AC 60's LMP @ Le Mans - Weds 9th December 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Spare cars available @ 6:25 UK time:

Porsche 3
Ferrari 3
Ford 3

If you take one from the list, in your post please copy and paste the list, adjusted for your choice of car, thanks chaps!

Well, I enjoyed the first lap of both races. Sadly I didn't make it past that. I'm running VR with an oculus quest 2, using a cable to PC and the oculus app, which allows me to use it effectively as a Rift. Unfortunately in both races my headset went blank briefly then loaded up to the home page saying "device was lost" and then when I try to re open the Assetto Corsa app it just gives a black screen until I restart the game. Might've been that the cable was temporarily unplugged... now to find a solution

@Chris Down would you mind sharing your setup? I mean... I need an excuse! :whistling: (and I'm curious)

Heh, no worries, although I warn you I don't know what I'm doing really with this setup :) It's just default with the following changes:

- Moved the bbal a little to the front
- Changed to use the 2nd longest gear
- I might have changed the camber, but I'm not really sure. Either way, it didn't really seem to do much.

Attachments

• r_cdown.ini
    760 bytes · Views: 52
Live replay of race 2 with @Kek700:

tt.jpg

Heh, no worries, although I warn you I don't know what I'm doing really with this setup :) It's just default with the following changes:

- Moved the bbal a little to the front
- Changed to use the 2nd longest gear
- I might have changed the camber, but I'm not really sure. Either way, it didn't really seem to do much.

Jesus! You really give me an excuse with your setup. :) I now know I used the wrong gearing (too short), then I overlooked to set the rev limiter from 100 to 115 and finally I had very strange damper settings :poop:. Conclusion: I also don't know what I'm doing with setups (sometimes).

Sure, the mistakes are all on my end and you didn't hide mystery in your setup, so the comparison to your's just made me aware of my mistakes. o thanks for that! Compared to my rubbish setup, with your's the GT40 feels glued to the track. I immediately was able to put in a 3:59:xx on the server...

Btw, I had 2 very exciting races with nice action.

I want to say a huge SORRY to @Axel Moebius for the hit and spin in race 2. :( I wasn't aware, your braking point was a few meters before that marker, when mine was a bit after it. So I thought braking right at the marker would be safe enough but it wasn't. Anyways I should've given an extra margin there or take the inside line before braking....

Last edited:
First congrats to @Kek700 for the win in the second race! Enzo can be very proud of you!

I had a lot of fun tonight. Screwed up my qually by going over track limits. Started last and made a false start so drive through penalty. But with good race pace finally made it to 13th. Second race was amazing! Being overtaken by Porsches and Fords but outbraking them and a far better 3rd sector I managed to creep forward in the ranks.

I had a nice battle with the Ferrari of @PurgerUK where I first slipstreamed him, then he on me and again me on him all on one straight. We went side by side towards Mulsanne but as I was in the inside I could take the lead. Finished 7th in the end.

Bedankt for organising this combo @Medilloni

Last edited:
I love reading the post-race comments you guys leave. They're so entertaining and really make me feel like I have missed out on something - almost enough to try and race regularly, but not quite :p
Hi David. Yes you sure missed something but tonight Deutschlandring on Simracing.gp with MX5!

How is the work going on the Bilsterberg, Battenbergring and/or Schottenring? If you need testdrivers, just let me know!

I love reading the post-race comments you guys leave. They're so entertaining and really make me feel like I have missed out on something - almost enough to try and race regularly, but not quite :p
Stop hiding mate. At least you could race with us from time to time. Better than nothing. Each event here is great fun. I'm also not able to race here regularly but enjoy each event I'm in.

Hi David. [...] How is the work going on the Bilsterberg, Battenbergring and/or Schottenring? If you need testdrivers, just let me know!
Oh, oh... We shouldn't scare him too much or he won't come here to race with us.

Bilsterberg was completed about 3 years ago but the exclusive rights to it were sold to one of the owners of the track so he could bundle it with the motion sim rigs that his company makes.

Battenbergring is 95% complete and just needs a final few touches (but I got distracted with the old Mugello road circuit from the 1960s :redface:)

Schottenring is about 25% complete, and Bremgarten is about 50% done. Solitude and Clermont Ferand are both about 15%-20% complete.

Too many tracks and not enough hours in the day, when you try and do it all in your spare time. Hence wny I rarely race online, but I promise I will try and join you for more in the new year, especially the older (slower) cars and tracks.

Bilsterberg was completed about 3 years ago but the exclusive rights to it were sold to one of the owners of the track so he could bundle it with the motion sim rigs that his company makes.

Battenbergring is 95% complete and just needs a final few touches (but I got distracted with the old Mugello road circuit from the 1960s :redface:)

Schottenring is about 25% complete, and Bremgarten is about 50% done. Solitude and Clermont Ferand are both about 15%-20% complete.

Too many tracks and not enough hours in the day, when you try and do it all in your spare time. Hence wny I rarely race online, but I promise I will try and join you for more in the new year, especially the older (slower) cars and tracks.
Thanks for the update, David. You're my hero!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%