Do someone have a desperate need for replay cameras for a track? Let's go!

If you desperate need replay cams for a track that doesn't have it, and I find the track fun, I can do a Camtool set for free, just for the fun of it.
I already made some replay camera sets but now I'm looking for more good tracks that deserve it. Maybe you can help!

I'm sure that discovering good tracks and making replay cameras for them will help the community.

Count on me, lets go!

Some of the cameras I've done:

I think Thomson Road deserves better cams but might be difficult because of the close trees. We had a blast at this track in the last RD Event with the Audi S1 Rally...

I also like Aspertsham very much, so would love to have a set for this one too.

Just two suggestions mate.

Thanks very, very much for your kind offer!

I think Thomson Road deserves better cams but might be difficult because of the close trees. We had a blast at this track in the last RD Event with the Audi S1 Rally...

I also like Aspertsham very much, so would love to have a set for this one too.

Just two suggestions mate.

Thanks very, very much for your kind offer!

Thanks for replying Reik Major!

Actually Thomson Road has an extraordinary tvcam set already. I would like to help but I would like to know wha would you want differently? Maybe more broad fixed angle cams?

Aspertsham too has already 4 different amazing replay camera sets. It's awesome! Are you sure you already delighted with all of those sets? :) If not, what would you like the cameras to be?

Thanks for replying Reik Major!

Actually Thomson Road has an extraordinary tvcam set already. I would like to help but I would like to know wha would you want differently? Maybe more broad fixed angle cams?

Aspertsham too has already 4 different amazing replay camera sets. It's awesome! Are you sure you already delighted with all of those sets? :) If not, what would you like the cameras to be?

You're right. Both tracks already have good tv cams. I just thought, that camtool offers something different to put the action even in better light. So I just asked for the chance of getting an even better toy. ;)

But there's a new track called Cathedral Rock which only has one poor cam set. This would need some love. The track seems to be used in a future RD event, once a few flaws are fixed...

You're right. Both tracks already have good tv cams. I just thought, that camtool offers something different to put the action even in better light. So I just asked for the chance of getting an even better toy. ;)

But there's a new track called Cathedral Rock which only has one poor cam set. This would need some love. The track seems to be used in a future RD event, once a few flaws are fixed...
It's a pleasure talking to such a nice person! I'm at work right now, but in the evening all take a look for sure! Thanks again for contribuiting to this thread!

There you go my friend! Thanks once again for taking part!

WOW! That was fast man.

Will watch it this evening, when I'm at home and definitely leave a rating and a comment in the download section.

I downloaded one of your posts for replay files. Quick question on your replay camera files you create. Do they only work with the cam tool app, or can I rename your file to the following
camera_1 cant remember if it is cameras_1
camera_2

Use with the generic game naming convention for replay cameras.
Never have used the Cam tool yet.

thank you,
Dave

Maybe make an alternate set of cameras for Deep Forest Raceway?
The current ones are too far away for my taste... :)
There you go my friend! Hope you like it!

Hi there!

That's very cool of you. A few come to mind...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Goodwood Hillclimb by Gunnar333, representing the Festival of Speed of 2017, really deserves a top notch camtool replay. The thing has an airplane, an helicopter (with sound), multiple TV screens showing videos of the event, announcer on loudspeaker for ambient sound, dynamic (crashable) hay barriers and some of track crew is animated! Quite the list... As if that wasn't enough, to top it all up, it's REALLY small. One 'lap' takes about 42 seconds! A replay cam tailored to be really cinematic, with all that stuff happening around each run, would be amazing. Now that we can control time of day, weather and all that on a replay, using SOL, some talented people will be making some amazing videos set there. and it has NO camtool replay.

It's actually so short someone can actually make a few different versions of the replay, using different styles/approches. Can't wait for someone like you to go to town on this one. :)

Beware there are LQ and HQ versions for both dry and wet.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/goodwood-festival-of-speed-2017.26839/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there's the official Nürburgring-Nordschleife from Kunos (Dream Pack 1), which already has three camtool replays, but the Endurance layout doesn't have a single one! Not only that, but when you save a replay from the Endurance layout, even though 95% of the distance is done on the base layout (which we have camtool replays for), those cams are not available! It could at least still work on the base part of the layout, which we have the cams for, leaving only the circuit bit with the stands out, but no... Not there at all. To me, knowing nothing about coming up with camtool replays, it seems like all it takes is to edit the existing replays done for the base layout, to add the circuit part of the layout. Done like that it's also a 'small scale' project, even considering the huge lenght of the full track, since all it takes is adding the missing part.

And there's Bathurst, most people's favorite track... There are two versions of the track: FM7 (Terra21 & Jim Lloyd) and ACU. The FM7 version is pretty much covered, with 5 camtool replays. But there's only one for the ACU version! I love the track, and it's hard to pick the best between both versions, but I think I slightly favour the ACU version. The ACU version is also much lighter on your PC than the FM7 version, so, for some people, there isn't really even a discussion there, they just have to use the ACU version... with only the one rush-job and totally unexciting existing camtool replay, which completely misses what makes that track great. I usually stick to the regular cams on that one.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst.8677/

Another great track that could use some camtool love is Kyalami 2016 (0.9 beta) by Prototype. There's one camtool replay for it, but there's room for improvement.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/kyalami-2016.175691/

If you end up working on any of those tracks, there will be a lot of happy campers :)

There's a user on gtplanet doing a bunch of regular replay files for some not so well known tracks, which had none, and she's doing a fantastic job, slapping together a bunch of them in no time. Some of which you covered too.

