50% discount on everything in RaceRoom Racing Experience

50 off.jpg

Sector 3 Studios would like to extend a thank you to everyone participating in this weekend's free testing by giving you 50% off everything in the R3E store for 24 hours, starting today at 20:00

Note that if you can't access the game you can still access the store here - RaceRoom Store

Make sure you read our tips for the store here - R3E Pricing, Discounts and Tips - particularly the part about saving money by buying discounted vRP.

If you want to pick up content that will be frequently featured in our R3E Club Races you could have a look at these packs:

WTCC 2013 and WTCC 2014
ADAC 2013 and ADAC 2014
DTM 1992
European Track Pack
American Track Pack

Make sure to buy only 1 pack at once, as you'll get discount on the next pack if it contains part of the content you already own!

This week we're running on Sonoma Raceway, so make sure you own that!

See you on track!

Update: It appears that the discount does not apply to packs, we've reached out to Sector 3 Studios and are awaiting official response on whether this is intentional or an error in their store. This post and thread will be updated once we know more.

Update 2: S3 have not commented on this and it seems the pricing is working as intended (sadly);

The current 50% off everything applies to all content in the store including packs. But all packs are already discounted higher than 50%, setting those to 50% off would actually mean less discount. (With the exception of wtcc which is at 49% discount)

The suggestion that the packs should be discounted 50% of their already discounted price is appreciated but that option will be reserved for the rare and special event throughout the year.

Oh. When I saw the discount campaign I decided to jump in even I really, really hate their virtual coin/market place/buy this and that/gimme all of your money business model. Now when I see its kind of false advertising I realized they still don't deserve my money. Over and out.

Well you would pay more if they didn´t have the buy VRP in a bundle option it´s good to have it there. I had to google to find the link to buy VRP though not sure why they don´t list it at their store page. It´s convenient to pay with steam wallet but you get a worse exchange rate :D.

It´s harder to keep traction of microtransactions require more planning if you want to keep the cost down but you can get a lot of content for the same price you pay for PCars or Assetto Corsa. Though I have invested a bit more I admit partly due to bad planning ;)

As said before you pay for liveries so even if you want to buy every single car it can be cheaper buy them one by one. I have opted for one car in every serie. Test driving trying to find what seem to be the most fun. It´s nice it´s not an all or nothing affair.

the only thing that would be cool is to be able to test drive tracks more often. Though I have never been disappointed by the quality of the tracks and you can generally find mods of them in other sims so you geta rough idea :)

Response from S3S on their forum:

"The current 50% off everything applies to all content in the store including packs. But all packs are already discounted higher than 50%, setting those to 50% off would actually mean less discount. (With the exception of wtcc which is at 49% discount)

The suggestion that the packs should be discounted 50% of their already discounted price is appreciated but that option will be reserved for the rare and special event throughout the year."

DTM Experience must be the highest priced DLC I've seen then. :)

@Jay Ekkel Very misleading sales technique. They always discount their packs simply because they are over priced and will never sell at the supposed price. So the 50% off should be just that. 50% off everything including discounted items for the duration of the 24hr sale. That is in the Sales of Goods Act 1979.
Such advertising tricks are against consumer law in the UK.:rolleyes:

And for those interested in buying VRP rather than just adding items in the store, don't. It works out much more expensive.;)

Last edited:
uhm... i've spent 7€ for 4 cars (bmw m3 gt2, civic wtcc 2014, skyline gr.5, and merc evo II dtm), this way i can race every classes online; but the business model is too expensive, in my opinion (R3E -> 7€ for 4 cars at 50% off , AC 15€ 10 cars + nordshleife full price - i payed 10€ for dream pack :O_o:).

uhm... i've spent 7€ for 4 cars (bmw m3 gt2, civic wtcc 2014, skyline gr.5, and merc evo II dtm), this way i can race every classes online; but the business model is too expensive, in my opinion (R3E -> 7€ for 4 cars at 50% off , AC 15€ 10 cars + nordshleife full price - i payed 10€ for dream pack :O_o:).
You still need to buy the tracks that are raced in that class thou online ? or not.

I think it's worth remembering that the inflated price of a pack is down to the cost of all the liveries on all the cars. They charge 25vrp per livery - this boosts the cost of 'everything' to a silly number - which is then 'discounted' as the pack price.

I'm all for making money from cosmetic items over 'faster cars' and liveries don't really matter in SP anyway?? Maybe you want to stand-out in MP so pickup a few alternate paintjobs but you don't need ALL of them - esp as a lot of them are duplicate patterns with different name/numbers!!

Remember that buying just cars is cheaper (in this sale) if you don't care about liveries - all the Gp5 cars are 980vrp whilst the pack is 1699vrp!!

Remember also that buying just 1 car allows you to race against all the cars in that class too

I don't like all this 'funny money' and oddly "discounted" packs and livery pricing stuff anymore than anyone else, but the bottom line is you choose your favourite car for each class and go racing for around £1/class which is peanuts - frankly - all the classes for the price of a coffee and a cake ;0

p.s. as for 'expensive' DLC - DTM 2014 gives 9 tracks, 3 cars and the experience bits so it's VRP price isn't actually that bad (it's not all about liveries for once)

If you want expensive DLC - take a look at the car pricing on mobile games like Real Racing - that game offers a SINGLE CAR which costs $100 - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS - for a car in a 'tilt the screen' racer!?!?!? That game also expects you earn (or increasingly buy) money to repair cars at an ever increasing rate...

Forza 4 had a really interesting range of cars (some lovely old classics in particular) but acquiring all of them would have run $100+ (including the cost of the base game) because there's so many packs and they're pretty-much never discounted (even tho the game has a sequel out and another imminent!!)

I play a bit of NFS:Most Wanted 'for laughs' with some friends and that game still wants £30 for it's DLC cars and it's almost 4 years old now!!

The DTM packs are a bargain by those standards - sometimes you just have to pony-up but there's always a worse case ;0

While we´re at it. I had to buy transaction cards to transfer money from my paypal to steam. I expected to be able to pay directly with my paypal account but no, doesn´t seem to work like that anymore. Honestly that adds to the confusion and stupidity around this sales model done by S3. Anybody else experienced that?

Cheers

While we´re at it. I had to buy transaction cards to transfer money from my paypal to steam. I expected to be able to pay directly with my paypal account but no, doesn´t seem to work like that anymore. Honestly that adds to the confusion and stupidity around this sales model done by S3. Anybody else experienced that?

Cheers
No, mine went straight from paypal no issues

Sorry for my ignorance, how is it overpriced compared to say GSCE?
Hi Kjell, your ignorance is forgiven. ;)
I am referring to the the Experience DLC. I don't regard it as a full game. It is DLC for RRE. Therefore I think it's over priced for DLC.

ps, I paid £20 quid for GSCE a while ago and to this day so far, all content added is free. It's much bigger. And I can add mods to it and tracks.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea