3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter

Tracks 3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter 0.81

Login or Register an account to download this content
Unsure how the Far Plane changed to that,I dont even remember changing that,as im not even sure what it does,unless it had something to do with mods I downloaded from before..

I checked in the cache folder,I dont have the trees_data folder there at all,all I got in there is a trees_alignment folder,and in that only has ks_nordschleife__touristenfahrten.bin and la_canyon.bin.

Graphics wise,Im just using the reality pro 2 filter from RD with very minimal adjustments in pure other then set it to max.

Video Settings: https://acstuff.ru/s/SvZOZL

I changed the farplane settings,still see no trees.
With your setting trees where still showing...But I don't have Pur be I am 100% sure many tested it with Pur.

I would go to CM-Settings CSP > About and hit delete patch and then hit install 0.1.79
OR
Disable SOL CM>Assetto Corsa > Video and uncheck Pos-Processing.

You might want to try imola 1994 and see if you have 3d Trees.

Keep me posted!

Bonne chance!

With your setting trees where still showing...But I don't have Pur be I am 100% sure many tested it with Pur.

I would go to CM-Settings CSP > About and hit delete patch and then hit install 0.1.79
OR
Disable SOL CM>Assetto Corsa > Video and uncheck Pos-Processing.

You might want to try imola 1994 and see if you have 3d Trees.

Keep me posted!

Bonne chance!
The post processing was causing the issues for me,It was to do with the CSP,it will not work on 0.1.79-preview5,anything onwards from that seems to work fine. Thank you for the help Fred. And hopefully anyone with the same issue can find this thread.

This is amazing! Great work! I planted almost 800 trees around Albert Park and at the finish line I accidently hit the clear button. All the trees were removed. But I saw in the track's folder there were all of the tree .txt files. Is there a way to reimport the trees from the files in the folder? Or do I have to start over?

Just watched the spats video which brought me here. Nice work.

Downloaded but not tried yet. Is it possible to replace 2D trees with 3D trees? Either placing 'over the top' of the 2D trees - but preferably removing the 2D tree? Or do you need free space first to add the 3D trees?

I am currently investigating about the possibility to place 2D objects...

To hide existing objects (like 2d trees) you have 2 options,

A)
1. Get the mesh name of the objects you want to hide using object inspector​
2. Add this to [yourtrack]/extension/ext-config.ini (create it if it does not exist)​
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]​
FILE = model.kn5 ; name of KN5 (track kn5)​
; To remove certain meshes or whole nodes containing meshes (optional):​
HIDE = name1, name2 ; meshes or nodes to hide (no protected meshes)​
B)
1. Get the material name of the objects you want to hide using object inspector​
2. Add this to [yourtrack]/extension/ext-config.ini (create it if it does not exist)​
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]​
MATERIALS = material1, material2,...​
LOD_IN = 10000​
Maybe this tool can be helpful, if reading, it does remove the vanilla (guess the Kunos) trees.

This is amazing! Great work! I planted almost 800 trees around Albert Park and at the finish line I accidently hit the clear button. All the trees were removed. But I saw in the track's folder there were all of the tree .txt files. Is there a way to reimport the trees from the files in the folder? Or do I have to start over?
Rename tree file to match the name found in ext_config.ini

@FastFred Great tool thank you!

Only thing not working by me is the refresh of the trees when I hit save.
It saves the trees.tx file, but I have to force ext_config.ini manually to save (by the way, I have to change something in the file, if I simply save it doesn't work.
Very strange , can't understand why, because trees are then working OK. Only the refresh is not working automatically...
Already changed version, disbled some options I see here were causing problems, but without success?
Any idea? Any way even if I have to refresh manally, the app works really great!
Thank you for you work

@FastFred Great tool thank you!

Only thing not working by me is the refresh of the trees when I hit save.
It saves the trees.tx file, but I have to force ext_config.ini manually to save (by the way, I have to change something in the file, if I simply save it doesn't work.
Very strange , can't understand why, because trees are then working OK. Only the refresh is not working automatically...
Already changed version, disbled some options I see here were causing problems, but without success?
Any idea? Any way even if I have to refresh manally, the app works really great!
Thank you for you work
Humm, do you have 2 lists (trees.txt and dummy.txt)? Send me your [trees] section in ext_config.ini. Also make sure there are no duplicate sections of [trees].

