Resource icon

Misc A Camtool approach from a non-Bathurst player 2020-05-16

Login or Register an account to download this content
hauff submitted a new resource:

A Camtool approach of a non-Bathurst player - Here's my take on Bathurst my least played track

Another camera set asked by the user publius in the thread bellow:

Track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst.8677/

Read more about this resource...

You need more work?:

Well, we have cams for the vanilla tracks (mostly 24 grids), but nothing for the modified but similar variants
for bigger grids. And the great LM`17 + `91 need your visit too, so:...

- Le Mans 2017 (non FM) with various layouts + 112 grid slot variant:

- Le Mans 1991 (Virtua LM or (?) Reboot Project)

- Nordschleife 60 grid +108 grid slot variants, very important VLN + 24h-layout:

- Spa 120 grid

You need more work?:

Well, we have cams for the vanilla tracks (mostly 24 grids), but nothing for the modified but similar variants
for bigger grids. And the great LM`17 + `91 need your visit too, so:...

- Le Mans 2017 (non FM) with various layouts + 112 grid slot variant:

- Le Mans 1991 (Virtua LM or (?) Reboot Project)

- Nordschleife 60 grid +108 grid slot variants, very important VLN + 24h-layout:

- Spa 120 grid
Haha thanks but that type of racing (120 cars, why?!?!) my graphics card doesn't like. Me neither.

Haha thanks but that type of racing (120 cars, why?!?!) my graphics card doesn't like. Me neither.

Off Course nobody can run 120 cars, that`s too much for every High-end CPU. But many people enjoy races without problems with more as 24 or 36 (in my case around 60) cars like me. For Endurance races a must have.

Is there a simply solution to adapt the camplay files from the vanilla tracks to the more grid variants?
I tried to rename files and so on, but off course no luck...

Off Course nobody can run 120 cars, that`s too much for every High-end CPU. But many people enjoy races without problems with more as 24 or 36 (in my case around 60) cars like me. For Endurance races a must have.

Is there a simply solution to adapt the camplay files from the vanilla tracks to the more grid variants?
I tried to rename files and so on, but off course no luck...
I managed to accomplish that in two not garanteed ways:

- Let's say we have a track with Layout A and Layout B (reverse). I make a camtool set for Layout A and it works fine if I rename it to Layout B. I say it's not garanteed, because, depending on the style of the cameras, the timing the car gets to each camera could be way off and show nothing. But sometimes it work!

- The other case is when you have two different track files, sometimes made by different creators. Ex.: Interlagos A and Interlagos B. Same layout but the name of the track is a little bit different, in that exemple the letter A and B. If you copy the camtool file and rename lets say interlagosA.json to interlagosB.json it works flawlesly. But it's not garanteed for every track. =/

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.