F1 2015 A blurry mess

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anybody found a cure for the blurred image yet? I tried all sorts of different settings, including the hardware settings config.xml file changes (motion blur and depth of filed = OFF), but the image is still as blurred as hell. SweetFX could help...

The graphics are a big letdown in this year`s edition. It`s a shame as they finaly got the handling and FFB quite right.

Last edited:
The problem certainly looks like chromatic aberration to me. The way there's a rainbow effect bouncing off the bald guy in the garage's head makes me really think that's it. It's intensely and purposefully blurred with some kind of post processing effect probably to hide low-res textures. It looks terrible, and I absolutely need to figure out a way to unblur the game, even if I see shitty textures.

hello everyone, I changed the graphical configuration file, my feeling got better.
Anyone can test, save the original file
C: \ Users \ name \ Documents \ My Games \ F1 2015 \ hardwaresettings
thanks

<postprocess motionBlur="false" godRays="false" depthOfField="false" lensStreak="false" lensFlare="false" bloom="false" rainBeads="false" />

Last edited:
Screenshots AA (SMAA+TAA vs Completely off) on my GTX970 http://oi58.tinypic.com/23w4g06.jpg Can someone please post a blurry screenshot?
23w4g06.jpg

Ok, I tried it. No depth of field and no motion blur in xml file: doesn't seen to solve much to be honest, but still a slight improvement. The problem occures when your car moves. it's TAA (temporal AA) that makes the image so blurry. Very cheap console version of antialiasing.......

You only have to disable DOF and Motion Blur if you don't like the blur effect. The other settings are fine to leave at default. With the in-game AA though, anything less than SMAA+TAA results in bad aliasing. If you can't run that settings, you might as well just disable AA. Unfortunately there's no other AA options, I've tried to SGSSAA and SSAA with no good results.

Is there any joy to be had by turning in-car AA and AF off and instead forcing settings (FXAA, for example) in driver settings instead? I've tried fiddling around but I'm no expert.

Also can anyone get SweetFX working with this game yet? I've tried it both in the game folder and via RadeonPro, but it doesn't seem to activate.

hello everyone, I changed the graphical configuration file, my feeling got better.
Anyone can test, save the original file
C: \ Users \ name \ Documents \ My Games \ F1 2015 \ hardwaresettings
thanks

<postprocess motionBlur="false" godRays="false" depthOfField="false" lensStreak="false" lensFlare="false" bloom="false" rainBeads="false" />

That did it for me its a lot better ! , thanksc. :)

Is there any joy to be had by turning in-car AA and AF off and instead forcing settings (FXAA, for example) in driver settings instead? I've tried fiddling around but I'm no expert.

Also can anyone get SweetFX working with this game yet? I've tried it both in the game folder and via RadeonPro, but it doesn't seem to activate.

I've seen no way yet to force any other method of AA other than the in-game settings. If you can't use SMAA+TAA in-game with the performance hit it brings, then you might as well turn it all off because the other options, SMAA only, or TAA only don't do much on their own. I don't use SweetFX so I couldn't tell you if that works.

As requested, see comparison shot below.

Please note: I had to set the hardware_settings_config.xml file to Read-Only to prevent the blur setting from reverting back.

fyhes1.jpg

Your custom settings should not revert back on their own unless you go into the graphics menu and change something there at which point it will overwrite your custom xml settings. However, I have read reports of graphics options not saving which is being called a bug, however I haven't seen that happen since the first patch which was supposed to fix that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back