You should have either:
LIST_0=trees\trees.txt
LIST_99=trees\dummy.txt
or
LIST_99=trees\trees.txt
LIST_0=trees\dummy.txt

To force reload the app is swapping the 2 lists on every save... dummy.txt points to nothing but is required (for now)

version 0.8 coming this weekend should fix this.

Thank you
Humm, do you have 2 lists (trees.txt and dummy.txt)? Send me your [trees] section in ext_config.ini. Also make sure there are no duplicate sections of [trees].

You should have either:
LIST_0=trees\trees.txt
LIST_99=trees\dummy.txt
or
LIST_99=trees\trees.txt
LIST_0=trees\dummy.txt

To force reload the app is swapping the 2 lists on every save... dummy.txt points to nothing but is required (for now)

version 0.8 coming this weekend should fix this.
Thank you,
I'm not not the SIM PC so can't send
But I have only a list (LIST_0=trees\trees.txt) in my ext_config.ini.
And I have to add it manually, or should be the app to add it automatically?
EDIT: tried on the fly adding manually the 2 entries in ext_config.ini. and now it works. So I assume the answer to my question right above is I have to do it manually... ;)

I read you to do list, I would also if possible to suggest a feature I don't read there if you think could be interesting.
The possibility to control the size (or eventually also other specific parameter, I know another is color) of the single tree from the interface would be really nice.
Now when "planting" in point capture mode, in future (for example when you'll allow to move the tree) also editing it selecting the single tree.

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you,
I'm not not the SIM PC so can't send
But I have only a list (LIST_0=trees\trees.txt) in my ext_config.ini.
And I have to add it manually, or should be the app to add it automatically?
EDIT: tried on the fly adding manually the 2 entries in ext_config.ini. and now it works. So I assume the answer to my question right above is I have to do it manually... ;)

I read you to do list, I would also if possible to suggest a feature I don't read there if you think could be interesting.
The possibility to control the size (or eventually also other specific parameter, I know another is color) of the single tree from the interface would be really nice.
Now when "planting" in point capture mode, in future (for example when you'll allow to move the tree) also editing it selecting the single tree.
Thanks for suggestions!
All of this and more (except moving) is in v0.8 coming this weekend. Live moving will have to wait for CSP 1.8 release (not available in preview). I might come up with an interim solution...

FastFred updated 3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter with a new update entry:

3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter

TreePlanter 0.8 is designed to streamline the process of adding 3D trees to existing tracks.

Note that 3D trees requires CSP 0.1.79 or greater.

Install:
Drop zip file in ContentManager or copy Lua folder to assettocorsa\app\.

Changes:
  • New UI
  • Ability to edit, change, move existing trees
  • Auto save
  • Enable/Disable 2D and 3D trees
  • Flyby
  • Edit global settings
  • Reground levitating trees ;)
Feature:
  • Live Preview
  • Can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is an awsome tool ty so much, beautifull, fast and easy to set and perfs dont suffer too much on VR!

I never worked with bin files, do you think blender can export on this format? the goal would be to add more objects than trees like parked traffic cars, street lamps or any other track objects. Working like on an editor like this can be really usefull for some stuff and your tool looks perfect for this purpose, no rush have a good day.

This is an awsome tool ty so much, beautifull, fast and easy to set and perfs dont suffer too much on VR!

I never worked with bin files, do you think blender can export on this format? the goal would be to add more objects than trees like parked traffic cars, street lamps or any other track objects. Working like on an editor like this can be really usefull for some stuff and your tool looks perfect for this purpose, no rush have a good day.
Bin files are actually zip files created by Tree Model Converter found in CM. Tree Model Converter converts FBX from blender or other 3D software. I successfully done what you want to do but I am still not clear if it's the way to go. I am working on something else for this as I feel it would be awkward to place cars with a CSP feature built for trees...

Here is the blender file I used to create maple.zip.

Process:
  1. From Treeit export to FBX
  2. Use blender to create LOD and export to FBX
  3. Convert FBX to BIN using Tree Model Converter

I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to create them in a zip with their respective LOD. I have 2 test trees, I put them in a .zip as some are but they do not appear in AC, the shadow is just a little noticeable.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%