Assetto Corsa AI. So I've noticed that whenever I load a weekend session, the AI will ignore the fuel_cons.ini data for the race and follow the data gathered in practice. The issue I have is that they underfuel the car most of the time, so the field will go onto the pits with a few laps to go and completely ruin the race.

Is there a way to make the AI always rely on the fuel_cons.ini, or this is unfortunately a bug I can't work around?

Last edited:
I have recently experimented with rallycross in ac. Of course the biggest limitation here is the combined track surfaces. Ac can probably do a good tarmac tireand decent dirt tire. But not a tire that does both. A dirt tire is going to be dirt-like on tarmac and vice versa. I wonder if through shader patch and physics addon it might be able to get ac to switch between two tires based on some value, like surfaces.ini grip value, surface name or some other thing. Or some parameters of tire. That way it would switch to dirt tire when driving on dirt.

Ideally you could use such system for puddles too. I wonder if such thing is possible? In its current form the low grip tarmac physics don't really make dirt driving very fun in rwd cars.

Ok, final question.

There's an issue that always bugs me about Assetto Corsa AI. So I've noticed that whenever I load a weekend session, the AI will ignore the fuel_cons.ini data for the race and follow the data gathered in practice. The issue I have is that they underfuel the car most of the time, so the field will go onto the pits with a few laps to go and completely ruin the race.

Is there a way to make the AI always rely on the fuel_cons.ini, or this is unfortunately a bug I can't work around?
To expand on this, and hopefully provide more details:

In my case (maybe it's because the car I'm making has a tiny fuel tank, IDK), but on a weekend format, for the race (assume a short race, let's say 10 laps), they put let's say 2.5l for the event

The thing is, the AI maybe burns 2l on those 10 laps, the issue is that when they have less than 1l they go straight onto the pits, no matter what.

This issue only happens on weekend format. On a race with no practice or qualifying, they'll do the calculations based on the fuel_cons.ini (value I have modified on purpose so the AI don't underfuel) and everything goes smoothly. As far as I can tell, the values in car.ini only affect the actual consumption, which is something I don't want to change

So yeah, my question is if there's something I can do to either:
-force the AI to always follow fuel_cons.ini, even on weekend events.
-Avoid the AI to pit when they only have 1L on the tank

Okay, so I've finished my car, which is GT3-esque, but when I drive it, there just isn't enough rear grip. I can't just chuck it into corners like the ACC Bentley GT3 2018 (a car I used for reference). How can I give my car more rear grip?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back