rF2 2024mula 1 Championship - rFactor 2 Racing Club Registration

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
2024mula 1.jpg

Welcome to the 2024mula 1 Championship, a Racing Club competition chaining together results in 12 rFactor 2 Club races throughout 2024 in the fantastically recreated modern Formula 1 cars. Once a Month on Single-Seater Mondays, we will take the fastest contemporary racing cars out for some fantastic action!
Using the 2023 skins until 2024 is released, drivers are welcome to sign up to represent a Constructor for the season to score points in that Championship along with the Drivers championship.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 2024mula 1
Car(s):
  • Formula Hybrid-22 - [STEAM]

Calendar
Races are 200km. Weather will be set to replicate real conditions at the circuit.
calendar.png

*Monaco 150km, France 250km.
Tracks with DRS will use it in the race. The Safety Car will be enabled and will not add laps to the distance.
Two different compounds of tyre must be used in every race. There is no refuelling.

Event Times
Practice:
19:00 UK Local Time (75 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UK Local Time (15 minutes) *Except Le Mans, 30 min quali starting 20:00
Warm-Up: 20:30 UK Local Time (5 minutes)
Race: 20:35 UK Local Time

Each race will have its own thread as usual, sign up for thee races in them.

Championship
Points will be scored as follows:
  1. 10 pts
  2. 8 pts
  3. 6 pts
  4. 5 pts
  5. 4 pts
  6. 3 pts
  7. 2 pts
  8. 1 pt
Additionally there will be 2 points for Pole Position.
To mitigate for the fact that not everybody will be able to compete in all rounds, the Championship will be scored over your best 9 results.

The lowest number of entrants before which a race will take place is 6. If 5 or fewer people are racing by the end of qualifying, the race will not take place and everyone who was signed up will be awarded 4 points. If you sign up, please do your utmost to appear in every event you possibly can.

Entries
If you wish to get involved with the Championship, please sign up for a team below. You do not need to have signed up for the Championship in this thread to score points, however you may have second choice over team car.

Red Bull
#1: @Lesley Buurlage
#11: @ThreeLionz

Mercedes
#44: @Jimlaad43
#63:

Ferrari
#16: @David Steinacher
#55: @RockRacing77

McLaren
#4: @Steve Le Gallez
#81:

Aston Martin
#14: @Kamran Khan
#18: @Craig Dunkley

Alpine
#10: @Michel vL
#31:

Williams
#2: @jubes1971
#23: @Kresh

AlphaTauri/RB
#3:
#22:

Alfa Romeo/Stake
#24:
#77:

Haas
#20: @Ingemar Petersson
#27:

Practice Server
2 weeks before each race, a Practice Server will go up. For this championship ONLY, you MAY discuss laptimes you are doing in the thread. It may be a Championship, but this is also Club Racing and we want to use this as a chance to share setups and tips. If all goes to plan we will have a live webpage tracking fastest laptimes set on the practice server, so use that to see what is happening and see if it helps you identify where to work on speeding up.
Server results Link (tbc)

Setups
Generic setups will be posted here. Use these as baselines for the circuits mentioned in them. They may just need slight adjustments to suit individual tracks, but they will be good enough without modification.
*High DF setup - tbd*
*Medium DF setup - tbd*
*Low DF setup - tbd*

Standings
1712611811601.png

Last edited:
This video just seems like a checklist for "Challenge Accepted". Perhaps this is what we need to do with the F1 car servers :confused:
Time to find a good F1 2020 mod so we can break out the W11

Last edited:
Why does the default setup feel so good for Malaysia? :confused:

@Jimlaad43 how will the laptime thingy work once available? Will there be an overview of all laps driven on the practice server?
I'll post my current setup when I get home for you to try. It's a bit understeery in the low speed, but there's plenty of speed elsewhere.

The laptime thingy is still TBC as I am eternally grateful to @Ole Marius Myrvold who is kindly trying to set something up for me. In concept, it will be a page that shows a table of everyone's fastest laps on the practice server. If you go on and go faster, it will update itself.

As much as sharing laptimes goes against the Racing Club rules (for good reason), I want to use this championship as a way to help people improve and close the gap to the quick guys in front. Being 3 seconds slower sucks, but something as simple as a comparison of all 3 sectors is already a great way to see where to improve. If you're half a second off in S1 and S3, but 2 seconds off in S2, that's already a good indicator as to where needs improving. With this info at like Sepang, that may indicate that you're struggling in the high-speed turns. This can then be a question you ask in the thread for advice and we will try to help.

Crucially, this Championship is a wholly unofficial event on RD, rather than an RD Championship, as it has no prizes. I want this to be a combination of fun racing and a communal learning opportunity. Sharing setups, onboards or other tips and tricks will only improve the experience for all racers, hence why I want to give this a go.

The laptime thingy is still TBC as I am eternally grateful to @Ole Marius Myrvold who is kindly trying to set something up for me. In concept, it will be a page that shows a table of everyone's fastest laps on the practice server. If you go on and go faster, it will update itself.

No pressure. I think I have to postpone the further checks until tomorrow. Not home yet from work, so it will be a late night tonight.

Is there some coding involved? I'm software developer so happy to help if I can :)
Nope, but I will PM you anyway, or message you on Discord or something. Potentially tomorrow. Basically because a readme has been lost in the foreverworld, and well it might help.

Also, I potentially have another thing I am wondering about, where someone who knows coding might be very helpful. It's not a big thing, but it would be very useful, and that might be a better reason to ask you - however, now I got another excuse! Haha!

Can we join a practice session and just try out the car/track combo to see if we like it?
Hiya mate. The first race is this Monday, feel free to sign up there if you want to join in. However I cannot allow you in unless you upgrade to Premium. Once you join, I will be able to send you the password for the server, as it is currently only available to Premium members.

Do some laps offline to see if the car and track combination suits you :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.