50% discount on everything in RaceRoom Racing Experience

50 off.jpg

Sector 3 Studios would like to extend a thank you to everyone participating in this weekend's free testing by giving you 50% off everything in the R3E store for 24 hours, starting today at 20:00

Note that if you can't access the game you can still access the store here - RaceRoom Store

Make sure you read our tips for the store here - R3E Pricing, Discounts and Tips - particularly the part about saving money by buying discounted vRP.

If you want to pick up content that will be frequently featured in our R3E Club Races you could have a look at these packs:

WTCC 2013 and WTCC 2014
ADAC 2013 and ADAC 2014
DTM 1992
European Track Pack
American Track Pack

Make sure to buy only 1 pack at once, as you'll get discount on the next pack if it contains part of the content you already own!

This week we're running on Sonoma Raceway, so make sure you own that!

See you on track!

Update: It appears that the discount does not apply to packs, we've reached out to Sector 3 Studios and are awaiting official response on whether this is intentional or an error in their store. This post and thread will be updated once we know more.

Update 2: S3 have not commented on this and it seems the pricing is working as intended (sadly);

The current 50% off everything applies to all content in the store including packs. But all packs are already discounted higher than 50%, setting those to 50% off would actually mean less discount. (With the exception of wtcc which is at 49% discount)

The suggestion that the packs should be discounted 50% of their already discounted price is appreciated but that option will be reserved for the rare and special event throughout the year.

Yes you can earn VRP by doing good in competitions.
Which is one of the reason you can´t use real currency if you by VRP you invest in the game.
There is some packs that has been discounted for years like the radicals but I can´t understand how that can be that much of an issue.

I don´t have any ax to grind with the business model but I would expect find the option to buy VRP in the store. I had to google to find it because I knew it was there somewhere.

I'm not pleased at all that people who bought the packs during the sale not only got a full refund but were able to keep the packs. I'm quite glad they gave refunds, but none of the rest of us got free content. What they should have done is refund the vRP and then those folks could buy the packs much like the rest of us have had to do. I've bought a lot of content for R3E but after this move, I'm reconsidering any and all content purchases. It's hardly fair to those of us who have purchased quite a lot that a select few get free content.

Last edited:
Then for your apology to state you are sorry for making us think we are getting a "double discount" come on. Mentioning nothing about discount on "everything in the store"I don't like your business model and never will. I was born at night but not last night.

That bit made me giggle. Thanks Jeff. :thumbsup::D

I'm not pleased at all that people who bought the packs during the sale not only got a full refund but were able to keep the packs. I'm quite glad they gave refunds, but none of the rest of us got free content. What they should have done is refund the vRP and then those folks could buy the packs much like the rest of us have had to do. I've bought a lot of content for R3E but after this move, I'm reconsidering any and all content purchases. It's hardly fair to those of us who have purchased quite a lot that a select few get free content.

Why hate on other's good fortune and the decency of s3 in making up for the "error". It does not affect your purchase at all. I just find it refreshing to see a company try to make an issue right for the customers. I was not affected by this.

I'm not hating on anyone's good fortune. Refunds should have been given but not free content. I've spent well north of $100 and haven't gotten anything free. You have your opinion and I have mine. I think if you look back over my post history, you'll see that I've been an advocate for this game and tried to help with purchase questions and other things.

^^^^ i as well on the spending...and i agreed on price when i bought it....but you say you are not pleased that others are getting to keep the packs, and i happen to disagree with the reasoning there.....those that fell under a certain situation got some extra vrp...good for them and s3 for helping out. Again my wallet not affected. As you say we disagree, it happens.

We have released a statement on the confusion caused by the images/text used to promote the sale, with hopefully a satisfying solution to anyone who felt duped by this unfortunate mistake.

Please read the full statement on our forum.
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/flash-sale-refund-option.2160/

@mods, Not sure if you are ok with me linking to our forum, but i hope in this case you do not mind.

Nice good-will gesture!
I appreciate that ... but ... what about those who could not effort the packs they wanted and that were now left behind for the second time?
Your nice good-will gesture would have taken the full effect if you have announced that the popular content packs would now receive a "double discount" for 24 hours ... I think this could "compensate" your losses and satisfies the others ... a real win-win-situation.
Greetings from Austria ... :D

All I hear is a bunch of kids crying about not getting free ice cream because they refused to go to daycare that particular day they where handed out....
Seriously, complaining about others getting something for free and you didn't? I'm tempted to close this thread, it has served its purpose and I'm getting tired of people's self entitlement and whining.

