50% discount on everything in RaceRoom Racing Experience

50 off.jpg

Sector 3 Studios would like to extend a thank you to everyone participating in this weekend's free testing by giving you 50% off everything in the R3E store for 24 hours, starting today at 20:00

Note that if you can't access the game you can still access the store here - RaceRoom Store

Make sure you read our tips for the store here - R3E Pricing, Discounts and Tips - particularly the part about saving money by buying discounted vRP.

If you want to pick up content that will be frequently featured in our R3E Club Races you could have a look at these packs:

WTCC 2013 and WTCC 2014
ADAC 2013 and ADAC 2014
DTM 1992
European Track Pack
American Track Pack

Make sure to buy only 1 pack at once, as you'll get discount on the next pack if it contains part of the content you already own!

This week we're running on Sonoma Raceway, so make sure you own that!

See you on track!

Update: It appears that the discount does not apply to packs, we've reached out to Sector 3 Studios and are awaiting official response on whether this is intentional or an error in their store. This post and thread will be updated once we know more.

Update 2: S3 have not commented on this and it seems the pricing is working as intended (sadly);

The current 50% off everything applies to all content in the store including packs. But all packs are already discounted higher than 50%, setting those to 50% off would actually mean less discount. (With the exception of wtcc which is at 49% discount)

The suggestion that the packs should be discounted 50% of their already discounted price is appreciated but that option will be reserved for the rare and special event throughout the year.

Wow, your right Race Room is just like women, they all have a different price, clothes are extra and you never take them to the right track. :D

The funny thing is: People are acting butthurt over Sector3 putting almost all content up for sale. If they hadn't done any sale at all, we would all live happily ever after.
Nope, completely disagree. Having high discounts all the time on your products only means one thing, your products are too expensive and nobody would give a rats a** about it if sold at normal price.

Cheers

New definition for "everything" = "almost all". I will keep that in mind.;)

Made me laugh. ;)

Seriously, S3 @Jay Ekkel this is absolutely stupid. You cannot have things on a permanent discount sale because they are priced too high and then announce a 50% off sale off everthing except the already permanently discounted over priced content. It's not on and is the reason I didn't purchase anymore in yesterdays "almost everything 50% off sale" and will not purchase any more until this nonsense stops. We are not idiots.

Nope, completely disagree. Having high discounts all the time on your products only means one thing, your products are too expensive and nobody would give a rats a** about it if sold at normal price.

Cheers
This is exactly what happens on Steam. Most game copies are sold when games are discounted. I don't like it either, but this is how it works these days, I guess.

We have released a statement on the confusion caused by the images/text used to promote the sale, with hopefully a satisfying solution to anyone who felt duped by this unfortunate mistake.

Please read the full statement on our forum.
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/flash-sale-refund-option.2160/

@mods, Not sure if you are ok with me linking to our forum, but i hope in this case you do not mind.

Cheers

I am quoting you, but this is not directed to you as such, as i see this point being mentioned a few times in here!

When the project started we received feedback people consider our single cars/tracks to be expensive, even though I disagree there (more on that down this post) I can fully understand that this was the case for some. As a solution to this feedback packs were introduced in the store, where people were able to get multiple content items for a considerable cheaper price. And this has proven to be a great way for people to purchase content.

We also introduced the ability to try every car in our game before even considering a purchase, and the use of content you do not need to own in competition and challenges. Just to give everyone enough time with our content to decide on what or what not to do with their hard earned money.
And there is the ability to join any MP or SP mode with the content you have without the need to own all the content.

All in all i think we do a lot to allow anyone to try before they buy and to keep the costs down low. But in the end it comes down to that no game developer can please everyone at the same time.

If you ask my opinion, 3-5 euros for a track or car is not expensive considering the playtime you can have with it, without a blink of an eye we pay double or triple the money to go to the cinema, or spend a few dollar to get a Frappuccino at your local shop.

Just my 2p on the matter.

With regards to the matters at hand please see the post above this post!

Wow.

The fact that S3 have had to put anything to do with this up as an apology is staggering. Raceroom provides a F2P model that is incredibly friendly. For people to have the tenacity to insinuate that the content is always discounted because it isn't worth the full price... What planet are you on? It's cheaper than iRacing and the cars in particular are of a better quality.

People saying that the packs MUST be double discounted is just so hideously entitled. "I won't buy anymore content until this nonsense stops" to paraphrase. I mean really? I get that there was a misunderstanding between developer and customer here but not a huge one and certainly not one that should have produced such backlash and caused S3 to basically give these packs to people for free because they paid a reduced amount, just not a reduced enough amount.

