AC 60's LMP @ Le Mans - Weds 9th December 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Medilloni

Premium
60s le mans header ford.jpg
Join us this Weds 9th Dec for a Ford vs Ferrari fest (OK, and the Porsche too!), racing these iconic 60's LMP cars at Le Mans with no chicanes.... do you even slipstream bro? ;)

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!
All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
(the menu-bar link to connect to us on TS is no longer on RD but the info on this page will explain how to create a bookmark and enter your real name - don't hesitate to ask in this thread if you need help!)
Incident Reporting: Click here
Highly Recommended App
: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name:

• Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU 60's LMP Practice #04
  • Race Server: Racedepartment.com EU 60's LMP Race #05
Cars: DLC is required for this event. (see below for BoP)
Track: Le Mans (download here)
Pit stop:
Not Mandatory
Track Temps: 27c
Track Condition: Clear

Schedule (EU): Wed 9th December 2020
Official practice: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 1: 20:40 GMT (25 minutes)
Short Break: 3 minutes Approx
Race 2: 21:08 GMT (25 minutes) - Reverse Grid Top Five

Entry List
  1. @Medilloni - Ferrari
  2. Chris Down - Ford
  3. pattikins - TBD
  4. HF2000 - Ferrari
  5. stribbeck - Porsche
  6. Kek700 - Ferrari
  7. Reik Major - Ford
  8. Callum Hornby - TBD
  9. Denis Betty - Ford
  10. GeekyDeaks - Ford
  11. Axel Moebius - Ford
  12. raceeend007 - Ferrari
  13. PurgerUK - Ferrari
  14. Stig Bidstrup - Ford
  15. thom462 - Ferrari
  16. smeisinger - Porsche
  17. boomRoasted - TBD
  18. Raf Nix - Porsche
  19. ltnordb - Ferrari
  20. Peppinho - TBD
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

PRACTICE SERVER IS UP!

Cars taken:
Porsche - 3
Ferrari - 6
Ford - 6
TBD - 2

UTP # 84

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Ooh yeah, that sounds good. Well, every time I chose the Ferrari, so let's do something new this time and I'll take the Porsche. Thanks for organising mate! :inlove:
You're welcome matey, Porsche it is ;)

Count me in please John. I can't decide between the Ford or my usual choice, the Ferrari.
You're in me old fruit, welcome!:thumbsup:

Same here Patrick, always use the Ferrari (those sounds:inlove:) but might try something else this time...

I'm not so brave to try another car:( although the others have significally higher top speed. For me the Porsche curves are killing with the GT40. And as for the LH908: I can't understand why they call it the Porsche-curves:confused:!

So a nice red P330 for me, please John.

I'm not so brave to try another car:( although the others have significally higher top speed. For me the Porsche curves are killing with the GT40. And as for the LH908: I can't understand why they call it the Porsche-curves:confused:!

So a nice red P330 for me, please John.
Welcome Han, a Ferrari awaits you! ;)

Haven't tried the Porsche really, I find the GT40 hard to drive... but most of all, dammit, those Ferrari sounds make it hard to leave her:inlove::inlove::inlove::laugh:

Can anyone tell, the GT40 has any chance to compete the two ohters? I know it's all about racing in general but being as fast as possible is another important motivation in racing for me. :cool:

Can anyone tell, the GT40 has any chance to compete the two ohters? I know it's all about racing in general but being as fast as possible is another important motivation in racing for me. :cool:
Reik: the top speed of the cars on the very long straight are: Ferrari 293kn/h, Porsche 303km/h, Ford 317km/h. The slower cars are better in the last sector with the curves. In a racesimulation that I did with 18 AI cars (6 of each) the GT40 was the fastest, followed by the Ferrari and Porsche last.
I'm not good with the GT40 in the last sector but I expect that better drivers like yourself can do that better and than the top speed will make the difference on the straights. So short, yes I expect the GT40 will be very competitive on this track without the chicanes. In fact: I think it will be the winning car.

Last edited:
It's possible to do 200mph+ (321km/h) along the Mulsanne Straight in the GT40 with the engine limiter beyond 100, but I found that I was braking very early to make the Virage de Mulsanne corner - I'm not sure my knees can take that sort of punishment :confused::laugh:.

Last edited:
Reik: the top speed of the cars on the very long straight are: Ferrari 293kn/h, Porsche 303km/h, Ford 317km/h. The slower cars are better in the last sector with the curves. In a racesimulation that I did with 18 AI cars (6 of each) the GT40 was the fastest, followed by the Ferrari and Porsche last.
I'm not good with the GT40 in the last sector but I expect that better drivers like yourself can do that better and than the top speed will make the difference on the straights. So short, yes I expect the GT40 will be very competitive on this track without the chicanes. In fact: I think it will be the winning car.
OK, will try my best. So @Medilloni sign me up with the GT40 please.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back