AC 90s BTCC Season Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Important info for track limits.

For this series we will be using server side track limits to level the field of play.

For the sprint race format the usual drive through penalty is a bit severe so a 10 second penalty will apply to your race time automatically after 3 cuts.

Each cuts warning is displayed when crossing the start/finish, if your lap time is calculated as faster than your average time.

Any questions just post below.

Last edited:
Welcome to the 2023 RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club BTCC Season.

Race control/Driver comms.

Please setup discord for championship events.

May I suggest not only to setup Discord but also to switch it on.:p

We have at least one fellow here who was not on comm yesterday.
As this was not the first time I sense a pattern here :O_o:

Okay, this is a tough one for me. I am not at all familiar with these cars or the real life championships.

I tried a few laps with each :

*) Nissan : I have a grinding feel in my FFB at times which is very unpleasant. The steering feels a bit weird too. Not sure setup can fix that. Other than that I can't make a corner without spinning the rear.

Volvo : Same issue as with the Nissan except I can take corners a bit better with this one. Car model seems very nice.

*) BMW : Being a RWD I know how to race these and feels much much easier because of it. Too bad the cockpit isn't done yet, throws me off in VR.

Sooo, if I participate I want to learn how to drive FWD cars. I clearly have no clue how to do it :) The Volvo would be my pick here.

I'm looking for a team mate for the series, who can provide advice on driving and setup. I miss having chats with a team mate sometime, that would be fun. So if anyone driving a Volvo would like to be my team mate that would be swell :)

The grinding feeling in the steering is easily explainable, these were the days where FWD was in it´s infancy for sporty, let alone race cars.

They torque steer your toes off :sick:

As for the "twerky rears" that was the only way to get them to turn.

I heard you can do some suspension and diff magic to make them survivable, but as I won´t touch this abominations with a ten foot pole you´re dependant of the goodwill of some of our more resilient gentlemen, @Kek700 Ernie comes to mind.

Right Wheel drive for the win (as I´m to weak/domme for this cars.:()

FWD SUCKS.PNG

these were the days where FWD was in it´s infancy for sporty, let alone race cars.
Paddy Hopkirk won the Monte in a Mini in 1964, Pat Moss (Stirling's sister), and her husband Erik Carlson had many top 5 results in in a fwd Saab, John Cooper won (overall and class) for many years in the British Saloon Car Championship, etc etc
FWD in motorsport wasn't in it's infancy in the BTCC (the era these cars are), just some that can't left foot brake get their head 'round it:p

(btw, I prefer rwd:roflmao:)

I'm not sure if the Volvo is the same as the Nissan, but most of my "set up" is in the seat (me ) not in the garage. Besides tire pressures, I played around with diff coast 5 to 20% which makes the tail swing out less, but thats about it.

The nissan is all about throttle and brake control while trying to keep the cars center of gravity as steady as you can.

If you get the amount of throttle and steering right, at least on my logitech g27, you can feel the FFB sort of "lock in". When I hit that point I start to apply more gas smoothly until full throttle. Too soon, tire melting understeer. I also don't coast too much. Unlike RWD, the FWD at 20-50% throttle can help keep turn in grip.

The nissan (and I'm assuming the fwd volvo) really like "slow in, fast out" and "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". All those cliches :geek:

Okay, this is a tough one for me. I am not at all familiar with these cars or the real life championships.

I tried a few laps with each :

*) Nissan : I have a grinding feel in my FFB at times which is very unpleasant. The steering feels a bit weird too. Not sure setup can fix that. Other than that I can't make a corner without spinning the rear.

Volvo : Same issue as with the Nissan except I can take corners a bit better with this one. Car model seems very nice.

*) BMW : Being a RWD I know how to race these and feels much much easier because of it. Too bad the cockpit isn't done yet, throws me off in VR.

Sooo, if I participate I want to learn how to drive FWD cars. I clearly have no clue how to do it :) The Volvo would be my pick here.

I'm looking for a team mate for the series, who can provide advice on driving and setup. I miss having chats with a team mate sometime, that would be fun. So if anyone driving a Volvo would like to be my team mate that would be swell :)

The Volvo is one of the best cars that I've driven on a Sunday over the last few years. Very well polished mod, and the behavior of the car is pretty spot on to a FWD saloon once the setup is right..
I have been using Reik's old bathurst setup as a base. Changes the car.
He kindly posted it here along with a video and some front wheel drive theroy. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/volvo-s40-bathurst-tuesday-25th-may-2021.203420/

I'm not sure if the Volvo is the same as the Nissan, but most of my "set up" is in the seat (me ) not in the garage. Besides tire pressures, I played around with diff coast 5 to 20% which makes the tail swing out less, but thats about it.

The nissan is all about throttle and brake control while trying to keep the cars center of gravity as steady as you can.

If you get the amount of throttle and steering right, at least on my logitech g27, you can feel the FFB sort of "lock in". When I hit that point I start to apply more gas smoothly until full throttle. Too soon, tire melting understeer. I also don't coast too much. Unlike RWD, the FWD at 20-50% throttle can help keep turn in grip.

The nissan (and I'm assuming the fwd volvo) really like "slow in, fast out" and "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". All those cliches :geek:

@cerebralvortex I took the those same above tips, that Robert gave me on the after race discord, the other week. Clipped a good second off my time in the volvo( so definitely applies Robert).
You really have to try and feel where the front wheels are at. It's like driving a normal 120hp FWD saloon car in the wet with worn tyres. You can get sudden and abrupt understeer if you smash the throttle mid corner, which needs waiting about to get the bite back. Tried to waffle out some FWD stuff in video form.

Hadn't thought about wet driving w/fwd, but now that you mention it, this mod definitely feels like a supercharged version of what it was like to drive my old 98 civic fwd in the snow. Good comparison :thumbsup:

Screenshot_20230826-191751~2.png

- Said civic in the snow :D

Too much throttle and you get understeer wheel spin. Light lift of the throttle gets the car to get grip and straighten out again, potentially abruptly. Mellow on the gas gets you the most traction.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 403 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 255 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 273 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.7%
Back