Jay and Sector 3 are nothing but friendly and helpful. The fact that they are allowing people to keep the content and get a refund is just beyond generous and a further testament to what a wonderful bunch you'll find working at Sector 3.

Might I suggest that even if you did buy a pack during the sale. Suck it up, you are helping a developer working in a small, niche market grow and produce more content. By taking that refund and then free content because you feel "entitled" to it will do nothing but damage the profit that any developer needs to make to continue to produce content.

Sector 3 make wonderful content at a reasonable price irrespective of discounts. Lets chalk this up to a miscommunication and continue to help this fantastic little sim grow.

- Oscar.

Last edited:
@Jay Ekkel Just know that in reality the majority of customers of R3E are over the moon with what you all do. It might look like a lot of bother at the moment but that is only because those happy with what is happening don't post anything about enjoying it.

We listen to the feedback, good or bad and act on it as good as we can. So in all fairness even though some comments were a bit harsh I can understand to a large extend why. Everyone has their own way of expressing how they stand on certain subject so we try to look at the core message they are trying to get across and ignore the "fluff".

So please do not hesitate to provide your feedback, but as anywhere goes the more constructive the better! :)

After the incredibly creeping and fawning post by Oscar above :)sick:), I'll say it's nice of you to explain the problem Jay. Thanks.
Still it was a mistake by your goodselves in the advertising of the sale and that is what caused so many customers, both here and on your own site to complain.

@Oscar Hardwick No one here said they "must" double discount so get it right. Stop making rubbish up.

For the record, I actually love RRE and I do have most content, but I still think some items are over priced for DLC even with the discount and that is my opinion. OK Oscar? So you can stop creeping now. :rolleyes:

@Jay Ekkel while your here and all :)

I know this is massively off topic, and if you want to take this to another thread we can do.

But will sector 3 address the ffb issues myself and what seems to be plenty of people are having? Like the over powering centre force, or the lack of tyre feel which does give a hint of floaty cars.? or the mp4-12 feeling considerably worse than the camaro.?

This is not a dig poke or taking the PI$$ out of you guys, just a general question. I like rr but cannot play it due to the above behaviours. I know also some people do not have these issues, but is there more option you can enable to help those of us that do?

cheers and good work.

@Emerson Fattibaldi I'm really not creeping. I am suggesting that the fact that R3E felt the need to refund is damaging only to what we as sim racers will get.

Whether or not you or others did or didn't say anything about. It pressured them in to refunding, I was merely voicing an opinion that the causing of this is damaging in terms of profits to a small studio in a niche market.

But you know, do go on. Also why wouldn't I appreciate a sim that makes a good product. Sort of eluding to the latter part of my post which makes a decent point. When something bad happens you'll certainly hear from everyone about it but if it's all good no one feels the need to speak up on that front. It's merely a change in pace from the norm. Also "sick"? It's a good product. God forbid that someone enjoy something and display or express that.

There is plenty of case law in the US about companies stating things are constantly on sale so when a new customer walks in the door he/she thinks they are getting a deal. It is disingenuous at the very best. Then for your apology to state you are sorry for making us think we are getting a "double discount" come on. Mentioning nothing about discount on "everything in the store"I don't like your business model and never will. I was born at night but not last night.

I think it's fair to point out that Sector 3 have apologised for the wording in the marketing campaign and offered to reimburse those who were misled buying ' discounted' packages.

However, I have to agree that the general pricing structure is a bit confusing to say the least. For example, the idea that items discounted through steam can still be bought cheaper in game depending on how much content you own etc. This is confusing, especially to those looking to get into the game.

That said, for those prepared to research the pricing model and be patient for the sales, there are some significant savings to be had. I brought 4 cars and 4 tracks in the recent sale, all for £12. Personally I think that represents very good value for content of such good quality.

I agree with others that overall the pricing model does need to be more transparent though.

Last edited:
The amount of butt hurt people here is just stupid. The game is awesome, you got a chance to buy a whole heap of stuff seriously cheap. You know where Sector 3 are located? You know what the native language is there? I'll give you a hint, it's not America and it's not English. Sometimes things get lost in translation, get over it.

I'll give you a hint, it's not America and it's not English. Sometimes things get lost in translation, get over it.
At least I give them credit for being smarter than that.;) There is nothing wrong with, no it's a responsibility, to hold companies accountable and to try to push them to keep their pricing structure as Mr. Bradley says "transparent". It's called consumer awareness. This kind of pricing structure is not new and I won't get "over it" . Also it has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back