rF2 397 GT3 @ Istanbul - Fri 21 June 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great fun. Unfortunately I had problems too, 13th place with 5 minutes to go and the graphics glitched, I could still hear the sounds of my engine and that horrible sound of hitting the barrier and being helpless to it!

Anyway cheers it was fun, will be back for more sometime.

:) Just a friendly remark! ;) :cool:
Please when you are lapped by 3 cars all within 1.5 sec, and you are NOT fighting for any position, be careful and try not to get in between cars before a twisty section. Just a tiny lift on strait to let all cars go and it's done and you won't have to be side by side with faster cars in corners. Happened a few times and it finally ended my race sadly :(

Beside that it was fun having so many cars fighting for positions.

[QUOTE = "Paul Glover, post: 2994236, miembro: 95638"] ¡Se perdió la conexión!

No estoy seguro de por qué, la transmisión se mantuvo activa ... incluso hoy había reiniciado mi enrutador. Nunca tuve este problema en RF2 antes. Vergüenza, ya que estaba disfrutando de abrirme camino. [/ QUOTE]
elimina el jugador j.son, haz que el juego cree uno nuevo, que si, tienes que hacer las nuevas configuraciones de nuevo,:);):thumbsup:

Qualifying has never been my strong suit, so I was happy with the pole. After my first lap with the rear wing on 2, I decided to try 1 on the rear wing which made me a bit faster. Small mistake in turn 8, too much oversteer, but the rest of the lap was near perfect. Anyway, here's my polelap, recorded from the hotlap replay (Some artifacts because of it)

1:51.246

Sorry this late guys, as soon as the race was finished I went to bed, I was feeling really rough.

What a great race this was ..@Enzo Fazzi took the lead from the start and managed to hold onto it for the whole race, @Henri Sinik was running in second place and made several attempts to pass, Eventually @RainhamIron was on charge and eventually manage to pass Henri for second place, the pit area never had a hotdog stand thankfully, because that is where Andy would have been! this is how the race finished at the front...all three drivers were very consistent and put on a great show

There were many great battles going on behind these three drivers, both in the top ten midpack and at the rear..so very well done

This was zi99y first race, well done m8 for entering, this was a very tough track for a first timer, although you had a DNF up to that point you was doing great ...I hope to see you again very soon

Congrads to the podiums
Congrads to all the drivers that finished ..this was a tough track :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week at Le mans :thumbsup:

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Paul Glover, post: 2994236, miembro: 95638"] ¡Se perdió la conexión!

No estoy seguro de por qué, la transmisión se mantuvo activa ... incluso hoy había reiniciado mi enrutador. Nunca tuve este problema en RF2 antes. Vergüenza, ya que estaba disfrutando de abrirme camino. [/ QUOTE]
elimina el jugador j.son, haz que el juego cree uno nuevo, que si, tienes que hacer las nuevas configuraciones de nuevo,:);):thumbsup:

General rules:

The main language at RaceDepartment is English. Other languages are permitted only in private and profile messages.

Hi chaps.

I was pretty anxious leading up to the RF2 race last night, coming into a chat with ~20 people you don't know (most of who know already each other) and not wanting to to look like a dick on track was a little bit daunting! Thanks for the welcome, and especially to @Craig Dunkley for helping me get setup and going.

Lesson number 1 was to make sure there is free disk space, presumably the replay filled it up and the game crashed and I had a mad dash to get into the race before it started - massive thanks for holding on for me, whoever did that! Anyway this meant I bolted to the garage and went for a full tank and didn't have time for a tyre change, no biggie.

The race started and I was feeling tense from the panic of getting the game running, but after a little while I found a rhythm at the back of the pack :) I've only had the Rift since monday so sitting there with a hot face for so long isn't something I'm used to, let alone racing non-AI!

Inevitably the blue flags started appearing, and after a mostly solitary race I started feeling nervous. I did actually read the rules and my internal monologue told me not to make a move until it's clear they're going for an overtake, at this point I gave a little extra room and a lift each time, and they went past. There were a couple of corner overtakes and I made sure to go wide when they did. Then I noticed someone spin in my rear view and my heart sunk. By this point teamspeak had gone totally quiet and I'm not even sure if it was working - surely if I had done something wrong I would know about it?

A few laps later and for seemingly no reason at all my Oculus glitched on a corner, I felt a jot of seasickness as I realised the audio was still working and I heard the crunch as my Porsche made contact with the barrier. Pressing buttons was futile, nothing worked, I eventually had to kill rf2 and finally return to the room, rather gutted.

@Christian.ca I'm so sorry if I caused you to crash, all I can tell you is I honestly was trying to do the right thing, but will know better and try to avoid being in the way on corners next time. Please accept my apologies - I feel pretty gutted about that. I was about to reply but the thread is now locked, so I thought I'd post here.

Is it possible to obtain the someone's reply file for the race? Because my game crashed it didn't generate the file, I'm only left with a .tmp file which seems to be unusable (thinking I could even turn you all into AIs and then finish the race lol!).

