3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter

Tracks 3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter 0.81

Login or Register an account to download this content
FastFred submitted a new resource:

3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter - Add 3D trees to any tracks

TreePlanter 0.5 is a Lua app design to help adding trees to existing tracks. 3D trees requires CSP 0.1.79 or greater.

Install:
Drop zip file in ContentManager or copy Lua folder to assettocorsa\app\.

Feature:
  • Live Preview
  • Can locate trees individually, on edges or in areas (polygon)
  • Tree file versioning
  • Ability to select different trees (use your own)
  • Undo
  • Tree base WILL follow the ground mesh
Limitation:
  • For better results try using a view...

Read more about this resource...

first thank you for your work. this application will become my best friend. I allow myself to propose some evolutions to you
1 to be able to select several types of trees. The goal is to make surfaces with several species.
2 be able to indicate the sizes, rotation, height, luminosity from your application
3 be able to name the name of the file which is saved.

first thank you for your work. this application will become my best friend. I allow myself to propose some evolutions to you
1 to be able to select several types of trees. The goal is to make surfaces with several species.
2 be able to indicate the sizes, rotation, height, luminosity from your application
3 be able to name the name of the file which is saved.
Great suggestions.
If I may you can already select multiple type of trees. If you drop more bin and or zip files in the trees folder they will all show in the drop down. What I could do is randomly select different types if more than one exist. Only one is included with my app.

For the naming, I have to generate a sequence name on every save for the live refresh to work. Feel free to rename the file when done. This will not break anything.

Great suggestions.
If I may you can already select multiple type of trees. If you drop more bin and or zip files in the trees folder they will all show in the drop down. What I could do is randomly select different types if more than one exist. Only one is included with my app.

For the naming, I have to generate a sequence name on every save for the live refresh to work. Feel free to rename the file when done. This will not break anything.
Hi on point 1, my dream idea would be to put all the trees you want to use in the tree directory in the extension folder. In your app. all of these trees appear in a list, all you have to do is tick the trees you want to use and your program inserts them randomly on the track; Thanks;)

Hi on point 1, my dream idea would be to put all the trees you want to use in the tree directory in the extension folder. In your app. all of these trees appear in a list, all you have to do is tick the trees you want to use and your program inserts them randomly on the track; Thanks;)
I think it's was current usage

I don't use 3D trees because I don't like them and they tax my older system too much, but I do applaud you for creating this app for those people that do like\use 3D trees. I'm certain this will make it easier for people to add 3D trees to their favorite tracks and make the list of tracks with 3D trees grow quicker. Well done.

I don't use 3D trees because I don't like them and they tax my older system too much, but I do applaud you for creating this app for those people that do like\use 3D trees. I'm certain this will make it easier for people to add 3D trees to their favorite tracks and make the list of tracks with 3D trees grow quicker. Well done.
I also do not use mush 3D trees as I do not have a proper GPU. I am working on an other app to place objects on the track itself and the idea came up for the TreePlanter when I saw people using a combination of Excel sheets, Object Inspector, Railroad Planner,... I am just too lazy to hand place objects one by one :)

FastFred updated 3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter with a new update entry:

Upcoming version v0.51

Hi all,

New version is coming soon with random tree type selection. Will also read the current tree file on startup.

Waiting for more comments and bugs report before releasing.

I figured a way the share tree assets across all tracks. Let me know if interested has I do not want to document/automate it for nothing. The idea is not to duplicate 100Mb of bin files for nothing.

View attachment 649698

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cool app man!
A nice feature would be the ability to select a track Y-tree mesh, and have all instances swapped (For quick and dirty trackwide replacement), combined with a shared bank of tree types this would make things super easy!

Cool app man!
A nice feature would be the ability to select a track Y-tree mesh, and have all instances swapped (For quick and dirty trackwide replacement), combined with a shared bank of tree types this would make things super easy!
Trees are already snapping to the terrain (or whatever object you drop them on)! No matter how uneven it is. It also supports as many tree types as you can drop in the trees folder.

Thanks for this.
Couple of questions (not clear to me, but maybe you already explained, in this case apologies): you add trees in game, so where are they saved? Will they appear again in the following loading?

Thanks for this.
Couple of questions (not clear to me, but maybe you already explained, in this case apologies): you add trees in game, so where are they saved? Will they appear again in the following loading?
Tree features is not my creation, it's part of CSP 0.1.79 CSP Trees. My App is to streamline the process of creating the tree.txt file and eliminate the tedious process of finding terrain points where you want trees. It's also WYSIWYG.

Tree assets and configuration end up in your track folder /extension. Yes, trees will show on next load without the need of TreePlanter after creation.

Just watched the spats video which brought me here. Nice work.

Downloaded but not tried yet. Is it possible to replace 2D trees with 3D trees? Either placing 'over the top' of the 2D trees - but preferably removing the 2D tree? Or do you need free space first to add the 3D trees?

Just watched the spats video which brought me here. Nice work.

Downloaded but not tried yet. Is it possible to replace 2D trees with 3D trees? Either placing 'over the top' of the 2D trees - but preferably removing the 2D tree? Or do you need free space first to add the 3D trees?
I am currently investigating about the possibility to place 2D objects...

To hide existing objects (like 2d trees) you have 2 options,

A)
1. Get the mesh name of the objects you want to hide using object inspector​
2. Add this to [yourtrack]/extension/ext-config.ini (create it if it does not exist)​
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]​
FILE = model.kn5 ; name of KN5 (track kn5)​
; To remove certain meshes or whole nodes containing meshes (optional):​
HIDE = name1, name2 ; meshes or nodes to hide (no protected meshes)​
B)
1. Get the material name of the objects you want to hide using object inspector​
2. Add this to [yourtrack]/extension/ext-config.ini (create it if it does not exist)​
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]​
MATERIALS = material1, material2,...​
LOD_IN = 10000​

FastFred updated 3D Trees in 2 minutes with TreePlanter with a new update entry:

FAQ

Many are asking for more trees or are expecting me to provide some.

I am not a 3D modeler and will not create trees.

Here is a none exhaustive list of the tree I use. I will not package them as I want the creators to keep the credits for their work. Here is the list:
  • imgame Nordschleife 3d trees (Large file as all bin are duplicated 6 times) Just use the ones on any of the trees...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey neat little app. I literally just released my AC Foliage tool with some tutorial videos on how to place thousands of trees very rapidly on a track. The tricky bit is that my tool is meant to be used with tracks you have the blender files for.

I also ended up making a bunch of 3D trees and Y trees specifically to be used with TreeFX. Will be making more. The one thing I will point out that differs greatly when it comes to Y trees being placed by TreeFX, is that the materials and faces are double sided, unlike the single sidedness in the kn5 filles. So the models are a tad different, in particularly how their UV maps are done.

In either case there is quite a bit of overlap between our tools.

Hey neat little app. I literally just released my AC Foliage tool with some tutorial videos on how to place thousands of trees very rapidly on a track. The tricky bit is that my tool is meant to be used with tracks you have the blender files for.

I also ended up making a bunch of 3D trees and Y trees specifically to be used with TreeFX. Will be making more. The one thing I will point out that differs greatly when it comes to Y trees being placed by TreeFX, is that the materials and faces are double sided, unlike the single sidedness in the kn5 filles. So the models are a tad different, in particularly how their UV maps are done.

In either case there is quite a bit of overlap between our tools.
No offence, different tools for different needs. I see benefits in both.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%