All I hear is a bunch of kids crying about not get free ice cream because they refused to go to daycare that particular day they where handed out....
Seriously, complaining about others getting something for free and you not? I'm tempted to close this thread, it has served its purpose and I'm getting tired of people's self entitlement and whining.

ok ... just tried to make a friendly and constructive statement and it ended up in a very dull response? Good show ...

Last edited:
How a 50% discount sale could lead to such a thread is beyond my imagination :)

Ya, the business model is a bit weird at first, but come on, once you dig into it, it's fair.
The option to race in series you only own a single car is awesome.
The packs which offer you whole series and the experiences are a really great concept.
Pricing is really fair in my books (especially compared to iRacing LOL)

So now we had 24 hours of -50% on everything but packs and people go mad?
Let's just all calm down and be happy with the quality of the content we get in R3E.
Next sale will come, i guarantee you that ;) Just be patient.

All I hear is a bunch of kids crying about not getting free ice cream because they refused to go to daycare that particular day they where handed out....
Seriously, complaining about others getting something for free and you didn't? I'm tempted to close this thread, it has served its purpose and I'm getting tired of people's self entitlement and whining.

Well close it then. :rolleyes: I'm getting fed up of people jumping on anyone who ever complains about anything to do with someones favourite game, whether it be Pcars or RRE or any other. People are free to show their discontent about the game, it's features or the pricing strategy. But if you see it as whining, close it and only allow threads that are in support of the game. That will stop all these self entitled and whining customers.

I am so glad I hold no allegiance to any one and any game.

Last edited:
Well close it then. :rolleyes: I'm getting fed up of people jumping on anyone who ever complains about anything to do with someones favourite game, whether it be Pcars or RRE or any other. People are free to show their discontent about the game, it's features or the pricing strategy. But if you see it as whining, close it and only allow threads that are in support of the game. That will stop all these self entitled and whining customers.

I am so glad I hold no allegiance to any one and any game.
I have no problems with complaints that are justified. Complaints about "bohoo its too expensive for me" and "that guy got freebies and I didn't" are not justified imo, they are just bitching and whining and non constructive in any way shape or form.

I hold allegiance to all sims, I've paid for almost every sim out there, I will voice my complaint if I find somethings wrong with them, but complaining about their pricing and not getting freebies I will not.

Waiting for R3E 2 with more traditional (non-free platform + DLC-packs) business model. Until then, I'm having so much fun with other sims. :)
R3E2 sounds like a character from the next Star Wars movie... :p

I have to respond to that statement.
I have no problems with complaints that are justified. Complaints about "bohoo its too expensive for me" and "that guy got freebies and I didn't" are not justified imo, they are just bitching and whining and non constructive in any way shape or form.

If S3 would make the product structure and prices more transparent that would be an improvement for each and everyone which is definitely improved customer satisfaction. And to be honest false advertisement started the whole discussion (thread), it´s not the case that we as customers have done something wrong here.

Here is a little example: Let´s say you´re out to buy a new car. You come acrosse that dealer that offers an impressive 50% discount on your favourite car only today for 35.000 €´s. Assuming the discount is real initial price would be 70.000 €´s for that specific car. Of course you will buy that car.
Next week you pass that dealer again and another customer bought that car for 35.000 €´s. There is no more poster that says 50% off only today.
Of course you will go ask your dealer what´s up with that? He tells you that there is always a 50% discount on that car and because of that the 50% off on that day are not valid.

Now the dealer is pretty generous after realizing that this is somewhat questionable sales strategy so he gives you your money back and you can keep the car.
Now if I would be the other guy that bought the car for 35.000 €´s I would be pretty pissed if I would happen to know about that special deal. And I´m pretty sure that this sales behaviour would end up in court very quickly.

So please stop blaming customers for the wrong doings of a sales team or a company, that would be great. That´s my last contribution to this thread.

Of course you will go ask your dealer what´s up with that? He tells you that there is always a 50% discount on that car and because of that the 50% off on that day are not valid.
No I don't cos I buy things at the price I feel they are worth, I don't begrudge it when someone else gets a better deal after me.
So if you buy a TV today, and then tomorrow the very same TV in the same store suddenly is 50% off, do you go back and complain that you had to pay full price? I certainly don't, ofc I'll kick myself for having wasted the money, but I don't blame the store for that, that would be plain stupid imo.

All complaints are justified in the eyes of the complainant, otherwise they wouldn't complain. And I totally concur with Falk's message above.
See my answer above, would you honestly go back to the store and bitch about it? Cos thats what people are doing here, bitching about practically the same thing...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%