AC 2024 F3 Championship warm up race @Portimao, Thurs 25th Jan 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Racing Club Assetto Corsa 2024 F3 Championship.
F3.png

During the upcoming 2024 season of F1, we will race on the Thursday before the real F1 weekend and further details about the championship and registration will follow shortly.

But before we get going and following the Winter testing at Barcelona, we are moving a little further south and over the border to the, hopefully warmer, Algarve International Circuit at Portimao.

It's a warm-up for the championship, not only for the organizers but also for you to test the car under race conditions.

If you have never ventured into Formula cars before, now is your chance to try driving an open wheeler with lots of grip, downforce and experience what it's like to be a Max, Lewis or Charles.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.
Go to using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password for the Wednesday events, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (20:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:10 CET, 21:10 BST (21:10 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2 (reverse grid)

Event details:

Download for FREE Version 2 This car is made free as an appreciation to our community. You must not reupload the files for public distribution anywhere else. This is the Formula RSS 3 V6 for the PC version of Assetto Corsa by Race Sim Studio, a car base.​

Portimao.png

Track Information:https://www.racingcircuits.info/europe/portugal/algarve-portimao.html

• Pit stop: Optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 35 degree Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:

Attachments

• F3.png
    F3.png
    403.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Anyone else having the washed out look on the grass and trees? De selecting track adjustments will rectify but my track runs badly when i do.

Probably yes Carston. Problem is when you untick track adjustments which controls seasonal the colour is fine but in VR the juddering is unexceptable. I will try reducing my render quality and see what happens. Exactly same problem as Crystal Palace last week. New tracks and cps not liking each other i think.

I´ve seen a tickbox seasonal adjustments somewhere in CSP, so you probably can opt out on this one.
But I admit I find this whole conglomerate (that´s polite for confusing mess) a chore to work through so I don´t touch it when things go moderately well:speechless:

Last edited:
Oh, tomorrow! I thought it was next week. Well then I'll get to work installing the few (thousand :confused::thumbsup:) coats of paint. I won't be able to drive anymore today. All that remains is training tomorrow. Does anyone to want to share a basic setup? So far I've only driven 5 test laps to distinguish between the cars without adjusting anything.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, tomorrow! I thought it was next week. Well then I'll get to work installing the few (thousand :confused::thumbsup:) coats of paint. I won't be able to drive anymore today. All that remains is training tomorrow. Does anyone to want to share a basic setup? So far I've only driven 5 test laps to distinguish between the cars without adjusting anything.
Hi Hank,
I was wondering where you had got too! You are very welcome.
Jason kindly provided a safe base set up in the Barcelona thread. (Sorry, I can't seem to copy it to here), page 3.
The Championship starts for real on February 29th in Bahrain, there will be more details on Friday.

I will have to skip today's race too, conflict with work schedule. This year it will be a challenge to race Thursdays for me.

Have fun for everyone who will be at the race!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.7%