3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter

Tracks 3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter 0.81

Login or Register an account to download this content
I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to create them in a zip with their respective LOD. I have 2 test trees, I put them in a .zip as some are but they do not appear in AC, the shadow is just a little noticeable.
I think you could be lost more or less where I was also lost.

Befeore converting it, make sure:

1) every lod must be one single mesh only (for example in case use the attach function in 3dsMax)
2) If you have different material for one tree, make sure to use a proper multimaterial (automatically done if you use the above command in 3dsMax)
3) on the material you need the diffuse and bump textures to be set (I think, I have all my models with these textures, never tried without the bump)

This is how I managed to have my trees in game.

There is stil one thing I'm missing... I have a tree (only one, other are working OK) that it doesn't stay in teh surface even if apparentely the origin is correctly set as all others. Really strange beahaviour, at the end I use teh workaround to correct the Y position manually, but I really qould like to understand why it's in the wrong position....

Last edited:
I think you could be lost more or less where I was also lost.

Befeore converting it, make sure:

1) every lod must be one single mesh only (for example in case use the attach function in 3dsMax)
2) If you have different material for one tree, make sure to use a proper multimaterial (automatically done if you use the above command in 3dsMax)
3) on the material you need the diffuse and bump textures to be set (I think, I have all my models with these textures, never tried without the bump)

This is how I managed to have my trees in game.

There is stil one thing I'm missing... I have a tree (only one, other are working OK) that it doesn't stay in teh surface even if apparentely the origin is correctly set as all others. Really strange beahaviour, at the end I use teh workaround to correct the Y position manually, but I really qould like to understand why it's in the wrong position....
In blender I wound say you forgot to apply transformations. I don’t know how to do this in 3dmax. If your tree is under a parent object make sure the tree and his parent is at 0,0,0. Send me your FBX.

FastFred

In blender I wound say you forgot to apply transformations. I don’t know how to do this in 3dmax. If your tree is under a parent object make sure the tree and his parent is at 0,0,0. Send me your FBX.

FastFred
I think I have found a possible problem. All position were correctly set in 0,0,0. But when I exported I wrongly exported in the wrong units. Instad of coming back in teh 3D software and export again with the correct units I simply edited the tree.ini inside the .bin. That probably made some unexpected inaccuracy in the conversion. Now I re-exported with the right units and then converted everything seems OK.

Great work and seems to be working with latest CSP version, however when I try to get birdseye view it no longer works as intended, seems to just stay in the current view. Has latest CSP changed something or a setting I’ve missed?

Great work and seems to be working with latest CSP version, however when I try to get birdseye view it no longer works as intended, seems to just stay in the current view. Has latest CSP changed something or a setting I’ve missed?
Hi, thanks for sharing.

The app works with CSP 0.1.80 but I found a few bugs with LUA SDK and most are already fixed or getting fixed by x4fab. Where it gets complicated is to release a version compatible with all those preview releases. Since bugs are not that limiting, I am waiting for a stable CSP version before releasing another version.

Known bugs:
  • All LUA apps might shut down when my app creates the ext_config.ini file. CSP related
  • Birdseye not working on some tracks with some CSP 0.1.80 versions
  • Slightly tilted camera after using Flyby. CSP < preview ~200

FastFred

Heyo :) Just needed some help with the mod. Ten mins ago all of a sudden trees stopped planting, even with autosave and idk why :/
Hi, sorry for the delay! It is likely an invalid bin or zip file. Any invalid trees that is referenced in trees.txt would prevent all trees from showing. Backup you trees.txt file and start an empty one. Or send me your trees.txt.

FastFred

Hi, sorry for the delay! It is likely an invalid bin or zip file. Any invalid trees that is referenced in trees.txt would prevent all trees from showing. Backup you trees.txt file and start an empty one. Or send me your trees.txt.

FastFred
here's the file :) For the reboot team sebring.

Attachments

• trees.txt
    396 bytes · Views: 47
I've used polygon capture mode to create an area with trees and some are floating. When I press on "regound all trees" nothing happens. Am I missing something?

To my understanding this would work for adding Y trees very easily no? covering up hills that are just a green texture with Y trees to better the far end of tracks with mountainous regions in minutes would be amazing.

Last edited:
there's a problem with the view tab, if you use the hide function or display the 2d or 3d tree, it completely rewrites the ext_config.ini file and deletes all the comments that were in my file and nothing is in the same order anymore

Critical bug in TreePlanter app

The 3d-Tree app, TreePlanter has a bug in the "view" tab. Using this function to hide/show 2d or 3d trees will result in corruption of ./extension/ext_config.ini in the current track. This is caused by a faulty method to set the visibility by reading any ksTree entry and then tries to copy this to a new section and setting LOD_IN=10000 (2d trees function example), resulting in a corruption of the config.

The author has been contacted in regards to this matter, but in the meantime I have a created a patch that disables this function.

Replace assettocorsa\apps\lua\TreePlanter\TreePlanterEditor.lua with the file in the attached archive (remove the .txt suffix) or from this link

Attachments

• TreePlanterEditor.lua.txt
    33.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hi, I wanted to know if you can delete the trees that the track has by default? I found the "hide 2D" option, but I would like them not to take up space because I want to put several 3D trees. If not, if you can recommend a program/tutorial (I saw the comment about "vanilla trees remove" but in the steam forum it says that it doesn't work, I found a link outside, but it's only two ddl archives. Greetings.

Hey FastFred, Are there any plans to update this tool in the future?
If so It would be great if you could implement a Area-Select Delete Tree Tool.

Hi for some reason i cannot see the trees i planted in real-time. :( it used to work flawlessly but now no real-time plopping of trees for me, will only show up when the track is reloaded. Help. I tried re installing CSP and the app itself but to no avail. Has anyone experienced this before?

question:
is there a maximum distance from the world centre where trees can be planted?
i'm working on a large track (20 kms) and when i get far away from the startline i notice the trees are not snapped to the terrain but the appear somewhere in the great void below...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 5.1%