F1 2015 A blurry mess

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anybody found a cure for the blurred image yet? I tried all sorts of different settings, including the hardware settings config.xml file changes (motion blur and depth of filed = OFF), but the image is still as blurred as hell. SweetFX could help...

The graphics are a big letdown in this year`s edition. It`s a shame as they finaly got the handling and FFB quite right.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 90535

Yep, like I said, without SMAA+TXAA the aliasing is unbearable. But with TXAA the image is really blurry. I think that basic MSAA x2 or better SMAA would fix it. I don't think that CM will implement anything better though.

No NVidia, no DSR (whatever that is). I tried to force MSAA 8x through CCC but the game ignores it. Without TAA it really looks less blurry, but the aliasing ... man, that reminds me of GTA V at day on xbox 360. Unbearable.

I see, the option renders the game at higher resolution. Well, ofc it looks better than native + AA but even though my GPU might be strong enough, my CPU is already the bottleneck in my system and limiting my GPU.

Well, yeah 2560x1440 is the max AMD gives me. This res without AA looks sharper overall (no chromatic aberration) but is not enough for having no aliasing.
But hey, I'll guess I'll stick to it. 30-46 FPS still (oh VSync does not work below 60 FPS it seems, other games would've locked now at 30 but F1 is not able to except for the replays, lol)

E: btw AMD calls it VSR, people can find it in the CCC under My Flatscreens > Properties > Activate Virtual Super Resolution

Last edited:
with 2560x1440 I suggest you to use MSAA+TAA (yes the blur is still there, but overall image quality will be much better than 1920x1080) It will almost look as good as ingame normal AA (with much smaller amount of blur). TAA seems to destroy lower resolution rendering, but at the same time it helps a lot when you use higher resolutions! You may try it if you want :)

Use your tv settings with the Max sharpness and if you have turn on the contours enhancer or anything like that. Change from true to false the depth of field and motion blur into the hardwaresettings.xlm. Use smaa+taa in the game and use sweetfx enabling mainly the Luna sharpen setting and set a strength of 2.65 approximately. Use the sweetfx preset available here for f1 2013 uploaded by alc.... or some name like that and only change the luma sharpen option. Don't use the fxaa or smaa from sweetfx. I tried with dsr but i should 4k for a good quality and my fps are really poor. Tomorrow i will upload if i can all files for sweetfx from the main directory so you directly can put this files into your directory and reduce the blurry effect, have a good performance and a good antialiasing

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%