Congrats to the winners, impressive stuff!!!

Cheers all

Just a couple of things I think are worth mentioning. :)

Firstly, when it comes to being lapped it is the responsibility of the lapping driver to make the pass safely. As per our rules, you should not deviate from your usual racing line or suddenly slow down, as unpredictable behaviour is more likely to result in an incident. Just keep an eye open, wait for the lapper to initiate a pass, and then if safe to do so you can ease off the throttle or go a bit wide to leave them extra space.

Second is that if you want to discuss an incident with another driver, you should contact them via PM. Emotions can get a bit high sometimes so discussing them in public can lead to a heated argument instead, especially when others who were not part of the incident start chiming in with their own views. Best to keep it between yourselves, and if you're unable to resolve the issue then contact the staff member who organised the event.

Other than that, try not to dwell on any mistakes you make and don't let them put you off racing online. :) Everyone has to start somewhere, besides which mistakes happen to us all, no matter how experienced we are. That's just racing!

First my little post on the other thread was as said just a friendly remark and not directed to anyone in particular. Certainly not an attempt to initiate a heated argument, and wasn't expecting it to go further.

But I feel I need to reply here, just to make sure it's not taken the wrong way.

Please do not feel bad about anything @zi99y you did not cause my lost of control and again, my remark was not specially directed to that situation. We had to pass a few lapped cars and each time it was a little complicated, mostly because we were 3 or 4 cars sometimes in a close racing situation.

I know how stressful it can be sometimes, so please do not worry too much about it and again it was a general remark and not directed to anyone. It's all about fun, learning, and progression with up and down.

See you on track. :thumbsup:

Hi chaps.

I was pretty anxious leading up to the RF2 race last night, coming into a chat with ~20 people you don't know (most of who know already each other) and not wanting to to look like a dick on track was a little bit daunting! Thanks for the welcome, and especially to @Craig Dunkley for helping me get setup and going.

Lesson number 1 was to make sure there is free disk space, presumably the replay filled it up and the game crashed and I had a mad dash to get into the race before it started - massive thanks for holding on for me, whoever did that! Anyway this meant I bolted to the garage and went for a full tank and didn't have time for a tyre change, no biggie.

The race started and I was feeling tense from the panic of getting the game running, but after a little while I found a rhythm at the back of the pack :) I've only had the Rift since monday so sitting there with a hot face for so long isn't something I'm used to, let alone racing non-AI!

Inevitably the blue flags started appearing, and after a mostly solitary race I started feeling nervous. I did actually read the rules and my internal monologue told me not to make a move until it's clear they're going for an overtake, at this point I gave a little extra room and a lift each time, and they went past. There were a couple of corner overtakes and I made sure to go wide when they did. Then I noticed someone spin in my rear view and my heart sunk. By this point teamspeak had gone totally quiet and I'm not even sure if it was working - surely if I had done something wrong I would know about it?

A few laps later and for seemingly no reason at all my Oculus glitched on a corner, I felt a jot of seasickness as I realised the audio was still working and I heard the crunch as my Porsche made contact with the barrier. Pressing buttons was futile, nothing worked, I eventually had to kill rf2 and finally return to the room, rather gutted.

@Christian.ca I'm so sorry if I caused you to crash, all I can tell you is I honestly was trying to do the right thing, but will know better and try to avoid being in the way on corners next time. Please accept my apologies - I feel pretty gutted about that. I was about to reply but the thread is now locked, so I thought I'd post here.

Is it possible to obtain the someone's reply file for the race? Because my game crashed it didn't generate the file, I'm only left with a .tmp file which seems to be unusable (thinking I could even turn you all into AIs and then finish the race lol!).

Congrats to the winners, impressive stuff!!!

Cheers all
It only seems like 5 minutes since I was making my 'proper' online racing debut (ok 10+ years ago I did a few online races with Grid :p). Then a couple of years ago I stopped hotlapping and made the brave step into racing with other humans! Omg I'll never forget it - the heart rate was off the scale, and I was absolutely paranoid about taking somebody out, etc etc...
2 years later I still get nervous, but thankfully the worry is a bit less intense than it used to be.
Just hang in there, practice as much as you can, and keep racing. The more you do, the less daunting it will become.
I had tech issues also myself last night - a blue screen of death right at the start of qualy. Not ideal prep if course :whistling::poop: Also in the oculus headset, I was sweating like a pig during the race. Damn, it felt that I'd never concentrated like that before :roflmao:

Anyway don't be disheartened, just keep plugging away and try to learn from your experience. Otherwise I'll see if I can upload my replay file later on during the weekend. I'm having to sort out my bsod issues, but hopefully I'll get chance between all of that mess...

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. It really does get the blood pumping. Unlike any other "game" I've played!

Cheers for your message @Christian.ca glad to know we're all good. I'll be back for more definitely, going to have a break while I absorb what I've learned befor I join another race.

The le mans race sounds amazing, but a bit too full on for me right now. I love the circuit but the length of the race is above my threshold at the mo! I'll be tuning in to check it out tho.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back