So thanks! Between the 2 of you, you got it covered. A great replay can really make a sim (or a sim driver) shine.

Hi there!

That's very cool of you. A few come to mind...

The new Goodwood Hillclimb by Gunnar333, representing the Festival of Speed of 2017, really deserves a top notch camtool replay. The thing has an airplane, an helicopter (with sound), multiple TV screens showing videos of the event, announcer on loudspeaker for ambient sound, dynamic (crashable) hay barriers and some of track crew is animated! Quite the list... As if that wasn't enough, to top it all up, it's REALLY small. One 'lap' takes about 42 seconds! A replay cam tailored to be really cinematic, with all that stuff happening around each run, would be amazing. Now that we can control time of day, weather and all that on a replay, using SOL, some talented people will be making some amazing videos set there. and it has NO camtool replay.

It's actually so short someone can actually make a few different versions of the replay, using different styles/approches. Can't wait for someone like you to go to town on this one. :)

Beware there are LQ and HQ versions for both dry and wet.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/goodwood-festival-of-speed-2017.26839/

Then there's the official Nürburgring-Nordschleife from Kunos (Dream Pack 1), which already has three camtool replays, but the Endurance layout doesn't have a single one! Not only that, but when you save a replay from the Endurance layout, even though 95% of the distance is done on the base layout (which we have camtool replays for), those cams are not available! It could at least still work on the base part of the layout, which we have the cams for, leaving only the circuit bit with the stands out, but no... Not there at all. To me, knowing nothing about coming up with camtool replays, it seems like all it takes is to edit the existing replays done for the base layout, to add the circuit part of the layout. Done like that it's also a 'small scale' project, even considering the huge lenght of the full track, since all it takes is adding the missing part.

And there's Bathurst, most people's favorite track... There are two versions of the track: FM7 (Terra21 & Jim Lloyd) and ACU. The FM7 version is pretty much covered, with 5 camtool replays. But there's only one for the ACU version! I love the track, and it's hard to pick the best between both versions, but I think I slightly favour the ACU version. The ACU version is also much lighter on your PC than the FM7 version, so, for some people, there isn't really even a discussion there, they just have to use the ACU version... with only the one rush-job and totally unexciting existing camtool replay, which completely misses what makes that track great. I usually stick to the regular cams on that one.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bathurst.8677/

Another great track that could use some camtool love is Kyalami 2016 (0.9 beta) by Prototype. There's one camtool replay for it, but there's room for improvement.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/kyalami-2016.175691/

If you end up working on any of those tracks, there will be a lot of happy campers :)

There's a user on gtplanet doing a bunch of regular replay files for some not so well known tracks, which had none, and she's doing a fantastic job, slapping together a bunch of them in no time. Some of which you covered too.

So thanks! Between the 2 of you, you got it covered. A great replay can really make a sim (or a sim driver) shine.
Whoa! Amazing response to the calling! I loved it! :D

I'll try my best to fulfill your expectations and I would like to start addressing some points first:

- I don't know if you notice but my prefered style is for close ups. As I only play solo runs to then see how the maneuvers goes in the replay I tend to focus on the car working as a machine, suspension, tires, brakes, etc. So my style is like that. Generally any tv motor show, uses close up camera angles. I think this causes a sense of speed, energy, raw power, etc.

- I would like to know how's the style you like most. Because generally for racing it's better a more broad and wide angles and cams that stays in it's place for longer... to be able to see what's going on overall in that segment.
- If it's fine for you I can work on my own style and produce my view on the listed tracks. I've just finished downloading the Goodwood version of posted, I'll see hows the replay cameras are and then try to think of something, but considering the key elements you pointed.

- I don't have the dream pack 1 yet. So unfortunately I'm not doing this cams right now.

- Everytime I saw any Bathurst footage I saw a bunch of cars. I've never saw a review of a car in that track. That's something I'll search YT for. So I don't really never expected to make any cams there. Other than that, the cameras that I saw in the games over the years were somewhat good ones. And you are giving me the possibility to have a new look towards this track. How I would like to see cars going around there. It's on my list now. :)

- The person who did the camtool for kyalami2016 is the user rambokim. He's really one of the best, if not the best out there. Well... I think I'm a complete noob beside him! lol But I can try it'll be at least fun!

- you said "There's a user on gtplanet doing a bunch of regular replay files for some not so well known tracks, which had none, and she's doing a fantastic job, slapping together a bunch of them in no time. Some of which you covered too." Who is this person? I would like to know her work. Because I'm trying to do the same! :D

- you said "So thanks! Between the 2 of you, you got it covered." Sorry English is not my primary language. If it was a compliment, I thank you very much!

- And last but definitely not least you said that "A great replay can really make a sim (or a sim driver) shine." I could not agree more! This is soooo damn true! That's the first time that I saw a person think like that! I always thought the same! Imagine if Best Motoring used wide angles to feature their cars see the first seconds here:
and here:

- So to summed it up, it would be awesome if you could tell me what style you like the cams to be made. For exemple: If we changed places I would ask: Please make these tracks a Best Motoring like style pleeeeeease! lol

In the meantime thank you very much for replying to this thread!

Wow I've just saw the default cameras for Bathurst and the majority of the angles are great! I wouldn't even touch that! One more reason for me to understand what you're looking for. I would love to know, maybe I can help! :)

Ah and publius, as I'm going to take a look right now at the new Goodwood Hillclimb track and you said it's short, I already did cams for a track of 10km long! :)

Let's see what we can do with a ~40s track! :)
haha just saw the two cameras set. They're perfect! God! Now I reeeeally want to know what you expect from replay cameras! I'm really curious! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%